• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs: Are you all morning people?

Morning or Night person?

• Early Bird

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Night Owl

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • It depends, damn it!

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I started a not-totally-irrelevant thread (with poll) that suggested that Js are more likely to be morning people that Ps here.

Of course, Js disagreed on principle's sake, but all we non-morning people know that the most patently morning people usually insist that they aren't really morning people. And, as many noted, the internet probably does tend to attract a disproportionate amount of night people. And intelligent people. Coincidence?

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Depends on what phase of my creative cycle I am on.

When I am getting ideas, I stay up very late. That way most peole are not awake and they don't interfee with their "vibes". It's an Ni thing. I just go and go taking in more stuff of the thing that interests me. Observing possible patterns and implications. Obviously, I wake up very late.

At some point all of this stuff will need to be turned into something. This is my building phase. Here I wake up super early like a crazy person must DO something with these thoughts. When I am "working" (for me it's all working, but outsiders consider the part where you make something the working part), I like to attack first thing, when nobody is awake (like 4am or earlier). I go until I am "spent". During this phase I go to bed very early.

When my creation/concept is concrete enough, I get an urge (Fe) to share it with others. During this phase, and only this phase, my sleeping habits match that of "normal" people. This is because "normal" peole are exactly my prey (I am going to jump them and try to get them to understand my Ni vision) and so I adjust my schedule accordingly.

None of these changes takes "effort" or "planning". The motivating force of the phase determines my sleep patterns. Two out of three are definitly introverted, with corresponding off hours, and on is definitely extroverted (Fe), with corresponding hours.

I know that's sounds complicated, but I'm an INFJ. What did you expect?

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I get up at 5:30 every day unless something has kept me up late (like Olympic finals or waiting for a teenager to get home). Then I sleep in 'til 6:30 at the latest. Otherwise the world gets in teh way and I never feel quite settled.

Type related or situational training or biology? Idunno...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
*bump*

I can be a morning person if I need to be.
But there BETTER be coffee involved.

P

Phantonym

I love those really really early mornings when everything seems so fresh that you could almost feel the world awaken.

But I'd really have to make an effort to wake up early mornings. And I'm not completely a night-owl either. It depends, damn it! Unfortunately, I have to be functional during the day so, I've made an effort to be like that.

I like the time around 9-11 AM and 7-12 PM. Midnight is very nice.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually I tend to be. I'm unable to sleep in late anymore, even if I go to bed late at night, and while I enjoy just lying in bed and relaxing at times, I can only do that for maybe 30-45 minutes at the most and then I want/need to get up and do stuff.

Maybe some of it is tied to my love of nature, and being outside...and mornings are perfect for that. It seems like too much of a waste to not be outside enjoying things on a beautiful morning.

Also while traveling I can't not get up pretty early - I don't like lazing around in bed for hours -- as I'm ancy to get up and do and see things.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'm a night person, I can't get up in the mornings

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i like getting up at 5am, having my yummy coffee and surfing/emailing in peace.

i also like staying up late, especially if it means i'm getting Some........

Storiesandstorms

I am so not a morning person. Unfortunately, I am a teacher, so I have to get up early most of the time! Summers though are for sleeping in!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel physically ill if I have to get up early in the morning. I can't talk at all, resent being spoken to, and I just feel wretched.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm very much an early bird. I get up at 5:30 a.m. because I am excited for my day, and I want to get as much done as I can. I am most productive when I get an early start. I feel guilty on days where I get up late, but some rare days I need extra sleep.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I might be a morning person if I wasn't also a night owl. But I'm not cranky in the morning if people talk to me etc.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Early bird here.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Generally, I refuse to acknowledge the existence of time prior to 10am.
Wake me before then... and you will get hissed at.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an INFJ friend

mornings are not her thing.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Many mornings I wake up feeling a vague sense of terror.

So I go back to sleep and wake up and everything is normal again.

--

Theory/speculation time... (and personal experience)

Different times of day correspond to heightened activity of different functions. Basically, at sunrise your dominant function is most active, and then every 3 hours or so, it goes to the next function, so that night time more or less corresponds to the unconscious. So two things happen... either I wake up still in Si, and there's intense regret going through my mind, or I wake up in Ni with all the weirdness that goes along with that, but if I wake up in Fe things are normal. If I wake up in Ti I'm really tired and ISTP-ish at times.

So I used to tend to opt for the 10am wake ups where I could wake up ready to go, but honestly I do feel better if I get up at sunrise and don't go back to sleep, and the terror only occurs on some days, not all the time. There's a general haziness that goes along with Ni though. If I wake up early I'm more likely to get something artistic done. Back in the day I was a night owl, and things were really different back then. Interestingly, I was probably waking up at Ti time when I didn't have school, and I did identify a lot more with Ti back then. Partly coincidental, partly not.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Good to know TypoC threads on type were irreverent, arbitrary and pointless even back in 2008.

Greed

#1 thot
certain sj types seem like they are more inclined to be morning people than infjs. i am definitely not a morning person either.