• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Subtypes: which one are you?

Which ENFP subtype are you?

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever that response is means nothing to me.

If you prefer fi and use it more you're a freakin infp

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually, I've wandered across this division in Socionics before, and was appreciative of the idea. I would classify myself as ENFP-Fi.

ENFP-Ne subtype: noticeably more extroverted, bubbly and sociable. [...]
ENFP-Fi subtype: outwardly more subdued, but internally more fiery, passionate and convicted.

Having read the descriptions, I would think this subtype has more to do with what you extravert. For an ENFP, I tend to extravert more Fi + Te, and tend to keep more of my Ne to myself, even though it is the grand motivator behind almost all of my cognitive efforts. I tend to be rather quiet and serious in the grand scheme of ENFPdom.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
actually, thanks for this thread [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]. it made me think some shit, and i might actually be enfp-fi (if that category even exists!!)....you're still a big bullshitter [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] :tongue10: but i guess that if it makes me reason about stuff, then it's ok :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, thanks for this thread [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]. it made me think some shit, and i might actually be enfp-fi (if that category even exists!!)....you're still a big bullshitter [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] :tongue10: but i guess that if it makes me reason about stuff, then it's ok :)

how is a proposed, hypothetical theory that makes people think/reevaluate bullshit? it would be bullshit if I tried to claim it as fact, but as it stands now, it's nothing more than a brainstormed hypothetical theory that offers a explanation into the differences between people of the same type. it's interesting that scientists (not just you) are often the first to scorn new ideas, as I would have imagined a scientist as someone who enjoys making new discoveries. absence of proof is absence of prove, we have no disagreement there, but absence of proof does not mean proof of absence.
again, this is not just you, but I really get tired of being put in a scapegoat/ridiculed position every time I propose a new idea or start a new trend. why do people who support tradition get so much more respect than people who are innovative and exploratory?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
again, this is not just you, but I really get tired of being put in a scapegoat/ridiculed position every time I propose a new idea or start a new trend. why do people who support tradition get so much more respect than people who are innovative and exploratory?

Because, put simply, most people are hesitant to spend their resources (time, mental energy, etc.) on something that has low or unknown potential to improve their quality of life. On the other hand, something backed by science or tradition has a higher likelihood of good results, and therefore people are more willing to risk their resources on it.

I recently read someone point out (maybe in the xNFP-INTJ thread?) that non-ENFPs are much quicker to eliminate ideas, whereas Ne doms enjoy endlessly exploring and weighting ideas that others may consider but more rapidly sort into the "less useful" category.

It may also have something to do with the frequency with which you suggest new things. Statistics suggest that most new ideas are not great, and sheer volume suggests that most of yours will not be great - no personal offense intended.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I <3 enfps too! [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think there's something here that's not coming across well, let me try:
i have no problem that you try to talk about stuff/present new theories. but (as i've told you before), it's crucial that you make it know that this is your personal opinion and not some established fact.
also, and since you mention scientists, scientists are normally open to new ideas, but there must be a context of where that idea is coming from, what it's being based on, what the reasoning is, the probability that it is true/applicable etc. you still fail, imo, to present the context for your ideas.
advance, but with responsibility/accountability. imo. (otherwise, it is like immature ejaculation, if you can get that picture and apply it to what I'm saying)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think there's something here that's not coming across well, let me try:
i have no problem that you try to talk about stuff/present new theories. but (as i've told you before), it's crucial that you make it know that this is your personal opinion and not some established fact.
also, and since you mention scientists, scientists are normally open to new ideas, but there must be a context of where that idea is coming from, what it's being based on, what the reasoning is, the probability that it is true/applicable etc. you still fail, imo, to present the context for your ideas.
advance, but with responsibility/accountability. imo. (otherwise, it is like immature ejaculation, if you can get that picture and apply it to what I'm saying)

are you saying years of observing people IRL and interacting with confirmed ENFPs don't count for something?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thats not what i said. please re-read what i said. the whole purpose of my post was to clarify that i didn't mean that.
ok I'm out of here, bye.
are you saying years of observing people IRL and interacting with confirmed ENFPs don't count for something?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thats not what i said. please re-read what i said. the whole purpose of my post was to clarify that i didn't mean that.
ok I'm out of here, bye.

I still don't get what you mean then

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i was saying that it's not a problem that you propose new ideas, but i think it would help it:
1) you would insert vocabulary such as "i think", "my idea", etc etc. to make sure that it's clear that it's your idea, not a fact, or your opinion, not a fact, etc etc
2) give context. WHY you thought about it, WHAT could cause it, HOW things come together, the probability that it could work etc
i was telling you that scientists are normally open to new ideas but like to know the practicability of stuff. it's not enough to have ideas, everyone has ideas, it's just as easy as ejaculating by yourself, but it's more difficult to actually use your dick to make someone else come.
I still don't get what you mean then

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]
if I already explicitly said that it was my own theory, isn't saying "I think" 50X a little redundant?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
jesus, guy! maybe you did after, but not in the first post, which led to my reply that made you call me nitpicky, and even if you did i'm not reprimanding you for the past, i'm giving you advice for the future, and even so that's not the only thing i said, i said two things....do you suffer from attention deficit syndrome?
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]
if I already explicitly said that it was my own theory, isn't saying "I think" 50X a little redundant?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
jesus, guy! maybe you did after, but not in the first post, which led to my reply that made you call me nitpicky, and even if you did i'm not reprimanding you for the past, i'm giving you advice for the future, and even so that's not the only thing i said, i said two things....do you suffer from attention deficit syndrome?

I did it right at the beginning
I stole this concept from socionics (in which all 16 types are divided into 2 subtypes depending on which of their first two functions they prefer) and applied it to MBTI

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yeah, I've noticed there are different "types" of ENFP. I'm attracted to all of them, however. :)

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm definitely an ENFP-Fi. But I use too much Ne to be INFP.