• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Subtypes: which one are you?

Which ENFP subtype are you?

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I stole this concept from socionics (in which all 16 types are divided into 2 subtypes depending on which of their first two functions they prefer) and applied it to MBTI

keep in mind, as an ENFP, you have both Ne and Fi, so you will relate at least somewhat to both.

ENFP-Ne subtype: noticeably more extroverted, bubbly and sociable. the mind of the ENFP-Ne is quicker than the other subtype (one would be hard pressed to find a quicker mind around) and they will generally prefer to keep their calendars booked, engaging a wide range of activities and social contacts. this subtype is likely to get bored easily and desires a constantly flow of new information to analyze, talk about and experience and can often spread themselves too thin, like butter over too much bread. during such times they can become burnt out, irritable and begin to drop some of the many balls they are juggling (during which time, they tend to need a time out from all their high energy pursuits and take time to reevaluate themselves and their plans before jumping back in). in terms of career, the ENFP-Ne often excels in sales and marketing positions where they can use their quick minds, innovative ideas and personal charm to accomplish much for themselves and become a valuable asset to any company. at their worst, they are scattered, irresponsible and avoidant; at their best, they are quick witted, humorous, entertaining, high accomplishing and full of energy and enthusiasm.

often mistyped as:
- ENTP
- ESFP

commonly typed in others systems as
- 7w6
- 3w2
- 2w3
- ESE/ESFj
- Social Instinct
- Sanguine

Examples:
- Richard Branson
- Martin Short
- Robin Williams
- Ellen Degeneres
- Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
- Tom Sawyer
- Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs

ENFP-Fi subtype: outwardly more subdued, but internally more fiery, passionate and convicted. as the Fi subtype would imply, this subtype tends enjoy longer periods of alone time and prefers are schedule with plenty of downtime and a smaller, more intimate social circle. their thoughts are often more self centered and reflective in nature and they tend to have clear preferences for what they like/dislike. this subtype often enjoys spending long periods of time in their room listening to music (often more dramatic, sensual music). overrall, the ENFP-Fi is usually a very calm and collected individual, though they place a stronger emphasis on their convictions than the Ne subtype and can easily become heated in touchy political discussions. often very similar to their INFP cousins, the difference lies in this subtype's larger energy reserves and more externally responsive nature.
if they feel called to do so, some (but not all) ENFP-Fi can suddenly do a 180, leaving behind their normally subdued persona and turning over a more expansive, charismatic leaf. the energy of this subtype during such a time is concentrated and white hot. their speech can take on a more poetic quality and their solid convictions and heroic demeanor often serve to inspire others to follow them or look to them for guidance. at their worst, this subtype is self absorbed, prone to intense anger/aggression, dogmatic, hypocritical and out of touch with reality. at their best, this subtype is wise, graceful, inspiring, creative and

often mistyped as:
- INFP
- INTJ

often typed in other systems as
- E1
- E4
- 6w5
- Sx/Sp
- EIE/ENFj
- IEI/INFj
- Melancholy

examples:
- John Brown
- Mark Twain
- Oscar Wilde
- Ann Frank
- Che Guevara
- Darth Vader
- Willie Wonka

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP-Ne and very happily so.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enfp ne I think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh hell I don't know

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is weird, i don't like this. whats an enfp-fi? from the description its an infp basically. is this separation scientific? what's the reference? I'm an enfp, my first function is Ne, followed by Fi and then Te. I'm not enfp-fi or enfp-ne. if anything its enfp-ne because that's my first function.

also, anne frank is called anne frank, not ann frank.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is weird, i don't like this. whats an enfp-fi? from the description its an infp basically. is this separation scientific? what's the reference? I'm an enfp, my first function is Ne, followed by Fi and then Te. I'm not enfp-fi or enfp-ne. if anything its enfp-ne because that's my first function.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

tsk tsk tsk, quite the nitpicky one
I made it up (as I said in the OP, I stole the idea from socionics and applied it to MBTI, specifically ENFP in this instance)
even the original MBTI has not been specifically proven at this point in time, so no, it is not scientific

Starry

Right. 'Cause everything we talk about on here is hard-science and backed-up by the appropriate references.

I have never, ever met or interacted via the internet with an ENFP whose functions broke down in that order. I would love to look at your scores!!! Care to take a test? . I am Ne>Fi>Ni>Ti>Fe>Se>Te>Si (or something like that - they are posted in that thread).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I considered making a description for this combination, but I decided not to. if you'd like to though, be my guest

Starry

Whoops...I was responding to Angela Franco and forgot to answer. I would probably consider myself the ENFP- Ne.

Or not. I see Lady X was having difficult deciding between those two and I can understand that. I may sorta flip back and forth between the two.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I considered making a description for this combination, but I decided not to. if you'd like to though, be my guest

Oh, I wasn't being serious just Ne-ing an answer. :biggrin: Actually, when my Te was at apex, it was a sign of things being very wrong. It wasn't cool.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't believe in Jung cognitive functions theory so find some other way to create ENFP subtypes, like the Jar Jar Clown subtype, or the Willy Wonka Magician type.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am so glad that there was a poll option which allowed all of us non-ENFPs to participate should we choose to do so. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am so glad that there was a poll option which allowed all of us non-ENFPs to participate should we choose to do so. :)

it was more a polite way of asking non-ENFPs not to vote for one of the two subtypes, as they are not ENFPs at all and that would skew the data.
glad you liked the poll though :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't believe in Jung cognitive functions theory so find some other way to create ENFP subtypes, like the Jar Jar Clown subtype, or the Willy Wonka Magician type.

This is good actually because there totally is like a rock star version, the Zany comedian or like the philosophical sage type or flamboyant hippy etc etc

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh really? well, we can spend the day talking about how the sun spins around the earth, but at the end of the day it doesn't, it's useless and we haven't learned anything in the process. and worst, we might even fool some people into believing that the sun spins around the earth.

all the people so far have said enfp-ne. if it continues, it will mean that all enfp's are enfp's-ne. in fact, Ne is our dominant function, so that's the way its going to be. If your Fi is over the moon, then I'm guessing you are an INFP, not an ENFP (oh, i took the test actually, you find it in my profile. my point was not to be so categorical with the order of the functions, but to express an idea, which is the one i just expressed now).

so if we're going to discuss a new theory, then at least i expect to see some logic or context behind the formulation of that theory (and i wasn't the one who talked about hard-science, you did. if i'm not mistaken, even in psychology there is the concept of a reference). or, if you want to talk about something absurd, at least make it clear that it's something absurd that you came up with and not a scientific evidence, so that i can bypass it and not think i'm learning something (wrong) in the process.

Right. 'Cause everything we talk about on here is hard-science and backed-up by the appropriate references.

I have never, ever met or interacted via the internet with an ENFP whose functions broke down in that order. I would love to look at your scores!!! Care to take a test? . I am Ne>Fi>Ni>Ti>Fe>Se>Te>Si (or something like that - they are posted in that thread).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh really? well, we can spend the day talking about how the sun spins around the earth, but at the end of the day it doesn't, it's useless and we haven't learned anything in the process. and worst, we might even fool some people into believing that the sun spins around the earth.

all the people so far have said enfp-ne. if it continues, it will mean that all enfp's are enfp's-ne. in fact, Ne is our dominant function, so that's the way its going to be. If your Fi is over the moon, then I'm guessing you are an INFP, not an ENFP (oh, i took the test actually, you find it in my profile. my point was not to be so categorical with the order of the functions, but to express an idea, which is the one i just expressed now).

so if we're going to discuss a new theory, then at least i expect to see some logic or context behind the formulation of that theory (and i wasn't the one who talked about hard-science, you did. if i'm not mistaken, even in psychology there is the concept of a reference). or, if you want to talk about something absurd, at least make it clear that it's something absurd that you came up with and not a scientific evidence, so that i can bypass it and not think i'm learning something (wrong) in the process.

I've repeated myself twice that I came up with it myself. for an ENFP, you sure don't have a lot of patience for people proposing new theories and ideas.
actually, I started the same thread on personalitycafe and most of the people who have answered there are ENFP-Fi (in fact, I don't think that you are the Ne subtype. far too serious and emotionally intense)
http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-forum-inspirers/100602-enfp-subtypes.html
Edit: 9 people from the personality cafe thread (10 if you include yours truly) identify more with ENFP-Fi

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
far too serious and emotionally intense is a compliment. thanks :)
(but you are wrong. you know, i'd love to actually meet you in real life, so you'd see)
I've repeated myself twice that I came up with it myself. for an ENFP, you sure don't have a lot of patience for people proposing new theories and ideas.
actually, I started the same thread on personalitycafe and most of the people who have answered there are ENFP-Fi (in fact, I don't think that you are the Ne subtype. far too serious and emotionally intense)
http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-forum-inspirers/100602-enfp-subtypes.html
Edit: 9 people from the personality cafe thread (10 if you include yours truly) identify more with ENFP-Fi