• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do people describe you?

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear any and all types: How have people described you?

I’m curious. How accurate are the descriptions? What do you think it says about you? Is it a common opinion people have, do you think? How else do you think you come across to people? Answer what you will.

Just some thoughts that were wandering my head as I showered… how much of a disconnect is there between how people see you, how you see yourself, how you objectively (whatever that is) are?

These words have all been used to describe me (I’ve not included stuff from SO because I’m interested in more of an outside view):

Introverted, extroverted, talkative, shy, snob, elegant, funny, innocent, intelligent, bookworm, weird, deep, passionate, crazy, mean, evil, manipulative, compassionate, uncaring, thoughtful, messy, sarcastic, playful, serious, irreverent, green eyed slime monster (but that was when I was a little kid and some girls delighted in harassing me)…

A lot of opposites. And what aren’t people saying?:dry:
I certainly don’t think I’m evil or a snob. But I can see how I could come across as the later. I have my sister to thank for the ‘evil’ tag :cry:. I’ve been called bookworm on a number of occasions, and oddly the bestower has always meant it to be an insult.

Oh yea and a waiter recently told me, as I was sitting alone looking at the menu, that I reminded him of this upper class lady from a tv show he had seen who thought her environment and the people in it were beneath her. He said it in this friendly conversational tone. And repeated it three times. He told me it was great and I really had to see it. Really.

(I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so yea :mellow:)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Smart, funny, attractive, talented, clever, creative, stylish, charming, dashing, handsome, big penised

ALL CORRECT

F

figsfiggyfigs

Oddly, it is a mixed between " you look super friendly", to " You look like a cold bitch". Probably depends on where they see me first.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Chatty, enthusiastic, funny. People say I'm smart too, but not as often as the other 3.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The variation of this would send me into an identity crisis if I took it all seriously.
The views differ by how open or like minded the person has been.. people who take me off face value have very disheartening perceptions of me.
I'd assume that would be the case with most people though.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
People usually think I'm nicer than I actually am. People also tend to think I like them more than I do -- which puts me in a weird position and makes me feel bad about how heartless I am in not liking them that much...

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
my close friends would say i'm fairly laid back and easy going... as long as it goes my way.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do people describe you?
Quiet>easygoing>intelligent>weird>polite>trustworthy.

I’m curious. How accurate are the descriptions?
Good, but weird and easygoing should be swapped, and I don't like the word intelligent to describe me - I prefer smart.
I play ISFJ quite well. :ninja:

Burger King

A lot of opposites. And what aren’t people saying?:dry:
I certainly don’t think I’m evil or a snob.
But I can see how I could come across as the later. I have my sister to thank for the ‘evil’ tag :cry:. I’ve been called bookworm on a number of occasions, and oddly the bestower has always meant it to be an insult.

Are you sure? I find that our perspective of self can sometimes be pretty warped. What people see as being refined/good tastes and reserved, others see as being elitist/hipster and antisocial.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Shy, quiet, unsocial, formal, slightly awkward, bookish and smart. Pretty accurate overall, less so for the last two.

Within

Permabanned
Integrity, self-confidence & agency are common adjectives used when others describe me

V

violaine

I don't really know. I don't ask and most people don't volunteer. I heard "serene" recently, though the person describing me in that way is pretty neurotic, IMO. (And it was her answer for why a very particular, SP-first INTJ - whom she finds perplexing - was attracted to me rather than the women she had earmarked for him). So :shrug:

I do know that's the way I look when I'm with people I don't know well, regardless of what is going on inside. And I can't stand when people get hysterical in a certain way that I find hard to describe. Along the lines of not trying to deal with something themselves but making others responsible. (Not my most winning trait, but I do try to hide my annoyance). I keep a mask most of the time and just want to deal without messy panic setting in.

I've heard "secretive" too. Kinda sucked cos I was trying to be open. I concluded that that person just wanted to own my soul though. She is very bossy and controlling. Helped me to embrace my private nature more.

V

violaine

Oh, and I used to hear "snob" a lot growing up. Or rather, "Ooh, I thought you were a snob until I got to know you". Hearing that as much as I did turned me into someone who over-explains, which persisted for a long time. I'm looking forward to ditching that habit entirely.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm always thrown off when people describe me because i've heard a lot of contradicting opinions depending on the person. sometimes even from the same person. my boyfriend called me moody and "business-like" in the same day, i didn't know what to think.

G

garbage

I'm nice with two glaring exceptions: when someone insults me, and when someone undeservingly hogs the spotlight. In the rare case that I make enemies, it's usually because of one of those. Enemies are enemies; they'll describe me in whatever way they feel like, usually in a way that reinforces the barrier between us. Although I try to listen to their point of view, I usually don't put much, if any, stock in it :wink:

--

That said, people tend to describe me as accommodating and understanding, and they tend to trust me with personal goings-on. Since I tend to make conversations about bridging the gap with the other person, some think of me as closed off about my own desires--but, really, I get what I want by forming these bridges.

Those who know me best say that I'm introverted; those who only see me in social settings, especially those that I talk to in small groups or one-on-one, tend to say that I'm sociable and charming. They're both right--when I'm around people, I'm outgoing; but I do like a fair share of peace and quiet and me-time.

People who aren't exactly planned say that I rush them or expect too much commitment, but very planned people regard me as.. not so much. I expect some punctuality, but not down to the second as some do.

I'm continually told by those that know me best that I'm intelligent (but who hasn't been told this?), perceptive and wise (which I find to be the better compliment), hardworking (which I find hard to believe, but that's because my standards are off kilter), hard on myself from time to time, and that I don't accept help. In daily life, I also come across as controlled and self-confident, but.. yeah, I'm not as controlled and self-confident as I come across.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to think the way you describe others really says more about you than it does them but..

Mostly sweet...I think most people would say that I'm sweet.
I hear happy, bubbly, easy going, laid back, creative, cheerful, naive, too trusting, kind hearted, too nice, arrogant, always think I'm right, funny, private, open, loving, affectionate, motherly, nurturing and hippy ish.

That's all that's coming to mind.