• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do people describe you?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Best friend says womanizer, philosopher, changing

Edit:

I'm actually got really angry at this. This is who I was, but you have to prove through your actions that you're not who others say you are.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hehe cause they start expecting me to be emotionally involved, when I'm not. I'm only intellectually interested. But by the time I realize, they have already shared enough that they are going to be hurt and offended it they realize I don't care as such. So I'm put in a position of hurting them, pretending to care, or getting the hell outa there. :wink:

(note, this is drastically simplified... but the battery on my laptop is almost dead so no time for deep thinkin)

Ah I see, well you got the biggest part to start. Just need to be involved haha. I guess this is more common when you're dealing with strangers right? I can see why you'd want to run away.. I do the same thing with people I don't really care about, or aren't particularly fond of. I feel like they just want something from me haha.
:run:

Simple is good!

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I see, well you got the biggest part to start. Just need to be involved haha. I guess this is more common when you're dealing with strangers right? I can see why you'd want to run away.. I do the same thing with people I don't really care about, or aren't particularly fond of. I feel like they just want something from me haha.
:run:

Simple is good!

Ah yes I didn't mean that for people I'm close to :)
Although for my own psychology health I wish that I would when it came to my parents and siblings!

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah yes I didn't mean that for people I'm close to :)
Although for my own psychology health I wish that I would when it came to my parents and siblings!

Abit of estrangement going on?

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Abit of estrangement going on?

Perhaps. Probably. Who knows. Sigh.

It's a dysfunctional family. I live in a different country and it's bad enough. Not all of them are bad, and those that are aren't all bad. What's a daughter/sister to do? :kick me:

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps. Probably. Who knows. Sigh.

It's a dysfunctional family. I live in a different country and it's bad enough. Not all of them are bad, and those that are aren't all bad. What's a daughter/sister to do? :kick me:

Ah, we all have our own weird problems when it comes to such things as this, I can't imagine what it would be like dealing with those kind of dynamics and being in a seperate country. I take it you just don't get along with them.

Although I find it hard to connect with my family, I do love them unconditionally regardless, trying to connect though seems to help a little though.. it does kind of end up back at square one because its hard to be consistent aha.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, we all have our own weird problems when it comes to such things as this, I can't imagine what it would be like dealing with those kind of dynamics and being in a seperate country. I take it you just don't get along with them.

Although I find it hard to connect with my family, I do love them unconditionally regardless, trying to connect though seems to help a little though.. it does kind of end up back at square one because its hard to be consistent aha.

I get on well enough with them. Put forth a lot of effort, because despite it all I do love them.
My mom either has Borderline Personality Disorder or something like it. It has taken a toll on everyone.

I hear ya about square one!

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been described as the nicest person, who has nothing to dislike about her, warm, funny, smart and that I'd do well in any career path. [edit: not sure I agree with the above]

I can be a flake though. I can come off as very smart, especially in my writing, but there is the occasional confusion or misunderstanding, where I wind up with egg on my face and apologizing profusely :D

with people I feel relaxed around, I can be very funny and jokey, usually self-deprecating with the occasional x-rated humor. With people I don't know well, I tend to hang back and stay in the background. I probably come across as very polite. And also neurotic, haha.

The thing is, anytime you get a comment about your behavior or personality, it usually comes from someone you know well, I think?

Last edited:

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So yesterday I outright asked each of my parents what they thought my predominant personality flaw is.
My mom said lack of confidence; my dad said shyness, but that I'm actually very confident. I've been told by other friends that I'm not shy at all.

However the general consensus does seem to be that I'm paranoid. x)

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My husband described me as a gentle soul once. That's the only time I can distinctly remember what how someone actually described me.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAHAHA! Very apt ENFP 7w6 traits. [says the fellow ENFP 7w6]

Don't worry, knowing many ENFP females IRL, we can all be unique snowflakes and still be cut from a similar cloth or serve a similar social function. :wink:

Haha, indeed, very common traces from ENFPs, except for the fact I'm a male ENFP. But these ENFP 7w6 traits are as common to women as is it to men, right?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Haha, indeed, very common traces from ENFPs, except for the fact I'm a male ENFP. But these ENFP 7w6 traits are as common to women as is it to men, right?

Haha! Yes, indeed. I don't think I know any male ENFP 7w6 folks. I do know a 7w8 though or maybe it's 8w7.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been called a lot of contradictory things, which seems to be very common. I think this says a lot about how people are complex creatures who tend to show only parts of themselves to certain people or in reaction to certain situations, and so other people only get a glimpse of the full picture of who someone is.

For some things that are more consistent about what people say about me, I get "quiet" a lot, which annoys me only because I hear it so often that it seems like that's the only thing people think of me sometimes. I also seem to give people the impression that I'm this harmless, good girl a lot. I do feel like I’m a good person, but I’m not as “harmless” or “good” as they think I am. In fact, I once had a professor tell me she thought of me as the touchstone of goodness, which baffled and kind of terrified me.

I’ve been called “an analyzer with a capital A”—ha! Very, very true. Along with that, people also seem to notice quickly that I’m the person who will notice the possible things that could go wrong with what we’re talking about or what we have to do and ask questions about them to try to make sure these things don’t happen. What they don’t realize is that there’s usually many more negative possibilities that I’m worried about that I don’t say out loud.

Some other things that people say about me are that I’m responsible, hard-working, lazy, random (my brother said that), intelligent, off in my own world, courageous, cynical, positive, cheerful, cold, intensely emotional, having no emotions . . . so, yeah, contradictory, lol. I agree that I am all these things some of the time--except for “lazy”; I don't do things half-assed.

The most true thing that was said about me was when my co-worker told me that I seemed like I was a rebel at heart who was either deliberately or unintentionally giving off a vibe of being a compliant good girl. I denied this at the time since in the culture that I was in at the time, being a “rebel” was a vice. But honestly . . . this may be the most accurate thing anyone’s ever said about me.

Moonlight Angel

MBTI Type
INFP
Ive been called many things by many different people, usually i get told I'm a quiet individual that doesn't talk much. That part is true to a certain extent, I feel that
once i get a good take on a person i open up more and display another side of me. People have also told me i am a creative individual and that is spot on. I love to write songs and create
music and have also had interests in photography and fashion ^_^. When people get to know me they see i can be fun to be around :)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been called a lot of contradictory things, which seems to be very common. I think this says a lot about how people are complex creatures who tend to show only parts of themselves to certain people or in reaction to certain situations, and so other people only get a glimpse of the full picture of who someone is.

Yup, it's like that tale about the elephant and the group of blind men. I tend to be serious and quiet at work so some of my colleagues think I'm some anti-social nerd who spend his free time in his mom's basement... Ok, maybe that's partially true :) They get surprised when I dress up with an afro and bell-bottoms for a party because they would be too embarassed to do it.
On the other hand, my regular gym-mates who I do classes with cannot believe that I'm an introvert because I don't seem shy in public...