• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] ENFPs or INFPs- Which are Better for INTJs?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Uh....what???

Doesn't looking at whether INTJs suit ENFPs or INFPs affect whether ENFPs or INFPs are a good match for INTJs????
his balls are twisted like a tether ball around his penis, making him cranky. is my guess

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
*unwraps balls from around penis*

Twas a joke.

So either you two aren't quick enough...

...or it simply wasn't funny.

Or both.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A large proportion of ENFPs I have seen on Typology Central and Youtube seem to be very fascinated with ISTPs (I might be ISTP), though I don't know why, but I have never seen any fascinated with INTJs.

Jokes have no place in an ENFP-INTJ thread, it's all serious business.

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
*unwraps balls from around penis*

Twas a joke.

So either you two aren't quick enough...

...or it simply wasn't funny.

Or both.

Tis all good. Maybe you had to be there....(in your head) ;)

PS: any thoughts on the Qs?? Or did what just happened answer some?? Ha ha ha.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
A large proportion of ENFPs I have seen on Typology Central and Youtube seem to be very fascinated with ISTPs (I might be ISTP), though I don't know why, but I have never seen any fascinated with INTJs.

:rofl1:

Now that was a good joke.

Nicodemus

I choose the INFPs. What the theoretical INTJ chooses is of no interest to me.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Don't worry, maybe you'll have an INTJ come to you with a magical horse and swoop you off your feet, one day. ;)
I'm sure they... do that.

Thank you for the encouragement but I am well cared for by a non-INTJ.
It just seemed like a pairing that would make sense. :)

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for the encouragement but I am well cared for by a non-INTJ.
It just seemed like a pairing that would make sense. :)

Well, I wish you the best of luck with your non-INTJ lover. :)
Here's to luck, if it happens to not work out that you find yourself a nice INTJ so you can experience the magic.
:cheers:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
A large proportion of ENFPs I have seen on Typology Central and Youtube seem to be very fascinated with ISTPs (I might be ISTP)...

My fiancé is an ISTP and I love him sooooooo much. But man o' man, I love me some INTJs. I've dated a couple and they are oh so yummy!

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJs and ENFPs are in Mirage/Illusionary relations, which are psychologically soothing but may get too boring over time: Mirage Relations

INTJs and INFPs are in Benefit/Request relations where INTJ is Benefactor to INFP. These are asymmetric relations where INFP will be prone to putting INTJs on a pedestal: Benefit Relations

(INTJ is INTp/ILI in socionics while INFP is INFj/EII)

Which one is best - you decide ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A large proportion of ENFPs I have seen on Typology Central and Youtube seem to be very fascinated with ISTPs

A lot of mistyped ExFJs maybe? I really suspect a chunk of female "ENFPs" online are ESFJs (tertiary Ne, same "Get Things Going" interaction style, may think that their adherence to certain trendy ideals makes them the "free spirit & progressive" stereotype of the ENFP).

INTJs and INFPs are in Benefit/Request relations where INTJ is Benefactor to INFP. These are asymmetric relations where INFP will be prone to putting INTJs on a pedestal: Benefit Relations

I see some INFPs do this, but I've seen some INTJs do this too with their INFP partner/love interest (in those frequently occurring threads in INFP forums where the INTJ wants to know what's up with an elusive INFP they're trying to nab).

TypeLogic has INFP listed as the INTJ's "advisor", which the site says is "having an area of insight that the other lacks". That seems to flip the socionic roles a bit or even it out at least. While the site doesn't go into great detail about this theory, I personally find its brief descriptions of type relations a lot more accurate to my experiences than socionics.

My experience is always somewhat opposite (to the INTJ/INFP socionics relation); I'm never quite as interested as they are, or at least to the degree that they claim they are/were interested, so that it seems I'm more likely to be put on the pedestal. A lot of it may have to do with non type related stuff though (ie. physical appearance), and I still think those are huge enough factors to outweigh type theories of what type is the ideal romantic match (otherwise we INFPs might have a chance with no one :tongue: ).

For instance, my younger INTJ cousin was semi-obsessed with me when he was a kid (I have some stories about that; both creepy & a bit amusing). However, I was never as interested in him as my ESFP sister, who LOVES kids & would cart him around everywhere to do fun stuff. I'm pretty sure his crush on me was partly a masochistic unrequited fascination, because he was just another annoying little kid to me, & I mostly ignored him. This disinterested attitude no doubt played some role, just as it seems to in those INFP forum threads made by INTJs.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

From the site, this;
The benefactor feels that the beneficiary will be quite lost without him, so he can not leave. Beneficiary cannot leave because it is impossible to leave such an outstanding, superior person. Life in such a family is difficult. It becomes impossible to perform even the most basic household work together. Therefore, in such families all household problems usually get place on one of the partners. Most often they shift to beneficiary.

haha. You should see when my intj tries to cook while I am reading a recipe:

He: What does the recipe say? I should stir the pot....for how long?
Me: It says stir for 5 minutes.
He: What should the heat be on? medium? high? should it boil first? Should I cover the pot?
Me: (reading recipe) "stir for 5 minutes"

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I choose INFP! :D
I don't know any INTJ. D:

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate to write this but, I think...intj-infp is not an easy relationship.
I think there could be easier ones.