• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common (...ahem, BS) Myths about ENFPs

A

Anew Leaf

Pointing out how and why something is flawed is, in fact, contributing — whether you like it or not. I question everything. Unlike yourself, I don't believe something is true simply because someone says so. Swallowing concepts hook, line, and sinker without critical analysis is for the gullible.

Since you still refuse to address the content of my original post, I'll tell you for the third time — the only person you can speak for is yourself. You're not the ENFP spokesman. If you were capable of being reasonable, you would have simply posted: "You're right. I can only speak for myself." And that would have been the end of it.

This thread is one of many where you seem to equate Elfboy with all ENFPs despite the fact that Fi is highly subjective and can vary greatly from one person to the next. But for some bizarre reason, you take it upon yourself to speak for all of them.

Really, you have no serious interest in type theory or psychology.
Slapping a 4-letter type on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is basically all you care to do. Enough of the nonsense, already.

I think we need to print this, laminate it, and staple it to the locker room door.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is Elfboy the forum poster child for ENFP now? I've been away for a while..

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pointing out how and why something is flawed is, in fact, contributing — whether you like it or not. I question everything. Unlike yourself, I don't believe something is true simply because someone says so. Swallowing concepts hook, line, and sinker without critical analysis is for the gullible.

Since you still refuse to address the content of my original post, I'll tell you for the third time — the only person you can speak for is yourself. You're not the ENFP spokesman. If you were capable of being reasonable, you would have simply posted: "You're right. I can only speak for myself." And that would have been the end of it.

This thread is one of many where you seem to equate Elfboy with all ENFPs despite the fact that Fi is highly subjective and can vary greatly from one person to the next. But for some bizarre reason, you take it upon yourself to speak for all of them.

Really, you have no serious interest in type theory or psychology.
Slapping a 4-letter type on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is basically all you care to do. Enough of the nonsense, already.

so in a nutshell, you have issues with me and want me to leave. so do lots of people on this forum, get used to it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we need to print this, laminate it, and staple it to the locker room door.

your passive aggressive denial when questioned directly only to jump at the first sign of opposition does not speak well of you

A

Anew Leaf

your passive aggressive denial when questioned directly only to jump at the first sign of opposition does not speak well of you

What are you even talking about? You haven't questioned me directly. You just make a bunch of pompous statements and pretend they are true. What does that say about you? Great things I am sure.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are you even talking about? You haven't questioned me directly. You just make a bunch of pompous statements and pretend they are true. What does that say about you? Great things I am sure.
okay, looking back at the quote, it wasn't direct (I told you to go away, with a bit of humor) but the point was obvious and you responded with something along the lines of "oh, I'm not doing anything. you're just making a big deal out of something"

your direct quote was this
8) They create mountains out of molehills.
Your thread's purpose seems to be a desire to refute myths about ENFPs. I am here to help.

if you wish to bring up a legitimate issue with me, that's great, but don't play this fading in and out game between making snarky comments and playing the "oh, don't look at me" card. you want to criticize something (either myself or something I've said) but you either refuse to or are scared to engage in actual conflict. making a series of indirect jabs is not an effective way to communicate anything.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Still doesn't get it.

no I get it. the main reason I'm no this forum bothers you and you think that the majority of my posts are stereotypes. it's kind of annoying when 90% of your responses to me have been criticism without giving any explanation or offering alternatives. if you're not trying to communicate with me to get a specific result, I don't see the point. did I over generalize a little? probably, but continuous, non actionable criticism is very annoying to me

A

Anew Leaf

okay, looking back at the quote, it wasn't direct (I told you to go away, with a bit of humor) but the point was obvious and you responded with something along the lines of "oh, I'm not doing anything. you're just making a big deal out of something"

your direct quote was this

if you wish to bring up a legitimate issue with me, that's great, but don't play this fading in and out game between making snarky comments and playing the "oh, don't look at me" card. you want to criticize something (either myself or something I've said) but you either refuse to or are scared to engage in actual conflict. making a series of indirect jabs is not an effective way to communicate anything.

Yeah, I've really created a persona on this Forum showing what a bad ass passive aggressive person I am, haven't I? I really seem to be afraid of conflict huh? I like to project false ideas about myself to make people think I am one thing when I am an other thing right? I talk about myself being really bad ass don't I? I make threads to show people the truth about things (aka, the way I see things only) don't I?

Yeah, you really have me pegged. Wow. It's like a thousand suns just exploded in my living room and I see the truth. :wizfreak:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I've really created a persona on this Forum showing what a bad ass passive aggressive person I am, haven't I? I really seem to be afraid of conflict huh? I like to project false ideas about myself to make people think I am one thing when I am an other thing right? I talk about myself being really bad ass don't I? I make threads to show people the truth about things (aka, the way I see things only) don't I?

Yeah, you really have me pegged. Wow. It's like a thousand suns just exploded in my living room and I see the truth. :wizfreak:

you are being passive aggressive right now. you're trying to imply that I have these problems, not saying them directly and playing the "oh but I don't really want to go there." card. I don't really have much of a problem with any one sentence you've said about me, hell, there's probably a little bit of truth to some of them, but I DO have a problem with the way you are going about communicating that.

A

Anew Leaf

you are being passive aggressive right now. you're trying to imply that I have these problems, not saying them directly and playing the "oh but I don't really want to go there." card. I don't really have much of a problem with any one sentence you've said about me, hell, there's probably a little bit of truth to some of them, but I DO have a problem with the way you are going about communicating that.

No I'm just mocking you. I'm simple like that.

The trend with these threads is that you like telling everyone what they are like, when you really haven't a clue. And when people point this out you get mad and start projecting further.

But if you wish to paint yourself as a victim then go right ahead. Nothing seems to stop you.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

no I get it. the main reason I'm no this forum bothers you and you think that the majority of my posts are stereotypes. it's kind of annoying when 90% of your responses to me have been criticism without giving any explanation or offering alternatives. if you're not trying to communicate with me to get a specific result, I don't see the point. did I over generalize a little? probably, but continuous, non actionable criticism is very annoying to me

I think the word we are looking for, Elfboy, is projection. The traits you deem to be ENFP aren't necessarily ENFP traits, but your thoughts on what ENFP's traits are, or should be. Thus why you cannot speak about anyone else, because really you aren't speaking about anyone else, but you and possibly a few other ENFP's, or personalities like yours. Don't assume that these are THE ENFP traits.

Jaguar

I see you've decided to play the victim card.

crying%20boy.jpg

I think the word we are looking for, Elfboy, is projection. The traits you deem to be ENFP aren't necessarily ENFP traits, but your thoughts on what ENFP's traits are, or should be. Thus why you cannot speak about anyone else, because really you aren't speaking about anyone else, but you and possibly a few other ENFP's, or personalities like yours. Don't assume that these are THE ENFP traits.

RTR scores, and the crowd is on its feet. ;)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Which gets me thinking, how do we ever attach general behavioral charactoristics to any type? How are the type profiles, outside of clearly defined cognitive use even developed? An INTP profile will read very differently than an ESFP profile.. where do these behavioral observations come from? How could there ever be any merit if one can only ever speak for one? It seems that the outside observation of many should say something, yes?

I wholeheartedly agree that Elfboy can not speak for ALL ENFP's.. but then the act of posting a thread to be challenged and expanded on seems to give the intention of consideration.

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]: Ah, so this was a drunken thread.

No wonder you got so defensive about it so quickly.

As always I love the "high road" hipocrisy that you consistently post with. Carry on.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Which gets me thinking, how do we ever attach general behavioral charactoristics to any type? How are the type profiles, outside of clearly defined cognitive use even developed? An INTP profile will read very differently than an ESFP profile.. where do these behavioral observations come from? How could there ever be any merit if one can only ever speak for one? It seems that the outside observation of many should say something, yes?

I wholeheartedly agree that Elfboy can not speak for ALL ENFP's.. but then the act of posting a thread to be challenged and expanded on seems to give the intention of consideration.

A large enough sample size could solve the equation. Take the same, remark on what was different, determine the thought process indicated with the same and call those traits "ENFP". I mean it does all start with one. I think it all comes down to the fact that he wasn't listing from the same, but remarking on what was different, which, wouldn't apply to the ENFP's, but him as an individual.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think there's a confusion here between "stereotype" and "misconception". The former is taking a characteristic present on a few, or even several, members of a group and applying it to the group as a whole; the latter is a fundamentally wrong assumption about all the group members that turns out to be generally untrue.

Did I get it right? :thinking:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lord Elfboy,
I know ENFPs aren't supposed to care about what I think about them but, fwiw, this thread one of the coolest ones in this subforum.

dk.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION]

please close this thread, it's resulted in nothing more than snarky comments and laughable attempts at ad hominem

thanks,
Elfboy

Edit: my point exactly

Down_arrow.svg

A

Anew Leaf

You sure?

share your shameless ego boosts :D

I'll start
- getting an emotional response from people (though more than anything I find it funny. I'm tempted to laugh when I cause someone to experience intense emotion)
- knowing that I have haters. actually, people discouraging me at all is an ego boost. clearly they feel threatened by my awesomeness :cool:
- delivering a verbal pimp slap to a hater
- being an attention whore
- revenge (revenge isn't the answer my ass. that shit feels fantastic!)

essentially, the entirety of my ego comes from how much destruction and disturbance I create around me. noble huh? LOL