• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Show ENFJ some love

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes! lol Even though she can't stay mad for very long (usually). Her idea of "me" time is like, 10 minutes. Me, I go off alone for hours at a time almost every day.

I live alone and love it (didn't think I would) had a roommate for years (INFP) and we could totally room again I'm sure but both of us love our alone time her of course much more than I do. When I want to extrovert I call people and say I've got the place..you bring the people :) Alone time is really really essential for me..I'm a teacher and I think I say about 2 gagillion more words a day than most people so when I come home I'm like mute! Once I had 48 unanswered phone messages I just looked at the blinking light and freaked!

D&G!! One of my favorite design houses! John Galliano, Chloe, Dior and Betsey Johnson (she's my #1). :yes:

Oh man Dior...if only a teachers salary covered it...and Betsey Johnson is quirky and fun and comfortable and I buy her designs whenever I can.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh man Dior...if only a teachers salary covered it...and Betsey Johnson is quirky and fun and comfortable and I buy her designs whenever I can.

Have you ever heard of Bluefly? They sell designer and haute couture. Been shopping with them since they started up really. Their deals aren't so outrageous as they used to be, but talk about scoring some $120 Earl jeans for $40. You never know what you can find there. I got my pink and blue satin Diesel baseball jacket there years ago for just $45. :yes:

So I'm not the only ENFJ that MUST have recharge time? Interesting. Must be in our natures. For the record, 48 msgs on my machine would send me into a panic attack.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Have you ever heard of Bluefly? They sell designer and haute couture. Been shopping with them since they started up really. Their deals aren't so outrageous as they used to be, but talk about scoring some $120 Earl jeans for $40. You never know what you can find there. I got my pink and blue satin Diesel baseball jacket there years ago for just $45. :yes:

So I'm not the only ENFJ that MUST have recharge time? Interesting. Must be in our natures. For the record, 48 msgs on my machine would send me into a panic attack.

My cousin very recently told me about Bluefly but since I'm going into summer saving mode I haven't checked out the site yet..thanks for the headsup...

45 bucks...oh yeah bargin baby!..nice...very nice!

Oh man at a party I have to leave the room alot of the times...take a quick walk...sit alone for a bit...I need major recharge time. Yeah the 48 messages was my fault..one day 5 new messages..the next day 15..the next 1,000,000...they just add up and since I'm mute when I come home and I know its hard for me to say no....I really do mean to answer them but picking up a book and escaping is much more appealing.:redface:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
My math teacher last semester was a ENFJ for sure (ok, not for sure -not tested to my knowledge, but she's classic ENFJ). She was a great teacher -very enthusiastic and knowledgable and passionate. For me, someone who is the complete opposite in every way with math, it was a bit intimidating at times, but I really like her, she was understanding and helpful. She's on leave right now for her newborn child, but I hope she's back next year.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
My math teacher last semester was a ENFJ for sure (ok, not for sure -not tested to my knowledge, but she's classic ENFJ). She was a great teacher -very enthusiastic and knowledgable and passionate. For me, someone who is the complete opposite in every way with math, it was a bit intimidating at times, but I really like her, she was understanding and helpful. She's on leave right now for her newborn child, but I hope she's back next year.

So funny I didn't really "get" math until I hit college and I had a CRAZY, but totally loveable female NT (I think ENTP) professor. She made me understand math like I never had...I can't imagine a ENFJ math teacher but I can believe one thing she would be passionate about it...which I can imagine would be ummm interesting and a bit intimidating but it's nice to know you hope she comes back.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Passions flare, weep in sadness, wallow in despair, passions change, anger reigns, now all lie in fear.
- Unattributed

The story of an ENFJ in my life. I am the one who lies in fear.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Passions flare, weep in sadness, wallow in despair, passions change, anger reigns, now all lie in fear.
- Unattributed

The story of an ENFJ in my life. I am the one who lies in fear.

Good. Then our work here is done. :devil:

ENFJs, back to the mother ship! :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good bye forever. We'll miss you. :yes:

No no, we're not LEAVING. We're just going to use clean restrooms. We'll start some MORE weirdness and then come right back.

*cult leader voice* I'm so sorry. :D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm quite positive he thanks you for that...if you get that thanks in an appropriate card or a straightforward thank you email...I'd think he was an ESFJ...if you get a smile like...hey you rock thanks (without the words) he's prob an ENFJ.

Yeah his appreciation is usually shown verbally or by expression, typically in a verbal variation of "you rock." Another quirky moment- first time I saw him at his desk when he was hired I was awed at the cool clock he keeps there, one of those mechanical LED clocks where the arm swings back and forth fast and somehow displays the time that way... I comment on it every time and he says "well if I ever leave the company, it's yours!"

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I like the type a great deal.

There are often times that I think I could be a shy ENFJ. After all, I was a very talkative child growing up. I was also very prone to manipulation and exaggeration. Not to mention there are times when I am consumed by passion and begin to feed off the energy of my words and the energy of the words of whomever I am speaking to which leads to a relentless drive to get my opponent to accept my point of view, to the point of sometimes becoming manipulative to do so. :D

However, I have a fear of speaking in public that came from being embarrassed over and over again because I said things that weren't well thought out. Whereas ENFJs are the epitomes of wit and rhetoric.

Indil

MBTI Type
INTP
Why has this thread died down?

And why can't there be more ENFJs in the world? Seriously, I'm miffed at all the negative stuff I read about ENFJs... frankly, it sounds like a lot of mis-typing.

I'm a pretty hardcore INTP female (was slightly INFP as a child, but then real life woke e up), and I unexpectedly met a male ENFJ at work and I haven't been the same since. Seriously, he's my hero. No one has ever focused me, calmed me, encouraged me more.

And when I read that ENFJs are not only rare, but male ENFJs are even rarer still... well, it explains why I've been single for so long... I've been waiting to meet that male ENFJ and they come around once in a blue moon?

And it sucks that he's out of the country 6 months of the year. And it sucks that he has a girlfriend. Sucks harder that I fell head over heels for him, and he acknowledged that he kinda sorta fell for me, too. And it really, really sucks that he's so incredibly honorable and loyal that he really wants to make that relationship work, and it really, really, really sucks that I like him all the more for being that loyal and honorable. :doh:

Sense a pattern here?

Anyway. Just trying to resurrect this thread. And trying to get more ENFJ males to hit on INTP females.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome, Indil. Glad to see your first post in the ENFJ domain! :D Hop on over to the Intro section and let everyone say hello to you!

I'm so sorry that that ENFJs are so hard to find. To be honest, I've never met another ENFJ except my male friend, and I was tolerably sure that he was the only ENFJ male in the Western Hemisphere. You're not the only one in a frustrating spot, my dear. Welcome to the club! :( Seems like the lesser occurring types are always married or engaged, anyway, doesn't it? The two INTP guys I was involved with sort of came outta nowhere. Same with the ENTPs. Kind of luck of the draw, unfortunately.

I wish I knew an INTP female in real life. That's something I've never experienced. INTJs, yes. INTPs, no.

Indil

MBTI Type
INTP
I wish I knew an INTP female in real life. That's something I've never experienced. INTJs, yes. INTPs, no.

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, in this case... I'm a rare personality to begin with, but the female variety of said type is even rarer. And the same goes for my ENFJ friend who is the rare male type.

But back on the ENFJ-love front... my friend is incredibly well liked. But it was interesting in our work situation that there was one guy who absolutely couldn't stand him. I'm sure some jealousy was involved (they both are in the same business, and my friend is about 50 times more successful), but part of me wonders if it's just a personality clash. I want to say that guy is either an ESFJ or an ESTJ -- I didn't know him well enough, but I also didn't mesh to well with him (and I usually mesh well with anyone), but he got along great with everyone else and my INFJ assistant.

It was a tense working situation to begin with, but whenever my ENFJ friend entered the room, it almost seemed like everyone took a simultaneous sigh of relief. I told him that whatever he's got, he should bottle it 'cause I wanted a case of it, and he was absolutely clueless as to how and why he had that effect on everyone there (though 10 bucks says that this isn't the first time he's experienced that.)

Seriously, though... how much does a 6 pack of ENFJ enthusiastic-encouragement go for these days?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't too sure about ENFJs, but after getting to know some... they aren't half bad.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, in this case... I'm a rare personality to begin with, but the female variety of said type is even rarer. And the same goes for my ENFJ friend who is the rare male type.

But back on the ENFJ-love front... my friend is incredibly well liked. But it was interesting in our work situation that there was one guy who absolutely couldn't stand him. I'm sure some jealousy was involved (they both are in the same business, and my friend is about 50 times more successful), but part of me wonders if it's just a personality clash. I want to say that guy is either an ESFJ or an ESTJ -- I didn't know him well enough, but I also didn't mesh to well with him (and I usually mesh well with anyone), but he got along great with everyone else and my INFJ assistant.

It was a tense working situation to begin with, but whenever my ENFJ friend entered the room, it almost seemed like everyone took a simultaneous sigh of relief. I told him that whatever he's got, he should bottle it 'cause I wanted a case of it, and he was absolutely clueless as to how and why he had that effect on everyone there (though 10 bucks says that this isn't the first time he's experienced that.)

Seriously, though... how much does a 6 pack of ENFJ enthusiastic-encouragement go for these days?

He sounds like a winner! :D Gimme some rope, you hold the bag and we'll "sack" him for ya!

Frankly, I can't think of many things as frustrating as being separated from someone who just clicks with you. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't "click" with just about ANYBODY. It's like the freakin' planets have to align and that makes me absolutely crazy. The rare bird appears, and oh look, you like him, and oh look, he likes you too, and oh look, he's [gay/engaged/married]!

I pity you. I really do. :huh: That bites.

I wasn't too sure about ENFJs, but after getting to know some... they aren't half bad.

Oi! YOU! Quit talking to the paying guests and get back to work!