• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs and needing to verbalize EVERYTHING

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate this tendency in myself. I need to verbalize EVERYTHING. it's one reason I'm so addicted to various forums. I have something I can contribute to almost everything and when I get an idea for something, I feel like I HAVE to share it with people. sometimes I'll practically go berserk and post like 20+ comments in an hour (we're not talking spamming/trolling, I'm talking 20+ intelligent comments with a point). it's so bad that sometimes I'll be in bed, get an idea for a new thread.
when I was younger, this tendency was even worse, and I would just sit there in class verbalizing (very loudly) whatever popped into my head, whether it was related or not, and people would initially try to correct me, but I was too dense/focused on what I was saying to notice and eventually they just gave up thinking "WTF is up with this guy?" it took me years to get over this tendency, to the point where I would literally think about what I said for 2 minutes before I said it and still could not figure out if it was a stupid thing to say or not XD

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it might be an Ne thing to have a strong need to verbalize our ideas. I'm an introvert but Ne is auxiliary and I have this tendency too. Maybe not as strongly but its there. I communicate better in writing than in person and sometimes I'm too shy to approach others with ideas so the internet forums are where I go. I love posting my ideas in forums. It's a way of getting what I want to say across to many people at once. I figure at least someone will be interested in what I have to say.

I often get ideas for forum threads while driving, at work, exercising etc. I've had times where I literally couldn't wait to get home to post something.

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
nice, Elfboy. thanks for sharing :).
i have this too, like esp with the thinking of new forum threads, but then Fi runs and puts a restraining order on it lol.
unless im actually an INFJ (Identity Crisis), in which case, disregard.
but my sister, who's a true ENFP (i THINK), seriously says everything that comes to her mind, tact be damned. and she talks A LOT, all her ideas, vented to the world :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm doing this too, gladly the need decreases when getting older.
I too think it's Ne, seeing all the possibilities, one thing reminds us of something else and as extraverts, everything must be said aloud.

S

Society

i don't think its an ENFP thing as much as it is an extrovert Ne thing... i have the same need, in past social environments and in several (mostly gaming related) forums.

my Fe does play its role in shutting me up, at times, but in certain environments of either extreme - whether it is within my own social tribe or with people whose relations i don't particularly value - i expect the freedom to do so, and since it has served me well socially most of the time - while only a few times condemned me (but when it does it does so harshly) - i have learned to force myself into an increasing levels of comfort and risk taking in saying whatever it is that i think. the best social engineering is often not thinking about social engineering.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I agree that it's an ne thing and it's annoying. I find it harder to focus if I don't externalise my information. For example, I find it more difficult than my peers to read technical journals. It really helps when I read it out loud, but I don't want to bother my office-mate for example. It's also just a pain in the ass to say everything you read. It gets tiring.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate to say this, but I'm kind of glad I don't have this tendency to say things out loud, though not expressing myself is my problem, like...during meetings or just daily living.

I think my mom is an ESTP. I noticed early on she would read the signs we'd see on the road.

'Bowling alley'. 'Open 24 hours'. 'Citibank'. haha.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
And I have aslo noticed that ENFPs in general are bad in keeping a secret. (especially when young and if isnt that big of a deal)

Mia.

And I have aslo noticed that ENFPs in general are bad in keeping a secret. (especially when young and if isnt that big of a deal)

Stick with INFPs then. I don't know about other INFPs, but I will take all secrets to my grave.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't do this really...i don't think anyone would say i talk too much. i'm chatty...occasionally and give my lil 2 cents here and there but i'm not really talkative...my isfj sister out talks me.