• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] FPs: yes, we CAN tell the difference between someone being natural vs fake

Jaguar

talking about how "fake" Fe is. Which, in my opinion, is an accusation that comes from a perspective of complete ignorance of what Fe actually means

Several years ago an Fe Dom started a thread seeking consensus on whether or not a sub-forum should exist. Needless to say, heading up a committee is something that might come naturally to her, whereas someone like me wouldn't even consider working on a committee, much less seek a consensus. People are wired differently.

Is her being group-oriented, fake? Is taking all that time to allow members to give their input, fake? That is her way of doing things. That doesn't make her way wrong, fake, or any other nonsense. It just means that's how she operates.

When I see someone using a word such as 'fake' in conjunction with any of the function-attitudes, it's most likely because someone in their life pissed them off, and they now wish to slap the same coat of paint on those who may share the same preference. Sloppy way to operate? You bet. But it goes on around here all the time.

A

Anew Leaf

Several years ago an Fe Dom started a thread seeking consensus on whether or not a sub-forum should exist. Needless to say, heading up a committee is something that might come naturally to her, whereas someone like me wouldn't even consider working on a committee, much less seek a consensus. People are wired differently.

Is her being group-oriented, fake? Is taking all that time to allow members to give their input, fake? That is her way of doing things. That doesn't make her way wrong, fake, or any other nonsense. It just means that's how she operates.

When I see someone using a word such as 'fake' in conjunction with any of the function-attitudes, it's most likely because someone in their life pissed them off, and they now wish to slap the same coat of paint on those who may share the same preference. Sloppy way to operate? You bet. But it goes on around here all the time.

Missing the point seems to be a pastime around here.

:coffee:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't trust my Fi when it comes to other people, I trust my Fi when it comes to myself
I'm the same way. It seems like a safer way to operate -- and it makes more sense to me, intuitively.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm the same way. It seems like a safer way to operate -- and it makes more sense to me, intuitively.

exactly. there's so much behind the surface that we don't see, so how can you make an accurate judgements without a full picture? I'll never understand.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FPs: yes, we CAN tell the difference between someone being natural vs fake
Once I saw the title, Ti was like :rly???:, Ne was like :popc1:, Si was like :violin:, Fe was like :eeep:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I don't claim to have superpowers. But, I do notice very fast when people are behaving out of the norm. Although my Achilles heel is figuring out why. So usually, I'd dare not accuse somebody of being 'fake' (whatever that means), although I might be thinking it along with 2 other alternate explanations. I never connected any of this to Fi, but what do I know?

A

Anew Leaf

Look deep, deep, deep into my soul!

Using my "Fi" I "Fi"nd that you do not in fact HAVE a soul for you are a Fe user and ergo will suck me dry with your fakeness. You are silica to my moisture beaded heart. You are coffee to my dewy doughnut. You are drywall to my latex paints.

G

Ginkgo

Just because someone is emotional, or even emotional for others and by others, doesn't mean they aren't authentically emotional. It doesn't mean that a greater dependency on an outward context of values isn't still dependent on authentic values. If anything, it may mean their values are more flexible, but as long as it's their choice to be receptive to values, they are responsible for that intake. Therefore, even under the frame of MBTI and JCF, Fi and Fe don't necessarily have anything to do with fakeness. At best, one may infer that Fi would demand a more rigid, and one might even say narrow-minded sense of values, and this whole "fakeness" rhetoric is just due to you and other "Fi people" expecting everyone else to maintain value constipation. Out of all the functions, Fi is probably the least receptive to what is considered objective outside of their real emotive responses and what that means to them; maybe ones interpretation of "fake" is just a response to someone else not remaining steadfast to your values

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because someone is emotional, or even emotional for others and by others, doesn't mean they aren't authentically emotional. It doesn't mean that a greater dependency on an outward context of values isn't still dependent on authentic values. If anything, it may mean their values are more flexible, but as long as it's their choice to be receptive to values, they are responsible for that intake. Therefore, even under the frame of MBTI and JCF, Fi and Fe don't necessarily have anything to do with fakeness. At best, one may infer that Fi would demand a more rigid, and one might even say narrow-minded sense of values, and this whole "fakeness" rhetoric is just due to you and other "Fi people" expecting everyone else to maintain value constipation.

I've already stated that this is not an Fe vs Fi thread. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about people putting up a front in order to appear a certain way so that people will accept them, love them or value them. I know Fi users who do this too and plenty of Fe users who don't, but the point is that NFPs can see through it.
PS: I also despise it, I think it's spineless, fake, pathetic and WEAK...but that's for another thread/conversation, not the topic of this thread.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have no interest in bragging about my amazing Fi skills, but I do get what [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is talking about. There is a vague atmosphere of condescension to Fi around here at times. Some of the persisting prejudices (among many) are that we are all naive, socially retarded and too busy studying our own navel to pay attention to others. I consider myself very skilled at reading people and deeply empathic. Sure, I'm not at ease in social interaction or terribly good at relating to people with charm and grace, but that doesn't mean I don't get people; I'm just not good at presenting myself. But some seem to get it into their heads that social ease is directly related to people reading skills. :doh:

G

Ginkgo

PS: I also despise it, I think it's spineless, fake, pathetic and WEAK...but that's for another thread/conversation, not the topic of this thread.

Right right right because as I said all this depends on your values because that's all that matters!

"NFPs can see through it". Wow. You know what else? Human beings can see through the atmosphere, but only when it's not rainy, cloudy, dusty, snowy, or being blotted out by Armageddon! Fat lot of good that does in all cases.

This thread sounds like it's just meant to be a personal jerk-off fest for you.

Jaguar

Using my "Fi" I "Fi"nd that you do not in fact HAVE a soul for you are a Fe user and ergo will suck me dry with your fakeness. You are silica to my moisture beaded heart. You are coffee to my dewy doughnut. You are drywall to my latex paints.

Using my "Fi" I "Fi"nd that you have neither Fi nor Fe. I'm onto your fake, furry fraud. This Sicilian thing must all end!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right right right because as I said all this depends on your values because that's all that matters!
"NFPs can see through it". Wow. You know what else? Human beings can see through the atmosphere, but only when it's not rainy, cloudy, dusty, snowy, or being blotted out by Armageddon! Fat lot of good that does in all cases.
This thread sounds like it's just meant to be a personal jerk-off fest for you.

it's more than just depending on the said Fi user's values, it's a means of detecting internal congruence/incongruence. you seem to have an "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" approach to life, but, frankly, such an approach denies the negative aspects of life and human nature, and the negative aspect of human nature that is the topic of this thread is simple. "People are fake and it is easy to see through". people cannot grow if no one confronts them directly with their problems and forces them to see them for what they really are (for example, this is the whole idea behind the Enneagram. lots of people on typology forums think it is a tool to make them feel "special", but it is entirely the opposite and, if used correctly, is designed to reveal the deepest, darkest fixations and unconscious and irrational thought/behavior patterns of people).

A

Anew Leaf

Using my "Fi" I "Fi"nd that you have neither Fi nor Fe. I'm onto your fake, furry fraud. This Sicilian thing must all end!

We seem to be tied together like Mexican handcuffs. Like Bonnie and Clyde. Like counting and choculaism.

I call shenanigans upon thee, rapscallion fiend! You don't even have a "real" "type" so how would you even know if I have or don't have Fi? Hmm? HMM? I ooze Fi. Everytime I walk Fi pours out of my pores like liquid gold. You wouldn't know Fi if it bit you on your foot.

*bites*