• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] Selling Yourself Short

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not sure how to start the topic, but here goes...

How do people get to this point where they sell themselves short in relationships, family, parenting, job, etc.? I know this can vary on many levels of what a person has been through in life so personal experiences are fine.

Have you ever been in a situation where you thought you can't handle the job? This isn't necessarily limited to the workplace.

Has affirmation and encouragment from another ever worked for a person to believe in themselves to do the task at hand? Are you easily swayed by words of affirmation?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i don't sell myself at all. uhm. i think i might be too demented to understand what this thread is about.

Has affirmation and encouragment from another ever worked ... to do the task

yes, it's been helpfull in the context of task related motivation.
i am totally oblivious to the concept of selfworth though. so in that area affirmations don't do anything for me.

on second thought:

How do people get to this point where they sell themselves short in relationships, family, parenting, job, etc.?

you know, i doubt if you have to get to the point.
maybe you start out at this point.
but then you learn the egoic game of trading, giving and demanding, thus selling and buying - unless you don't.
it allways seemed too insane for me. i can't do it, because i don't want to.

or maybe i just have different aspects of life in mind.