• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Hate Thread

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also, why does closure take so long? please, somebody!! i think i've finally battened down the hatches, then another perspective hits me, and i'm like, 'oh, maybe this will work!' and i'm off to make a mockery of things (mostly myself) yet again........UGGGHHHH!

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate INFJs.

You analyze the shit outta everything in everyone else's lives , but in your own life it takes you weeks to figure out what you feel about things in a true sense.

EVERYTHING has a meaning.

You have two emotions - Bliss and Depair all in different degrees.

You make me love every single one of you >.>

I can't read the rest of you! its damn near impossible to read someone of the same type but I read most of the others fairly well.

Unable to take own really good advice.

Ignores the logical decision too make an emotional driven non-logical one.

Inability to leave well enough alone.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm always having to keep you guys at arms length unless the rare one with aligned values comes by. I hate having to prevent explosions... :(

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate INFJs.

You have two emotions - Bliss and Depair all in different degrees.

exactly! this is how i've been feeling every day lately. i'm really tired of it. can't i just have bliss?

:hug:

I'm always having to keep you guys at arms length unless the rare one with aligned values comes by. I hate having to prevent explosions... :(

i love infps, i really do. i love the way they feel deeply for everything and everyone and their artsy way of being-their muses and rants. but me + infp woman = explosion, sure enough.

you feel like that with infjs?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
exactly! this is how i've been feeling every day lately. i'm really tired of it. can't i just have bliss?

:hug:

i love infps, i really do. i love the way they feel deeply for everything and everyone and their artsy way of being-their muses and rants. but me + infp woman = explosion, sure enough.

you feel like that with infjs?

When values aren't similar enough it seems to be everything from self induced pain on both sides to putting up no smoking signs everywhere.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I hate INFJs because they're always trying to get me to tell them what I think the meaning is behind Stevie Nicks songs.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I don't get this thread ...If INFJS dissing other INFJS, If INFJS are so "distant" then leave them alone..let them be bitches..I knew a woman INFJ it was hard to get close to her, so w/e let them be.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Yo, I have a question regarding on of the reasons why I hate INFJs.

Why does it take you so long to get over a breakup? Each one seems to take well over a year to get over.

I'm dealing with an INFJ who freaks out over the mere mention of her most recent ex's name and it has been 15 months now. What's worse is that this ex is my friend and every time I hang out with him I have to slink around her like a criminal because she freaks out otherwise.

redacted

I just read through the entire thread, and i just wanted to say, that Kiddo is my hero

seriously guys, if you haven't go back and read the debate between kiddo and evan, it's awesome

also, it seems that evan has figured he isn't an INFJ after all, which just makes it alot more fascinating to read

:D

Yup. Oops.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Why does it take you so long to get over a breakup? Each one seems to take well over a year to get over.

I'm dealing with an INFJ who freaks out over the mere mention of her most recent ex's name and it has been 15 months now. What's worse is that this ex is my friend and every time I hang out with him I have to slink around her like a criminal because she freaks out otherwise.

Loss. We don't greive properly.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hmm, this isn't true for myself...I cannot continue to be upset with a former boyfriend because I loved him in the past and will continue to care about him in the future. She sounds like she never dealt with the loss of that relationship and is now subjecting you to her unresolved emotions. Must be hard on you having to walk a tightrope between the two.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't get this thread ...If INFJS dissing other INFJS, If INFJS are so "distant" then leave them alone..let them be bitches..I knew a woman INFJ it was hard to get close to her, so w/e let them be.

I don't see it so much as INFJs dissing other INFJs, rather it is an opportunity to examine my own faults, own up to them, and do the hard work to make changes. I recognize I am incredibly idealistic...I have to find balance with some pragmatic suggestions.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

as samvega pointed out in one of his threads (he likes infjs, or used to:) ) it takes us one year per month of relationship to get over it. i dunno about others, but i personally churn up everything in my head and wonder if i had done x, y, or z differently, would things have been better or worked. it's a part of seeing all possibilities in situations. that doesn't stop (for me) when a relationship stops; it's just another situation to ponder.

Yup. Oops.

omg! you aren't infj after all? haha. i am naturally curious if you and your infj gf are still having probs?

EDIT: hahahaha. how ridiculous i sound!! it's as if now that you discovered you're intp, you automatically, in my mind, get along fabulously with your infj gf.

oh, but infj + istp = :wubbie: dontchaknow

Last edited:

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So, INFJs, feel free to disagree or anything.

One thing that I slightly don't like about INFJs/ being one, is that we tend to live in the future. What I mean is, we all have this constructed future for ourselves and we keep adding and adding to it and we totally forget the present. It comes to a point when we're living the present for this future we created.

And even when we do get to that future, it's like we don't even notice that we're there already and are on our way to creating the next future.

So, we always are ahead of ourselves, maybe sometimes, not in a good way. I think this "future creating" is what's causing the perfectionism, or vice versa.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
i love infps, i really do. i love the way they feel deeply for everything and everyone and their artsy way of being-their muses and rants.

:wubbie:

I hate that I can never seem to be there for INFJs the way they can for me. I can't shut off my brain and just listen to them like they do for me oh so effortlessly (or so it seems, anyways), soaking up everything I say like a sponge.

I hate that they don't seem to ever need me quite as much as I do them, and I hate that I feel like a lost puppy every time I can't get into contact with them. I find myself wondering if I did something wrong. Did I upset you, or do you just need time away from the world?

I hate how they know exactly what to say to calm me down and make me feel better, and yet I can never do them the same favor. I try, but I feel I completely fail in comparison.

It seems like it is exhausting to be you. :hug: For once, I'd like to make you feel better too, y'know? I wish I knew how to make that so.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, INFJs, feel free to disagree or anything.

One thing that I slightly don't like about INFJs/ being one, is that we tend to live in the future. What I mean is, we all have this constructed future for ourselves and we keep adding and adding to it and we totally forget the present. It comes to a point when we're living the present for this future we created.

And even when we do get to that future, it's like we don't even notice that we're there already and are on our way to creating the next future.

So, we always are ahead of ourselves, maybe sometimes, not in a good way. I think this "future creating" is what's causing the perfectionism, or vice versa.

i tried really hard, but never really got there, to 'live in the moment' like so many self-help books proclaim is best, and buddhism, etc. so it was a relief on many levels to find that as infj, our natural way of being is not to necessarily live in the moment, but to live in the future. of course, everything in moderation.

but i know what you mean. i have been living in the future a lot lately, i think because my life isn't really going how i thought it was going to go at this stage of things. so i find myself in my head more and dreaming/contemplating about how to get there, or being depressed because i can't get there, instead of enjoying everything i have.

before, (in my 20s and early 30s) when i was achieving my set goals, and life was falling into place as i was expecting it to, i was actually very, very content and found that i didn't really live in the future very much. i was always busy with something, and progressing, but i remember being able to feel content and very happy with where i was at in the moment.

i still have snippets of that, but the contented moments are farther between now. it seems like i've gone about this whole thing backwards. i thought you are supposed to get MORE content as life goes along, not less. not that i'm not grateful for everything i have, i AM. it's just that i have to work harder at feeling grateful.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I hate that I can never seem to be there for INFJs the way they can for me. I can't shut off my brain and just listen to them like they do for me oh so effortlessly (or so it seems, anyways), soaking up everything I say like a sponge.

I hate that they don't seem to ever need me quite as much as I do them, and I hate that I feel like a lost puppy every time I can't get into contact with them. I find myself wondering if I did something wrong. Did I upset you, or do you just need time away from the world?

I hate how they know exactly what to say to calm me down and make me feel better, and yet I can never do them the same favor. I try, but I feel I completely fail in comparison.

It seems like it is exhausting to be you. :hug: For once, I'd like to make you feel better too, y'know? I wish I knew how to make that so.

really? i think it must be exhausting to be you. my infp friend (and my son as well) have the most active minds i know. they never stop dillydallying around with sounds, ideas, thoughts, notions, make-believe, fantasies, and work.

but you're right. i don't really turn to my infp friend when i need solace. i don't know why. she's very interested in helping me. i just don't need her. i have called her to vent before, and she listened to me admirably and said all the right things. so i guess, the best thing an infp can do for me is to lend me a good and empathetic ear. :blush:

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Flip side: I have 4 close INFP friends, and I always feel scared that they'd pull away from me when they think I don't need them. Truth is, I do.

It's a problem, verbalizing need. I think. I do like communicating. I just feel guilty when I share whatever's wrong with me; I end up thinking that I'm such a downer/ Why am I monopolizing this conversation with my problems.

But, I do need INFPs.

Wellspring

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Whatusername, there is another side to the 'living in the future' thing: the past is usually getting discarded way too easily. People who know how deep my emotions run, can't believe that I am so NOT nostalgic. That doesn't mean the past wasn't lovely, but, well, it's PAST. We hardly live in the present so asking us to live in memories and used-t-be's is really too much. Even in the area of getting over relationships – I think that where we have the problem is in this tendency to overanalyze. But personally I hardly ever miss people who have walked out of my life (or, umm, have been made to walk out…) never mind how close we used to be. It was great when you were there. Now you are not.

For most INFJ's, I think our memory of the past is not even that good. Family and childhood friends can usually recall so many details I can't for the life of me remember. Of course we remember the important things – meaningful conversations, groundbreaking discoveries, and which character said what in the first book we ever read. But trivialities tend to vanish into oblivion.

Here and there you can come across an INFJ sighing over something lost – but that has got to be REALLY big. When INFJ's miss something it's an open wound they can't forget and it has got be in the love-of-their-life scale. Other that than, I just can't recall myself, or any other INFJ, sighing over the good old days. The future is SO much more interesting…