• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Hate Thread

redacted

Actually that is kindof how it is. The Ni's vison comes from insights, not data. We may not even remember where the original insights came from.

are you trying to make the argument that Ni is actually magical?

are you saying that "insights" are somehow inexplicable?

EVERY insight comes from data. i have no idea how you could defend the stance that it doesn't...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
are you trying to make the argument that Ni is actually magical?

are you saying that "insights" are somehow inexplicable?

EVERY insight comes from data. i have no idea how you could defend the stance that it doesn't...

Oh yeah, insight comes from data. We just have all these preexisting insights in our minds, many of which we don't even remember the original data by which we went about obtaining them. And then we come to new situations where we apply them. It feels like a magical experience when those insights fall perfectly into place in a given situation.

redacted

Oh yeah, insight comes from data. We just have all these preexisting insights in our minds, many of which we don't even remember the original data by which we went about obtaining them. And then we come to new situations where we apply them. It feels like a magical experience when those insights fall perfectly into place in a given situation.

i don't see how that's any different from what i've been saying for the last few pages.

INFJs see the present in terms of past insights.

are we in agreement now?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I hate INFJs because a lot of them inexplicably hate INTJs.

Although, this could possibly be explained by the 7th function of INFJs (Te), which is a big part of what INTJs show to the world. So, you know, the feeling's mutual (7th function of INTJs is Fe).

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
i don't see how that's any different from what i've been saying for the last few pages.

INFJs see the present in terms of past insights.

are we in agreement now?

Yes, I can agree with that. INFJs utilize past insights to understand present patterns and predict how they will play out. We then collect data that supports that vision.

redacted

Although, this could possibly be explained by the 7th function of INFJs (Te), which is a big part of what INTJs show to the world. So, you know, the feeling's mutual (7th function of INTJs is Fe).

(i love most INTJs)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

I've completely forgotten why I ever did hate INTJs. :D

heart

heart on fire

As INFP, the only thing I cannot stand about INTJ are the Ayn Rand worshipers. Other than that...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
(i love most INTJs)

I said 'most.' Obviously, there are going to be exceptions to the rule.

The main issue I see is how INTJs immediately shy away from genuine consideration for their feelings from others and treat it with suspicion, while INFJs immediately shy away from cold, hard systems like bureaucracy and treat that with suspicion. Because of the superficial differences between INTJs and INFJs, they can immediately begin to hate each other without much good reason, and only on personal biases when really they have the theoretical potential to get along quite well.

And you know, I think both dom Ni types hate throwing away potential like that...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
As INFP, the only thing I cannot stand about INTJ are the Ayn Rand worshipers. Other than that...

Oh! That was it! Gawd damn Ayn Rand worshiping INTJs! :steam:

heart

heart on fire
Oh! That was it! Gawd damn Ayn Rand worshiping INTJs! :steam:

It is hard for me to forget, she is like the anthema to everything in my being. She takes a thread of truth and distorts it out.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
It is hard for me to forget, she is like the anthema to everything in my being. She takes a thread of truth and distorts it out.

Oh, she is the master of retortion, the ultimate NTJ tactic, which in accordance with OmNi shifts is the most self deceiving fallacy imaginable. She created an ideology that has psychologically corrupted generations of NTJs. I can't help but think of Ayn Rand worshipers as people who have been brainwashed into a cult.

redacted

if you guys don't mind explaining, who's ayn rand and what are her beliefs?

Atomic Fiend

I'm also curious, I've heard you speaking of her before but am too lazy to click on the google link in my toolbar.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
if you guys don't mind explaining, who's ayn rand and what are her beliefs?

That is a bit tough since there is so much. The basic idea is she created an ideology which she dubbed objectivism which argues that the highest pursuit in life for every human being is self-preservation and self-promotion and rejects altruism as irrational and illogical. It bases this assertion on the idea that reality is completely knowable by individual human beings, and the concept of individual freedom exists as a standard outside of human conception and is therefore absolute. Any violation of individual freedom is therefore unethical. The argument then is taxes and government regulation on markets are unethcial because the government utilizes the threat of imprisonment or fines for anyone who does not pay their taxes or follow government imposed regulations. Government is therefore the ultimate evil because it limits individual freedom by "coercion" and capitalism is the greatest good because it sets each man as equal since people earn and survive based on their abilities and effort.

Why is she wrong? Because people will always "coerce" others, whether it is through the controlled processes of the government or by hiring armed men to control others by force (as warlords do in anarchistic nations where capitalism is allowed to reign free without any government intervention). Government is therefore a necessary evil since it is limited in what individual freedoms it can take away. Hence why we have the concept of social contracts in which people give up some of their individual freedom in exchange for the protection by the government.

redacted

oh. that's pretty stupid.

although i agree with "the highest pursuit in life for every human being is self-preservation and self-promotion". but altruism for most is beneficial to the self because it makes you feel good, etc. (i'm sure you've heard that reasoning a million times)

all the anti-government shit is retarded, though.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
oh. that's pretty stupid.

although i agree with "the highest pursuit in life for every human being is self-preservation and self-promotion". but altruism for most is beneficial to the self because it makes you feel good, etc. (i'm sure you've heard that reasoning a million times)

all the anti-government shit is retarded, though.

Well I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea that "the highest pursuit in life for every human being is self-preservation and self-promotion" because that almost inevitably leads people to become self centered and they seek to maximize their pleasures, often at the expense of others, and become psychologically stagnated because they have difficulty in looking beyond their own needs or experiencing satisfaction in taking care of the needs of others. Some psychologists even believe it causes mental illness because the believers of enlightened self interest usually suffer difficulties in relationships and as parents. It is a socially isolating axiom that denies the interdependent nature of humans. We are social animals, and part of that is learning to appreciate and care for the needs of others.

But I'll admit that I'm a supporter of the archetype INFJ's highest pursuit. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I can see "self-preservation and self-promotion" as being the original pursuit of life but it can't be final. Using it as the final pursuit of life is very immature. It looks like an extremely easy trap to fall into, though, hence Ayn Rand's popularity, I guess.

redacted

well people just have to realize that they're more likely to be happy when they are nice to others. if you cut people off by being mean, you suffer. sacrificing yourself for others in a healthy way is a long term investment that most likely benefits you.

it's still self-promotion, though.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I can see "self-preservation and self-promotion" as being the original pursuit of life but it can't be final. Using it as the final pursuit of life is very immature. It looks like an extremely easy trap to fall into, though, hence Ayn Rand's popularity, I guess.

Ayn Rand is most popular amount young white males, ages 16-25. That is the time in life where most people have established their identity and have entered the intimacy vs. isolation crisis described by Erickson. It's a period in people's lives where they begin to form relationships and they have to learn that their identities will not disappear by becoming interdependent on others. Failure to do so results in isolation. Those who get past it can then begin to work toward generativity or the interest in establishing and guiding the next generation.

I would say Ayn Rand to the end of her life had the emtional intelligence of a 20 year old.