• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Hate Thread

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Noting this thread is dominated by INFJ's expressing self-hatred...

:thinking:

B

ByMySword

That's because we focus all our hate on other people. Don't you know this? :doh:

Just for the record, I hate people. :yes:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

:rofl1:

It's about that time of the month year?

But nah, as for myself, I've worked through most of what I'd written and what others have said as well. It's fun fun slushing through memory lanes. Although, I am in a bit of a rut. Need to Se-e more... :party2:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I must admit that some of you scare the bejesus out of me. :)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Ghandi was likely an INFP too-- He didn't get in people's business to start shit. If he were an INFJ, he'd likely have made a lot of noise and organised people to do things, thus getting into trouble a lot sooner than he did..

Nah, Gandhi was an INFJ. Anyone who reads his writings can clearly tell right off that he was Ni dominant. It's got that trademark, "making judgments with insufficient information" attitude. He is criticized to this day for suggesting that the Jews should have practiced non violent protest during the Holocaust.

MindBlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
They get extremely moody when some "injustice" has been done unto them. Yet they will sometimes not look twice when an injustice has been done to someone else or they will "feel bad" but not do anything about it. Further, they will get moody but not do anything for themselves to rectify the situation (as in...not address the person/thing that has caused the alleged injustice).

Not quite true (in my case, at least). I will be more likely to take action if an injustice is done to another person, although if an injustice is done to me, I might let it stew for awhile until a certain point is reached, in which case I'll rip the person's guts out. (Quite literally, of course.) And if I see an animal being abused... GRRRR!!!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
^ Yea, I agree with that, for myself as well.

Kiddddddo, I don't think Ghandi, from his actions, seemed to be quite so INFJ. He didn't rally up people, didn't (Fe) organise them to start something, to do something-- He very much had Dom Fi at work, asking others to do the same. To not take action but to reflect within oneself--

If you look at part of his life, he disconnected from people for so long and lived humbly on his own. And bleh, I'm only recalling parts of the movie (bleh, I know I know ><!) and I'm dead tired as I write this. Anyhoo, INFJ Vicky Jo wrote some things about him being an INFP as well. Here's a bit from her INFJor INFP site:

Vicky Jo said:
I think Gandhi is a great example of the INFP pattern. And yes, I know Keirsey claims him as INFJ. But Steve Myers (a type innovator with INFP prefs) suggested Gandhi fits the INFP pattern better, and I agree with him.

For one thing, isn't the notion of "passive resistance" PERFECT for INFP? Think about it. It fits the interaction style, it honors a universal value, it champions nonviolence, promotes harmony, and seems to magnificently showcase everything the INFP pattern seems to stand for.

Once you figure that out, it seems incomprehensible that Keirsey ever claimed him as INFJ.

Gandhi said:
I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.

Oooh, perfect quote of his not being an INFJ! No Ni-ing, oh noes! I'm kinda half joking. But meh. Overall, he doesn't seem INFJ to me.

Think of yourself, even. Could you keep quiet if you felt there was some injustice being done against you and others similar? I imagine you'd be bitching all the way down to high hell :D...and everyone alongside you would be having a ball... :party2:

Oh oh, and that isn't to say that all INFJs will become like so... unless they've gone berserk with a bad case of Fe (you know it happens z.z). <--keeping in line with thread.

But yes, it can happen. ....has happened. Good ol'childhood days. I miss bullies! :devil:

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Kiddddddo, I don't think Ghandi, from his actions, seemed to be quite so INFJ. He didn't rally up people, didn't (Fe) organise them to start something, to do something-- He very much had Dom Fi at work, asking others to do the same. To not take action but to reflect within oneself--

re: Gandhi...

DeleriousDisposition, do you know much about Gandhi's history aside from the comments on the INFJ or INFP site?

Here are a few facts:

"By 1906, he had taken on his first major political battle, confronting the South African government's move to fingerprint all Indians with publicized passive resistance. His efforts failed to provoke legal change, but he gained a wider following and influence.

Returning to India in 1915, Gandhi began a succession of political campaigns for independence in his homeland. He orchestrated widespread boycotts of British goods and services, and promoted peaceful noncooperation and nonviolent strikes. He is widely remembered for his 1930 defiance of the British law forbidding Indians to make their own salt. With 78 followers, he started on a march to the sea. Soon more than 60,000 supporters were arrested and jailed, but Britain was forced to negotiate with the gentle and powerful little man. Gandhi himself was arrested several times by the British, who considered him a troublemaker, and all total, spent about seven years of his life in jail."

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

I'm not saying what type he was or wasn't. However, I did want to point out that the argument being made against him being INFJ does't match his history.

heart

heart on fire
DD, an INFP with Ne would be just as much future orientated as Ni.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
re: Gandhi...

DeleriousDisposition, do you know much about Gandhi's history aside from the comments on the INFJ or INFP site?

Yes, I recall learning years ago. But I'm bloody tired (going to sleep after this post ><) and have forgotten most of it.

I'm not saying what type he was or wasn't. However, I did want to point out that the argument being made against him being INFJ does't match his history.

Not much was made, granted lol. The idea of "passive resistance" doesn't fit the INFJ modus operandi, though.

DD, an INFP with Ne would be just as much future orientated as Ni.

I said I was kinda half joking about it. :D

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I don't think anyone specifically mentioned that despite overly optimistic type descriptions heralding them as deities of truth, INFJs are gullible until the moment they realize they have been screwed by their tendencies to simply believe. :doh:

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
The idea of "passive resistance" doesn't fit the INFJ modus operandi, though.

Really?

By using the term passive resistance are you are refering to Gandhi's philosophy and practice of Satyagraha?

If so, how does choosing not to inflict violence upon one's opponent, but rather exercising patience and sympanthy, realizing what appears to be truth to one may appear to be error to the other, exist outside the realm of what an INFJ's manner of working could be?

Satyagraha:

Its root meaning is holding onto truth, hence truth-force. I have also called it love-force or soul-force. In the application of satyagraha, I discovered in the earliest stages that pursuit of truth did not admit of violence being inflicted on one's opponent but that he must be weaned from error by patience and sympathy. For what appears to be truth to the one may appear to be error to the other. And patience means self-suffering. So the doctrine came to mean vindication of truth, not by infliction of suffering on the opponent, but on oneself.[1]

sunnyraining

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well I seemed to have arrived late but perhaps I can revive this with another thought. Your discussions surrounding Gandhi interested me - perhaps...
What if you guys out there put yourself in his shoes (particularly the INFJs since this thread is dedicated to them, but also the other types) and suggest what you might have done? Would you passively resist? Or something else?

Just fuel for thought. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ghandi was likely an INFP too-- He didn't get in people's business to start shit. If he were an INFJ, he'd likely have made a lot of noise and organised people to do things, thus getting into trouble a lot sooner than he did..

No, that would be an ExxJ.

Ghandi seemed to be an INFJ. He was actually a very self-disciplined taskmaster with very stringent guidelines for himself and his followers. His rigidity seemed to show up in the external world, even if internally he had lots of vision about how the world could be. Just... amazing how controlled he had his life, and down to a script. (No WAY an INFP could have survived more than a few days in that setting, the Ne needs far more flex -- but that was his life.)

Honestly, when I read about him, I was sort of glad I never met him; he was very too rigorous and judgmental about his lifestyle.

Oooh, perfect quote of his not being an INFJ! No Ni-ing, oh noes! I'm kinda half joking. But meh. Overall, he doesn't seem INFJ to me.

That's okay. Even INFJs can be wrong sometimes.

...See? There I go again. Jennifer was right. We do comment seriously on things that are supposed to be just a joke. Oh well, fuck it.

lol ... I'd hug you, but I gotta stay all stern and negative and stuff, you know...?

free tidbit: ISFJs do this too. And they even know it when they do it, or right afterwards... but they can't NOT take it seriously anyway (!).

Just... cute. :)

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know many INFJs, but sometimes I get so irritated with myself.

I...
am easily frustrated when plans go awry.
feel compelled to pursue perfectionism, at the expense of enjoying the moment.
make unreasonable demands of myself, and assume others do the same.
emote all over the place in senseless ranting when I feel I'm losing control of stuff I should have in hand.
can't stay detached and work hard at the same time.
take too much on myself, as though I can arrange my own life exactly as I dream it up.
take things personally.
get clingy at times.
tend to imagine the worst possible outcomes and brood over them.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
^ Yea, I agree with that, for myself as well.

If you look at part of his life, he disconnected from people for so long and lived humbly on his own. And bleh, I'm only recalling parts of the movie (bleh, I know I know ><!) and I'm dead tired as I write this. Anyhoo, INFJ Vicky Jo wrote some things about him being an INFP as well. Here's a bit from her INFJor INFP site:

Nope. He was an INFJ. I think you are getting ENFJs mixed up with INFJs. We don't "rally up" people. We live by our own principles and expect others to do so also. That was the epitome of Gandhi. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Fe is about diplomacy, not organizing people.