• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Analysis: The "Hate an NF" threads

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
OK is it me or are the "Hate an NF" threads sickeningly nice? The hate an INFP thread completely turned into a snugglefest of why INFPs are so lovable and the same thing happened with ENFPs.

Seriously the only hate an NF thread approaching any respectable level of hatred is the ENFJ one. You INFJs need to get on the the Hate an INFJ thread so we can have some real competition!

Personally, when I started the ENFJ thread (based on the ENFP one) I truly wanted to hear what people had to say. I don't know if I'm opening my big mouth when I shouldn't, but we ENFJs actually PMed each other and decided that we WOULDN'T comment on the thread so that we wouldn't influence poster's comments or try to defend or justify any real or imagined instances of ENFJ fuckery, which I notice makes people more reluctant to voice their true feelings (except good ol' sriv) if they think they'll have a posse of angry NFs on them throwing arsenic-laced cotton candy at them.

But, and I'm probably starting something on this dreary Monday morning, not so with the two other NF threads. Do other NFs feel some need to defend their type? I've been waiting to see any true feedback on the INFP thread and I'm sorely disappointed. Honestly, that venom that people spew about Fe on this forum have little bearing in my real life and don't feel a need to champion Fe or ENFJs or ESFJs. I think this contributes to the stereotype that NFs really can't handle any criticism if you can't have a thread criticizing your type without jumping in and defending the very real less desirable members.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I know! They take everything seriously EVEN though my signature specifically tells them not to.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I think I was fairly vocal at one point concerning the "Hate an ENFJ" thread, but that's the past.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Is the fuschia sky royal purple today proteanmix? :hug:

And I did voice my dislike for a fellow INFP :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK is it me or are the "Hate an NF" threads sickeningly nice? The hate an INFP thread completely turned into a snugglefest of why INFPs are so lovable and the same thing happened with ENFPs.

That's why I hates 'em, my precioussousssssousssssss......!

....I really hate how most of them always, after they give a wonderful analysis of something, then ruin it by saying, "Just my opinion," or "YMMV". Or apologize up front for saying something that could be confrontational but ends up not really being nasty at all. (eeeep!)

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your Milage May Vary.

cheers,
Ian

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You know what? If someone hates something about me I don't want to know. I have enough insecurity and self-doubt. I'm doing the best I can and if that isn't good enough people can stuff it. :tongue10:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
What could anyone possibly say that us INFJs don't fully disclose about ourselves already?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
to tell the truth, i don't recall ever disliking an NF that had a J on the end. not in real life, or the board. except if oprah is an ENFJ. i hate that bitch, but i think it has more to do with the fact that so many sheep act like she's the end-all-be-all. oh, and brendan. he irritates the shit out of me sometimes but not for the same reasons as the Ps, plus he's easy enough to ignore these days.

even the occasional "IMO" doesn't bug me too much because it seems genuine for the most part when they say it.

the NFP threads though. you're absolutely right about why i didn't post on the thread. actually reading did nothing but reinforce what i already thought and felt about the type in general. see? even now i feel the damn need to say, "and yes i know all NFPs aren't the same", and i resent it.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
In a place like this forum, you are not going to see any mouth spouting any true dislike or hatred towards any type. My opinion is that those threads don't serve any purpose.

Why? Because we all have our own façades to nurture, and the most they can play along with is a fluffy sort of "hatred"-expression that's not going to be taken seriously by anyone.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
In a place like this forum, you are not going to see any mouth spouting any true dislike or hatred towards any type. My opinion is that those threads don't serve any purpose.

Why? Because we all have our own façades to nurture, and the most they can play along with is a fluffy sort of "hatred"-expression that's not going to be taken seriously by anyone.

i disagree. you can't know how serious someone else will take what information they get or what they'll do with it.

also, sometimes, it just feels good to say what you're thinking.

so it has the potential to be beneficial for both sides.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Well when it comes to the other types, I hate how were treated like were some fragile little dolls that are gonna break. I don't bother responding to criticism like that either usually.

Trying to attack me by saying I'll curl up in a ball somewhere and cry when attacked will usually just result in me laughing and walking away.. I won't take it serious.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well when it comes to the other types, I hate how were treated like were some fragile little dolls that are gonna break. I don't bother responding to criticism like that either usually.

Trying to attack me by saying I'll curl up in a ball somewhere and cry when attacked will usually just result in me laughing and walking away.. I won't take it serious.

yeah, that one is way overdone and makes it look like the other person didn't even put thought into it. it's like the standard complaint. the equivalent of "NTs are emotionless".

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
i disagree. you can't know how serious someone else will take what information they get or what they'll do with it.

also, sometimes, it just feels good to say what you're thinking.

so it has the potential to be beneficial for both sides.

Okay, your post does make sense about the threads being beneficial. However, I still think that the forum environment can have a bearing on of how one says what one's thinking -- so the expression of the thought might be distorted... and might cause other, unintended interpretations to spring up.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I just find them at times amusing to read. But yes... bring on the hatred! I suspect it's more likely for us INFJs to rat on ourselves than other types bringing up issues.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, your post does make sense about the threads being beneficial. However, I still think that the forum environment can have a bearing on of how one says what one's thinking -- so the expression of the thought might be distorted... and might cause other, unintended interpretations to spring up.

i can't argue that.