• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Analysis: The "Hate an NF" threads

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
If Protean wanted to set the ground rules how the INFP conducted themselves in their own "why do you hate an INFP" thread, then she should have been the one to start it and have spelled those rules out clearly to begin with. It is ridiculous to complain now "We ENFJ played by these unspoken rules and you should have too and now I am upset!"

I think you honed in on the wrong part of my post. And if you notice, mostly everyone that has commented in this thread has taken it in stride. And this kind of proves my point in a way. You're indignant about me commenting on the softness of the Hate an NF threads? I'm not upset about any unspoken rules, I was just voicing an observation I noticed about the tone of the Hate an NF threads how when someone goes to complain about the type in question (even done on the ENFJ thread so I'm not excluding it either) the complaint is typically sandwiched between cushion. Anybody foolish enough to apply the behavior of one or two or even 10 unhealthy versions of any particular type to everyone of that type needs to back away from the MBTI.

Nor is my intention for this to become "Hate an INFP: Raw and Uncut" either. I used the INFP thread as an example because it's the most recent. If my using that one as an example offended you heart, I don't know what to say about that. If you notice the tone of my OP is was half serious and half joking. I was serious about why people feel a need to defend the unhealthy members of their type as if the person complaining about them were insulting them directly and how in defending those members it actually may make people reluctant to share their experiences. I was trying to lighten that observation with a joke about having some good competition from other NFs.

I hope I've clarified. :)

heart

heart on fire
I think you honed in on the wrong part of my post. And if you notice, mostly everyone that has commented in this thread has taken it in stride. And this kind of proves my point in a way. You're indignant about me commenting on the softness of the Hate an NF threads? I'm not upset about any unspoken rules, I was just voicing an observation I noticed about the tone of the Hate an NF threads how when someone goes to complain about the type in question (even done on the ENFJ thread so I'm not excluding it either) the complaint is typically sandwiched between cushion. Anybody foolish enough to apply the behavior of one or two or even 10 unhealthy versions of any particular type to everyone of that type needs to back away from the MBTI.

Nor is my intention for this to become "Hate an INFP: Raw and Uncut" either. I used the INFP thread as an example because it's the most recent. If my using that one as an example offended you heart, I don't know what to say about that. If you notice the tone of my OP is was half serious and half joking. I was serious about why people feel a need to defend the unhealthy members of their type as if the person complaining about them were insulting them directly and how in defending those members it actually may make people reluctant to share their experiences. I was trying to lighten that observation with a joke about having some good competition from other NFs.

I hope I've clarified. :)

I am just stiring the pot. :D

Really you were the only person besides Haphazard to bring up a clear description of what you didn't like in the example of the INFP.

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
If I feel uncomfortable in a specific person's expression, then I find value in sharing my experience with them in respectful private discussion framed around taking personal responsibility for my experience and asking them if they are able and willing to help me improve that experience. In my experience people are much more willing to offer their assistance when they are not being blamed or shamed for their expression. In addition, I have come to understand that making someone else responsible for my experience takes away my power and leaves me a helpless victim of their expression.

I personally see little value in the "hate an XXXX" threads.

nothappy

Everything is a fault and a gift at the same time. To me those threads are an insight to your inner reflexion.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This is interesting, I'm almost having trouble following the multiple conversations going on (and believe you me, there are multiple conversations!). Ne to the rescue!

Unless the 'Hate an XX' is about ME -- I dont' read it.

Okay, let me rephrase -- unless the thread is about me or about a type I'm familiar enough with IRL to have context for the comments -- there's no point for me to read them. It's just not interesting or useful to me.

But in re: to ProteanMix's question, I actually have no problem with people discussing the weaknesses of immature or troubled examples of type. I would actually prefer peopel to be able to recognize the difference between a dysfunctional and troubled type and a normal type and the ideal of a type.

The problem I've noticed on this forum, people often do not make those distinctions. Healthy type, immature type, WRONG type -- it's like whateva just want to complain about this person I hate. I swear a lot of people bash type along the lines of, "My ex girlfriend is a bitch and I think she's XXXX, so XXXX, please explain to me why you're all such bitches. I want to understand." :huh: Umm...no? Or they don't even say, "I want to understand" it's just "you suck."

edit: huge chunks about 'criticism' deleted. I'll wait to see where the thread goes.

BTW -- ENFJ PM cluster! :holy: My suspicions are correct - you guys are plotting a take over. :ninja:

Actually, I'd be interested to hear the ENFJ perspective on criticism. I got the impression you thought trying to correct misconceptions of ENFJ haters would be pointless? And you can let it roll off your back because you know IRL you are fabu powerful people and the haters would cower in fear, unable to critique you to your face? ;)

Alright, I was (partially) kidding :ninja:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs may be sensitive and whatnot, but the main issue I see is getting THE LECTURE OF MORAL RECTITUDE (tm) from them, or really, anybody with strong Fi. Even if their opinion on the matter seems highly subjective, they will go ahead and steamroller you with their words. All you can do is stand back and cower until it's over, even if no matter what they say you may not agree. Afterwards, you just don't fucking say anything about your dissent for fear of THE LECTURE OF MORAL RECTITUDE (tm) again. This has happened to me several times -- I have a nasty habit of getting lectured on F-concentrated topics.

Look at all you have to look forward to when your tertiary kicks in. :)