• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What's your art form?

What's your art form?

• Art (drawing, sculpting, painting, etc)

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Music (composing, singing, playing an instrument, etc)

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Words (writing stories, poetry, songs, etc)

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Film and theater (acting, dancing, editing film, etc)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • None, I prefer other activities

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
NFs make good artists. Now I'm sure you appreciate every form of art listed in the poll but check off the art you do. Share it here!! Tell us how it makes you feel and why you love it!! And if you're not an artist, tell us what you love about it!!

S

Sniffles

Writing primarily for me. Maybe a little bit of acting along with it.

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm never sure if I should talk about myself in an opening post but here's the post about me!! I'm a performer!! I like acting and filming the best but I also write and sing as well. I checked off Words, Music, and Film and theater because I do all 3!! I wish I could do something artistic with my hands, like painting or sculpting but everything I try looks like a 5 year old did it. I love to perform though, it's exhilarating!! Acting fascinates me, it's the one time I don't have to be myself and I enjoy being someone else for a while. I also enjoy film making, from filming the movie to editing it. I've been doing that lately but I really miss acting.

Burger King

I draw, though not as much as I used to. Didn't have much to work with as a kid, but pencil and paper were common, so I guess what compelled me to drawing was a combination of boredom and a lack of things to play with as a child. Started off drawing imitation of things, characters, etc. I thought I was half-decent so I kept at it. I have sort of a compulsive/ocd-ish perfectionist behavior, so drawing gives me a medium to focus all of that energy. Also, when I see something aesthetically pleasing, I have this urge to draw it. It can also double as a journal in a way. Whenever I look at my old stuff, it brings back memories and stories of what went on at the time of the work. It's very nostalgic to look at old work of 8 to 10 years ago. I'm fond of the feeling.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Music, writing, and visual arts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in my family i had/have 4 nfs and 2 sfs most of them artists in some way...i love art...love being surrounded by art and creativity. my dad was a painter and sculptor, my mom is a painter and getting into photography, one of my sisters paints, does hair and designs clothes and puts together fashion shows, the other sister can paint or draw just about anything she sees(isfj) and can bake and do crafts like you wouldn't believe! i do photography and one of these days plan to design stuff irl not just in my head.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm not an NF (though I do have rather high Fi), but I love to write. Only fiction though - I hate writing essays in school. I like to write for two reasons: 1. I've always head a good imagination, and can come up with amazingly complex plots, and 2. It's a way for me to share my ideas. I've come up with awesome ideas for books, video games, movies, and TV shows. Oddly, I don't really like reading fiction, or reading in general - I like learning things by reading nonfiction, but only if it's something useful.

However, I love listening to music, and although I was good at playing the guitar, I never enjoyed practicing. I wanted to get better at playing guitar, but I never had the time to practice.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Writing and music. I wish I could draw but alas, I cannot.

F

figsfiggyfigs

There are already quite a few threads about art sharing on here. You should check them out. Oddly enough, I've noticed more NTs have an art/musical inclination than NFs on this forum, and the NFs tend to be more gifted in writing/photography.
Maybe it is just me.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whenever I think of art.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to draw a lot, though not from life, and was seriously into sculpture. It was a means of escape for me. I was also a serious musician. Art and music were easy ways to not deal with people and be introverted.

Now I'm into photography, which has the opposite effect. I'm out in the world, and my daily humdrum life is enriched by what I notice. I share my photos with others now, and can't imagine just doing it just for art's sake. Selecting an image, determining that it's good enough to be shared, means something in itself.

A

A window to the soul

A mosaic of burnt rubber on the pavement.

[kidding :]

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a musician. I can kinda draw too, but not really. I was an English major, so I am also fond of literature and the written word.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I selected all of them, including the "other" category. I'm a film school kid; I worked on a number of projects with the help of my awesome peers, but I prefer the independent approach now (a small crew of trusted talent versus the schmoozing studio system). I wrote, directed, and edited a number of short films, and these three facets of filmmaking are probably my strongest foci. I haven't been as active in this area as of late, but only because I've been trying to accumulate my own gear...and it's expensive. :( If building your own computer/editing rig counts as an art form, add that. Oh, yeah - I've done acting too, for both stage and video. That was a lot of fun, but I never actively pursued it.

Currently though, I'm functioning as a camera operator and sports photographer. I shoot ice hockey more than anything else, and it's becoming something of a specialty. I love photography, I love hockey...naturally, I love my job. We're getting ready for the playoffs right now. :heart: I take photographs purely for my own enjoyment, too. It's fun (and cathartic) to collect frozen moments in time, so that I can live them over again, deconstruct and reconstruct them, or simply call attention to the emotion or beauty of that specific, distilled second. I am drawn to conceptual and abstract photography, so I like to play around in that arena too whenever possible. Anything goes, really.

When it comes to painting, I'm especially driven toward the abstract end of the spectrum. I seem to communicate best in various modes of abstract expressionism, surrealism, and pop art. Realism is a bit difficult, since it's more natural for me to express something I'm feeling or imagining on the inside than it is to accurately reproduce something from my external environment. If I attempt a realistic subject, it's more likely to be in the form of a drawing.

I love words and consider language itself to be one of the grandest art forms of all. Studying new languages is very rewarding, and I want to master one of them someday. I write short stories and journal my thoughts a lot. I'm not a prolific poet, but sometimes I try arranging my thoughts in verses.

I have the least experience with music, but I did have training in voice and piano when I was younger. Now, I'm mostly interested in electronic music composition, but if I seriously attacked this on top of everything else I enjoy doing, I would never see the light of day again. I would finally fall into the abyss of creation and die there.

I checked "other" because I engage my creative processes in just about everything I do. I'm really into fashion, for example, so I'm always arranging and wearing unique looks.

That was kind of long...I apologize. I just get really excited about my hobbies. :ninja:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why is this thread associated with NF.....we are supposed to be the artistic ones? i didn't know...:unsure:

anyways, music. and some creative writing too. and theater i guess.

Saga

MBTI Type
INFJ
I write a lot and work on my photography skills. I love music and have played several instruments. If I weren't such a perfectionist I might be able to learn to play guitar at the level I want to, but not yet. When I was younger I used to draw a lot, sang in choirs, danced (ballet, ballroom, street, charleston, you name it) and did theatre.

As for "other": My second biggest outlet is baking and cooking. I invent and tweak recipes to as close to perfection as possible, then work on the presentation. Apart from that I need to create stuff with my hands from time to time and since I am a geek, I crochet amigurumi. Like Totoro, the cat bus and sprites. :)

Omission1234

Ive mainly been in music and playing guitar for years. I like to paint for relaxing and writing poetry for relaxation too. Ive been starting to get into photography lately, my dad is a photographer and has been pushing me kindly to do it haha. Its actually alot of fun so I appreciate it. I really like editing films for music and besides that I like woodworking projects alot ( Guitar making, tables, benches, bookshelves etc) This is when I have time.. I have a couple of them unfortunately in the basement waiting... ahh well :D