• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Evil ENFJs

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because ENFJs have such a deep capacity to love they also have a deep capacity for hate, vengeance, torture and murder-suicides. If anyone is willing to hold you emotionally captive for forgetting to buy them a birthday card, it's an ENFJ (ESFJs a close second). Just try not to feel riddled with guilt when they give you the silent treatment. I DARE YOU.

Aw, you break my heart Thess. :pandarage: But I won't give you the silent treatment ...this time... :thelook:

I would say every type has the capacity to go off the deepend. :bats::bunnyglee::wizfreak:

ENFJs feel everything deeply because the Ni/Se combo let's us take high speed mental pictures of people's body language which, combined with a natural instinct for reading that, shows us a somewhat accurate picture of how they're feeling at any given moment.

That to say, being "half-psychic" kind of sucks sometimes. It makes us prone to more passionate moods, though honestly we :vulcan: up a little later in life as we embrace logic as the nuclear coolant to our powerful reactor. That's why Fe's often end up with Ti's. I love y'all a whole lot, you just make me happy in all your neutrality; sometimes it's nice not to have somebody's excessive feelings "shouting" at you mentally. Ti leads don't have that problem. I enjoy the challenge of bringing out the emotion they do have.

And to my ISTP friend, don't let that ENFJ push you around unless you're genuinely interested. You probably won't know that unless you go out. Sometimes the only ulterior motive we have is :wubbie:.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJs in the grip are the real evil ones, not ENFJs. Osama Bin Laden is said to be an example of this.

Its always the silent ones you have to worry about...always the introverts.

I know an INFJ who rubbed her husband with numbing creme and then beat him out of frustration. This is all hear say and there are severe mental issues with this INFJ which includes a really bad mental disorder along with drug and alcohol addiction.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
there are severe mental issues with this INFJ which includes a really bad mental disorder along with drug and alcohol addiction.

This is not uncommon with INFJs. Poor suckers.

being "half-psychic" kind of sucks sometimes.

Just imagine how crazy the Fi ones are. Good thing for us level-headed Ts to keep the show running. Otherwise we would have become extinct due to excessive art development.

Right? :newwink:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is not uncommon with INFJs. Poor suckers.

Just imagine how crazy the Fi ones are. Good thing for us level-headed Ts to keep the show running. Otherwise we would have become extinct due to excessive art development.

Right? :newwink:

Oooh, absoleutely. ;) I don't do art though, unless you consider creative use of smilies an artform. :drwho:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I love how this thread exploded all of a sudden. If only all my other threads were like that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because ENFJs have such a deep capacity to love they also have a deep capacity for hate, vengeance, torture and murder-suicides. If anyone is willing to hold you emotionally captive for forgetting to buy them a birthday card, it's an ENFJ (ESFJs a close second). Just try not to feel riddled with guilt when they give you the silent treatment. I DARE YOU.

hahaha.... This has literally happened to me with an ENFJ.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For a fictional example I'd say Shelley "The Machine" Levene (Jack Lemmon) in Glengarry Glenn Ross. The guy is just vile. But so are almost all the other characters. :laugh:

disco

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both ENFJs I know are quite fun and great friends, but they also both make me feel distant from them at the same time. They are both enneatype 3w2 so there's the deceit thing, I guess? Anyway, warm and fuzzy on the surface, but somehow something is still off. Or maybe I am paranoid :shock:

Melody

:truthy: Technically speaking, people are evil on an individual to individual basis. :greatscott:
:rofl1:

only thing i've noticed is that many ENFJs are very distant. it's like they have a little of themselves out in public and most of themselves hidden in private, and they can't bridge the gap because their private selves are too intense. so it's like they have an outward persona that has a kind of sad emptiness to it and you just gotta wonder if they've ever even met another intuitive person because maybe they think they are alone in their weirdness :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have known 2 ENFJs closely over a long period of time, my 3w4 good friend and my 2w3 coworker.

What I have found to be the "dark side" that they share in common is how quiet they are about their motives. Both my friend and coworker are very meticulous about what information they share and what information they conceal. Sometimes this may be tact, but other times, it leans heavily towards manipulation, being that they lead with Fe people-managing. In both cases, this can mean playing very different roles with different people. Sometimes you will catch them saying one thing to one person and something very, very different to another. I assume it seems internally consistent to them, but to many others it does not appear that way. This can certainly play into the distance that [MENTION=14503]disco[/MENTION] mentioned.

At least for me personally, I have to be very careful around ENFJs. I tend to get pulled too easily into their whirlwinds... they have such a gift for captivating and redirecting. If I'm not wary, I end up losing my self in their energy. Then I'm left behind 4 years later wondering why I wrapped my life around their finger... (true story.)

They are beautiful, though. Beautiful and captivating sirens. I think they just always need to be aware that they do lead people, and leaders have an inherent responsibility to bring their followers down paths of mutual benefit.

As for a (mostly) evil ENFJ, ceecee beat me to it. Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple, who founded the cult and lead 909 people including 303 children in mass suicide via cyanide poisoning, for paranoid fear that intelligence organizations were conspiring against the group and were planning to torture and kill the adults, and turn the children towards fascism. To his credit, he was an integrationist. Probably ENFJ 6w7.

Neutralpov

I have known 2 ENFJs closely over a long period of time, my 3w4 good friend and my 2w3 coworker.

What I have found to be the "dark side" that they share in common is how quiet they are about their motives. I assume it seems internally consistent to them, but to many others it does not appear that way. This can certainly play into the distance that [MENTION=14503]disco[/MENTION] mentioned.

At least for me personally, I have to be very careful around ENFJs. I tend to get pulled too easily into their whirlwinds... they have such a gift for captivating and redirecting. If I'm not wary, I end up losing my self in their energy. Then I'm left behind 4 years later wondering why I wrapped my life around their finger... (true story.)

They are beautiful, though. Beautiful and captivating sirens. I think they just always need to be aware that they do lead people, and leaders have an inherent responsibility to bring their followers down paths...

uhhh I don't get it.... I don't think that I lead anyone or aim to be a "captivating siren." Maybe I am unusual but I tend to be individualistic and don't want the bondage of other followers in any consistency. I need the freedom to move and leap! I do agree on the sins of omission though. I am guilty but I find that to be on topics that I have decided firmly and will not accept input, backlash, mocking, debate, or otherwise silly comments on the topic without going stonefaced. I also agree on not letting an ENFJ overgive. That should be rule #1 in our guidebook.
My reaction to the last post was, "hey are you responsible for your own life and decisions?" but that was a bit much now that I chew on it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My reaction to the last post was, "hey are you responsible for your own life and decisions?" but that was a bit much now that I chew on it.

And yet you posted it anyway, lol. So here's my reply that's a bit much, too: No, I'm a mindless drone that follows others around and can't fend for myself in the big scary world.

Realistically: Yes, of course, which is why I wrote I have to be very careful [...].

However, E3 friend is quite selfish in some ways, and especially in comparison to my ESFJ boyfriend, I see how much directing and behavior-adjusting she did with me. She was explicitly disapproving of certain things and she would simply not respond if you seemed to like those things; she would not respond if you behaved in certain ways; she chose certain people she did not like and would be cold to you if you were kind to them; and so on. It wasn't about what she did as much as how she would only respond positively to you if you behaved in certain ways. She effectively changed others' behavior to suit her goals - which would be a great gift if she were using it for psychotherapy, but she was largely a college student leader manipulating other students.

Anyway, I would guess with E1 you are more individually-focused, but the E2 and E3 are very extraverted and natural leaders, and were/are in positions of leadership, and as such, I feel like they do have responsibilities to be careful of how they lead other people. I was beneath E3 in two organizations, as well as being close friends, so that was a very difficult situation for me. I have to point out, though, that the whole thing was often fairly subtle - she was essentially operating on a behavioral psychological level. I've pointed it out to her since and even she didn't realize just how much she did it.

I also agree on not letting an ENFJ overgive. That should be rule #1 in our guidebook.

Yeah. Especially because it both hurts the ENFJ and everyone else who just can't keep up with the giving. Coworker ENFJ volunteers himself to do our lazy manager's tasks and has a very hard time saying no, and as a result our manager won't take responsibility for her own work, and the rest of us are forced to pick up after her, as well as taking care of the extra work ENFJ creates for the rest of us. He's hurting everyone even though he's trying to help (though I still appreciate and look up to him because he is a very positive and disciplined guy) - and, maddeningly, he gets props from the higher-ups for doing it... even though him doing that makes it harder on the rest of us.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought NTJs are the most evil of all the types!

WheresRocket

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
However, E3 friend is quite selfish in some ways, and especially in comparison to my ESFJ boyfriend, I see how much directing and behavior-adjusting she did with me. She was explicitly disapproving of certain things and she would simply not respond if you seemed to like those things; she would not respond if you behaved in certain ways; she chose certain people she did not like and would be cold to you if you were kind to them; and so on. It wasn't about what she did as much as how she would only respond positively to you if you behaved in certain ways. She effectively changed others' behavior to suit her goals - which would be a great gift if she were using it for psychotherapy, but she was largely a college student leader manipulating other students.

My ENFJ mother does this - not at all knowingly, I feel sure. I think it's a function of her desire to avoid conflict at all costs, which does seem to be an ENFJ tendency. If you ignore/shut out all sources of potential conflict (read: anywhere anyone else disagrees with her), there can't be any conflict, right? But the effects of the strategy can easily become manipulative.

Many times she has squashed abstract discussions between me (INFP) and my ISFJ dad, because it seemed to her we were approaching a point of potential conflict. A favorite strategy is to loudly comment on the weather to my ENFJ spouse, and the two of them will hold a loud discussion ("You think it's gonna rain? I think it's gonna rain! Hey, what if it rains!") to drown us out until we quit talking. I know her well, so I know she's operating out of fear of conflict and I make allowances, but it still frustrates both me and my dad to be denied our (usually fairly neutral) conversation.

I can see how that kind of behavior can come across as manipulative or even evil, especially when the person being acted on doesn't know the ENFJ very well. It's certainly not an enjoyable thing to be on the receiving end of, even when you understand the motivation.

D

Dali

I see how much directing and behavior-adjusting she did with me. She was explicitly disapproving of certain things and she would simply not respond if you seemed to like those things; she would not respond if you behaved in certain ways; she chose certain people she did not like and would be cold to you if you were kind to them; and so on. It wasn't about what she did as much as how she would only respond positively to you if you behaved in certain ways. She effectively changed others' behavior to suit her goals.

My ex did this. It confused me how they were so in love with me yet tried (and succeeded, in part) to change so much about who I was. Confused me.

I've also seen my stepmum pull the same on my half-sisters.

(Some) ENFJs need to realise what a mindfuck this is.

Last edited:

WheresRocket

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Some) ENFJs need to realise what a mindfuck this is.

Yeah. Especially since they gravitate toward positions of power/leadership - not that it's ever cool to be messing with people's heads, but it can be even more of a problem when the one doing the messing has power over the one being messed with.