• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What good would an NF see in an NT as a romantic partner?

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
but what the competition is really about is spontaneously generating ideas how to win other NTs. btw its not Ti thats a spring board for ideas, its the Ne ideas which work as a spring board for Ti analysis ;)

Yeah thats what im saying, I can bring ideas in front of you which you can help me analyze logically, i never said I'm coming to you to get ideas. I've gained a great deal of Ti experience this way. Two of my best friends from childhood is INTPs and there great to discuss ideas with cause they will try to find the problems with it, i could do it myself but I get a better result with a discussion.

Yeah thats Ne and thats the ENTPs dominant fuction, the Ti is the INTPs. So I win at that, exactly the point. I was ripping at you and critiquing you at the for the excat same thing.

Mia.

. ENFJ probably comes closest to being truly nurturing, secondly INFP, being a dominant Feeler. ENFPs and INFJs, you must remember, are dominant iNtuitors - we are thinkers before nurturers. I believe the same is true of NTs and logic - you are better at conceptualizing it than actually enacting it, though ENTJ comes close.

I would agree with this.

S

Society

The problem with that idea is that any N type is going to be more about theoretics and less about application. So we might be very nurturing in terms of our values, and in terms of how we want to help, but that's not always going to translate into reality - like you said, idealized giving and self image. All that stuff gets really caught up in our heads. We're better at thinking about this stuff than actually enacting it, especially NFPs. NFJs have a little more external ambition, but the downside of Ni, as always, is it can create a very narrow idealized path. ENFJ probably comes closest to being truly nurturing, secondly INFP, being a dominant Feeler. ENFPs and INFJs, you must remember, are dominant iNtuitors - we are thinkers before nurturers. I believe the same is true of NTs and logic - you are better at conceptualizing it than actually enacting it, though ENTJ comes close.

i'm genuinely impressed by the level of self awareness and honesty expressed there. and your right - NTs often dwell in their creative/intellectual self images as well, and i'm sure that for every one that made it big time and brought their ideas into fruition there's a thousands who never tried, or tried and never tried again (i am only now recovering financially and mentally into my second attempt to shoot for the sky and its being almost 5 years since my first startup rolled under, i know the temptation of giving up and finding excuses).

its seems counter intutive, but i think what your saying has an extended version, where its the ideals we hold most dear to ourselves and are most inclined to develop that we are also the most afraid of bringing to the test, and so we shelter ourselves from manifesting our best and strongest characteristics.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I dated an INTP for a year and a half and there were some really great things about our relationship. Despite the INTP stereotype, he was very cuddly and verbally affirming - that's dreamy for an ENFJ! I was with and INTJ for 9 years, so clearly there was something to that, too! I have three close guy friends and they are all NT (ENTJ x 2 & INTP). I think I could have a great romantic relationship with any of them if there was even an iota of physical attraction.

Ten

MBTI Type
nfj
Enneagram
I guess if I got more generalized, I'd ask why anybody would be interested in NT's romantically. If I got more specific, I would ask why an NF would choose an INTP partner over other types. If I got really specific, I would ask about INFJ's liking INTP's over other types. I mean I just can't imagine someone going around thinking they would really like to be with an INTP rather than some other type, except maybe if they were an NTP type themselves

Don't down play your attractiveness. There is one INTP that is in my immediate environment that I find funny and sweet in his own little weird way though he does not actively try to be those things and I do not think he would imagine that someone thinks that way about him. He has interesting ideas and is rather rational about things and that is also attractive. I think that every INFJ would benefit from having an INTP friend to kind of hold them down logically when their emotions become overwhelming.

On the other hand, my relationships with INTPs have never worked out well because they needed too much space for my liking and that can leave me feeling needy, rejected and unloved. Also, I do not think I would date an INTP again because I tend not to be attracted to intuitives sexually and I do not think that an INTP can provide me with the level of care and attention that I need regularly. However, INTPs have many great and wonderful qualities that are attractive.

Ten

MBTI Type
nfj
Enneagram
Almost every NF I've seen that's gotten with an NT has idealized the shit out of them, but then they came to resent their true, rational side after a while. When their "true colors" show, when they are thrown into difficult situations.

True I think. I have hardly ever seen NF/NT reationships work long term.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
FYI - the idea that NF women are more nurturing... i don't know man. i've seen NTs who are quite giving, and my anecdotal exp with NF is more along the lines of "is more likely to form an idealized giving and nurturing self image of herself and sell you on it under delusional honesty while in practice being a self centered black hole of take take take pulling everything good with the immense power of blind stubbornness", and while i am hopeful that i was just exceptionally unlucky to be with a seriously unhealthy example, it does punch holes in the generalization for me.

I'm very nurturing. With the people I love, this is probably what sets me apart. I have NO desire to nurture every stray or some urge to help the world or work in a position of assistance, at all. Not in the way I have seen many NF women. How many of those are just selling you a nurturing self-image? I don't know. I can tell you my ENFJ is very nurturing as far as men go. He's nearly a breast at times. I don't see this as a bad thing, btw.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
An apple falls to the ground, and an S type sees an apple that fell on the ground. The N type wants to know why the apple fell on the ground, what could be done to prevent apples from falling to the ground or how they might be collected as they fall. The S type is like, "Shut up. The apple fell on the ground. That's what apples do."

Or the S would make a delicious apple-caramel tartlet with the collected apples.

Not all Sensors are fucking retards, you know.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Or people will just stay in their homes because there is no need to leave the home in order to communicate/date/exchange information/etc.

Yeah you guys get on that. As for me I need to be touched because I'm a STOOPID SENSOR.

I also think that being too blaise about relationships as [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION] goes on about actually promotes immaturity. There is emotional growth involved in learning to live with a partner or a family long-term, without taking off and running to idealize someone brand new, which has real, practical consequences for everyone.

Of course in this I don't include utter boredom with the person from day 1, the person being physically disgusting, or beating you of course - there are genuinely solid reasons to leave your partner, but refusing to ever compromise is not one of them.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Actually, I think an N type would respond like the S type now. Apples don't provide much abstract stimulation.