• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Best match for ENTP 3w4?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type could an ENTP 3w4 best serve a relationship with? Why?

A

Anew Leaf

INFPs. Because they think ENTPs are candy and amazing and they will laugh at the ENTPs jokes until their sides are sore and their eyes are tearless from crying so much.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs. Because they think ENTPs are candy and amazing and they will laugh at the ENTPs jokes until their sides are sore and their eyes are tearless from crying so much.

Whoa! When's the last you met an INFP? Candy's as good chemistry. Uggh. I love the laugh happiness company they must be!

I don't know of any INFPs having ever met one in person. :unsure:

I gotsta meet onez or sumz.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Any experience in a relationship with the infamous INFPZ?

A

A window to the soul

That sucks, maybe. What was the difference between, obviously a good start?..to what happened?
He was more emotionally needy and insecure than I'm used to. I had the stronger personality and I didn't feel like I respected or admired him the way I wanted to. In a nutshell, I was completely turned off.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He was more emotionally needy and insecure than I'm used to. I had the stronger personality and I didn't feel like I respected or admired him the way I wanted to. In a nutshell, I was completely turned off.

Uggh..like a hook in the jaw. I get it. I mean how can you have fun if the other is still dealing with insecurities.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not suuuuure about INFPs... Well, ENTPs have never really charmed me... But I'm talking about this INFP here...

Why not ENFPs? I think they would keep up with the ENTP's thought's fast pace and have lots of fun.
Maybe an ENFJ or ENTJ who would want to be successful, like an enneagram 3?

A

Anew Leaf

Whoa! When's the last you met an INFP? Candy's as good chemistry. Uggh. I love the laugh happiness company they must be!

I don't know of any INFPs having ever met one in person. :unsure:

I gotsta meet onez or sumz.

I meet them on occasion :ninja:.

You can often find them hidden under waterfalls in deep pools. Or tucked away in the spice cabinet; right in between cinnamon and cayenne.

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
I don't know of any INFPs having ever met one in person. :unsure:.

One of my best friends was an INFP and I could never type him. I might be able to do it now, knowing what to look for. But I don't feel like they're very easy to spot.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my best friends was an INFP and I could never type him. I might be able to do it now, knowing what to look for. But I don't feel like they're very easy to spot.

Hey Kitsune! Wow this is intriguing! What would you look for?
BTW just scored even on T and F on The Thompson Maidenbaum Personality Inventory so I guess that makes me an ENXP. Kinda maybe your type haha.

Edit: I mean your same type, not your type.

V

violaine

What kind of person are you looking for, [MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION] ? I have seen well rounded male ENTPs really fall for female ISFJs.

I'm a little loathe to make rigid, typology based matches. Though, I know for myself that I seem to get along best with fellow INs in a relationship. I need a high degree of understanding and acceptance from someone for my personality to come to the fore at this point in my life. It's completely different WRT friends though. I get along fabulously with wild and free EXXPs. We go off and be wild and free together. (Though it's like a 1:4 ratio in terms of their level of activity as opposed to mine. :D )

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
Hey Kitsune! Wow this is intriguing! What would you look for?

Their strong suit is Inner Feeling. You don't get to see that. Second suit is Intuition. You're dominant Intuition so thats easy to tell. When you talk to people if their eyes glaze over they're probably S's. If they talk back and your eyes glaze over they're also probably S's. So just being able to easily talk to them is a tell.

People say they're kooky. But their weak point is extraverted logic. So they tend not to take control of things. Take away their tools and they get uncharacteristically emotional. They're really individualistic. Like an ENFP. Always hard to type an introvert but they can be a bit conspicuous. Use those extraverted tools. :)

BTW just scored even on T and F on The Thompson Maidenbaum Personality Inventory so I guess that makes me an ENXP. Kinda maybe your type haha.

Edit: I mean your same type, not your type.

You do seem to walk a fine line.

Edit: You should perhaps put the X in your MBTI. You're drawn and curious about feeling types. But alot of people on the forums seem to wonder if you're just trying to play a trick on them.

Honestly I wish that I was a bit more Ti. All the cleverness in the world doesn't mean a thing when you're too sensitive. Often when I'm being antagonized I know that if I could just not be emotional I could leave them in tatters. But maybe thats for the best.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of person are you looking for, [MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION] ? I have seen well rounded male ENTPs really fall for female ISFJs.

I'm a little loathe to make rigid, typology based matches. Though, I know for myself that I seem to get along best with fellow INs in a relationship. I need a high degree of understanding and acceptance from someone for my personality to come to the fore at this point in my life. It's completely different WRT friends though. I get along fabulously with wild and free EXXPs. We go off and be wild and free together. (Though it's like a 1:4 ratio in terms of their level of activity as opposed to mine. :D )

Hey friend thanks for this :blush:

I don't know. Surely God will put the right one with me. I don't think I know any ISFJs although feel as they would be good friends.

I appreciate what you say about, and as a parallel to what you say about INs, I had a relationship with an EN and it was easy. I was way wild and outgoing at the time. She was too (ENTJ). It just got to a point I realized there wasn't going to be enough depth and it ended. Wild crazy funny and fun though.

INFJs and I are like magnets, most all. I can envision long-term successful relationships with an INFJ only if everyone is emotionally and mentally developed and healthy. They have the depth. Ss are stable which is great. Don't think they're much interested in depth though.

We are made social. It's good to have more relationships. ISFJs and INFJs, and ENFPs and others.

How many friends do you feel comfortable having?

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
I don't think I know any ISFJs although feel as they would be good friends.

ISFJ's are great people. But they're dominant introverted sensing. Even with an X thats still our inferior function. I agree with them morally and am impressed with the feeling of family they promote. They're great people. But they question everything I do.

Can never have to many but the more you have the harder it is to maintain... and your reply wasn't to me. :) so sorry for jumping in.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Their strong suit is Inner Feeling. You don't get to see that.
Ha! 'Get used to disappointment.'. Haha

When you talk to people if their eyes glaze over they're probably S's. If they talk back and your eyes glaze over they're also probably S's.

Hahaaaaaaaaa! Kitsune you are cracking me up!!

Use those extraverted tools. :)

Could you umm..do you mean express my Ne?

You do seem to walk a fine line.
Yep. I'm right on the line.

Edit: You should perhaps put the X in your MBTI. You're drawn and curious about feeling types. But alot of people on the forums seem to wonder if you're just trying to play a trick on them.

Yeah I get that often. It sucks feeling like you have to explain yourself. I've learned people will either like you or they won't understand. And no use degrading your dignity, no.

Edit: I can understand how people don't know where you're coming from. I.E. I used to date an ENFP/ENFJ and couldn't always follow her.
Is that what you mean? Like, people are looking or expecting a certain F or T or P or J from another? Or what?

Honestly I wish that I was a bit more Ti. All the cleverness in the world doesn't mean a thing when you're too sensitive. Often when I'm being antagonized I know that if I could just not be emotional I could leave them in tatters. But maybe thats for the best.

Yea it's difficult I have been there after being insulted feeling wounded and immobilized. Yes you can do this but it's not good especially long-term. Yep.

Last edited:
V

violaine

Hey friend thanks for this :blush:

I don't know. Surely God will put the right one with me. I don't think I know any ISFJs although feel as they would be good friends.

I appreciate what you say about, and as a parallel to what you say about INs, I had a relationship with an EN and it was easy. I was way wild and outgoing at the time. She was too (ENTJ). It just got to a point I realized there wasn't going to be enough depth and it ended. Wild crazy funny and fun though.

INFJs and I are like magnets, most all. I can envision long-term successful relationships with an INFJ only if everyone is emotionally and mentally developed and healthy. They have the depth. Ss are stable which is great. Don't think they're much interested in depth though.

We are made social. It's good to have more relationships. ISFJs and INFJs, and ENFPs and others.

Blergggh, I am truly awful at maintaining consistent contact in my friendships. So, yeah, I can't really maintain too many at one time. (The best scenario for me is to be friends with people who let me come and go and do not take it personally. Because it isn't personal. I just can't focus heavily on more than one thing at a time... If I'm preoccupied with working on something or with a problem, I go into my thought cave for a while. Where, undoubtedly, I am also thinking about my friends and how much they mean to me. Just have a huge disconnect from that when it comes to calling and emailing, etc. :/ )

I think it's why I get along with EXXPs. They don't sit around waiting, they just keep living their lives and allow me to weave in and out as my energy allows.

WRT looking for a compatible partner in a relationship.... I think if it's hard to think of characteristics you want in a partner, then sometimes one can arrive at a similar destination by ruling out the things you don't like. According to a person's own experiences. I often find it hard to seize on what I like definitively out of thin air - in fact, I don't think my mind works that way. But I can definitely express what I do not want according to my own experiences! (I wonder if it's related to being attuned to possibilities and opportunities, rather than security and dangers).