• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do Women Try and Fatten Up Boyfriends?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just reflecting...my last girlfriend fed me so much that I gained like 30 lbs.
She said once in front of others that she was 'fattening me up'.

What might be the reason for this?

I had about 10% body fat before I gained it and I was feeling great!

Now (we broke up) I'm about 10 lbs. from where I was two years ago.

What would possess a girl to want a heavy boyfriend? :unsure:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The more to hug you with my dear!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha no i can't imagine that's actually true but i could see some people showing affection by cooking for you and also extending the sweetness of not caring if you put on some weight as long as your happy.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to my biology teacher (true story), women want their husbands to get fatter in order to make him less appealing to other women. This way, the risk of him leaving their offspring behind in order to have sex with other females is minimized.
I should mention that as you get fatter you get less attractive to your own woman too. Evolution designed us to look for fit people to copulate with. Which means the cheating/breaking up chances are increased.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, I can see all these being true..just depends on a woman's outlook.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... well, there's just more to stuff and cook when the autumn Reaping comes 'round. *burp*

... but what the others said, too, if you are attached to a less carnivorous gal.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love bigger guys!! :wubbie:

jamiek

MBTI Type
INFJ
“Nothin’ says lovin’ like somethin’ from the oven” — Pillsbury... or, my ISFP ex.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
There is an expression..."The way to a man's heart is through the stomach."

Thus, it may be that food input is associated with increasing the bond. She may just want your heart.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
According to my biology teacher (true story), women want their husbands to get fatter in order to make him less appealing to other women. This way, the risk of him leaving their offspring behind in order to have sex with other females is minimized.
I should mention that as you get fatter you get less attractive to your own woman too. Evolution designed us to look for fit people to copulate with. Which means the cheating/breaking up chances are increased.

He's just making it up using a typical buzzed-up evolutionary-biology-game-theory-mixup argument.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is an expression..."The way to a man's heart is through the stomach."

Thus, it may be that food input is associated with increasing the bond. She may just want your heart.

Ahhh!

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

That sounds like some really retarded pop-psychology. If women wanted men who don't appeal to other women, wouldn't they be attracted to ugly men? But then they'd have to put them on the treadmill to make them hot so other women wouldn't want to steal them anymore because they'd no longer be perceived as men who wouldn't sleep with other women.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Consindering that my girlfriend doesnt cook and that I only cook for her, yes ! She has made me fat on purpose :ng_mad:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would possess a girl to want a heavy boyfriend? :unsure:

Can't speak for your ex (or anyone else), but coming from a fairly traditional Southern background it's expected that you cook for the people you care about. All about that Southern hospitality. I know it's not the most progressive attitude, but I love cooking for my man. Cooking for me is a way to show affection in a tangible way. I'm also a pretty good cook, so it's fun to show off a little. My INFP ex gained around 20lbs when we first started dating. He was one of those tall, lanky types anyways, so a little extra weight didn't hurt him. Didn't stop his family from giving him a hard time when he went home for Christmas break, though. :laugh:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know of one woman who married a very large man so she would'nt have to worry about him 'wandering off'. Her last husband made her very insecure about that. But, I'd imagine after a marriage, people loose their game, put on a bit o' weight and it gets blamed on the wife's cooking.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's just making it up using a typical buzzed-up evolutionary-biology-game-theory-mixup argument.
Admittedly, it wasn't a scientific conclusion. Also, being kinda fat, he is biased to say the least. But it made sense to me. Most men that have kids end up gaining a lot of weight...so it is possible to conclude that most wives don't offer much resistance to the possibility of their husbands getting fatter.
That sounds like some really retarded pop-psychology. If women wanted men who don't appeal to other women, wouldn't they be attracted to ugly men?
They are, as long as these men have potential($$) to be a good provider.

To clarify, I believe:
- this is how women are wired to act, on an unconscious level.
- a lot of intelligent women have evolved past this.
- which doesn't mean their DNA has changed
- our society has made cheating very costly, so it is sometimes not very wise to do what their DNA tells them to.

This is all speculation, but I believe the base is solid.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I contributed to an s.o.'s weight gain unintentionally, he wasn't used to eating decent food and he over did it when I cooked. I started putting leftovers away before we sat down to eat and that helped.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol! seriously....no. what is this!?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh no .. I've been guilty of this. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If he likes burnt food that is, lol.