• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Who's The Most Empathic NF On TC?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say Fidelia. She's like a queen. Dignified, poised, esteemed. Over time. Tested strong.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I also vote for Fidelia. And Silk Road too.

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
What better way to find out than to get to all argue about it in a post. I think its time for some War Time Profiteering! Buy your internet knives here!

Edit: I mean this entirely in good humor by the way. Everyone here seems quite nice and seem to be seeking understanding.

R

Riva

I assume a male NF would be more empathetic than a female one.

Or is it sympathetic?

Or is it more helpful?

Hmmmmmm..... I can't decide which. And maybe it's neither.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I assume a male NF would be more empathetic than a female one.
Why do you say that? I just think it's an interesting assertion, given that usually women are viewed as more empathetic than men...not that it's always true.

R

Riva

Why do you say that? I just think it's an interesting assertion, given that usually women are viewed as more empathetic than men...not that it's always true.

For a man to shed the socially accepted role of being an unemotional, ruthless, rational, unfeeling, duty bound, horny war machine one must go against a lot of peer pressure. And when one accepts one's inner empathy after defeating all those one would sincerely be more empathetic than a female I assumed.

Of course I am missing quite a few point on this. But this is the explanation that crosses my mind at the moment.

:)

Ps -

Oh add to it that Siddhartha was an obvious INFJ might make me a bit bias towards men being more empathetic than women.

PPs -

Also I am very empathetic I feel.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^However, a lot of NF men seem to say something along the lines of "I act more like an NT than an NF so that I can get by in life", so I'm not sure this argument would hold true in practice.

I am honestly not sure if I have ever met an NF man IRL. Most likely I have, but probably a lot of them are disguising themselves fairly well...and I guess there aren't huge numbers to begin with.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say Fidelia. She's like a queen. Dignified, poised, esteemed. Over time. Tested strong.

I know, why not make a poll with members names,. That will make everyone feel fantastic about themselves and i'm sure the voting would not reflect popularity bias either.

:thumbup:

:happy0065:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] maybe

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For a man to shed the socially accepted role of being an unemotional, ruthless, rational, unfeeling, duty bound, horny war machine one must go against a lot of peer pressure. And when one accepts one's inner empathy after defeating all those one would sincerely be more empathetic than a female I assumed.

Of course I am missing quite a few point on this. But this is the explanation that crosses my mind at the moment.

That makes sense. I'm not sure I agree that a male NF would necessarily be more empathetic than a female NF, but I don't necessarily agree that the reverse is true either.

^However, a lot of NF men seem to say something along the lines of "I act more like an NT than an NF so that I can get by in life", so I'm not sure this argument would hold true in practice.

I am honestly not sure if I have ever met an NF man IRL. Most likely I have, but probably a lot of them are disguising themselves fairly well...and I guess there aren't huge numbers to begin with.

I know two self-proclaimed NF males, who have both taken the official MBTI test and gotten that result. One, and INFP, is truly one of the most empathetic individuals I've ever met. The other, and ENFP, does not seem very empathetic to me at all and I would have pegged him for an NT, probably.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That makes sense. I'm not sure I agree that a male NF would necessarily be more empathetic than a female NF, but I don't necessarily agree that the reverse is true either.

I know two self-proclaimed NF males, who have both taken the official MBTI test and gotten that result. One, and INFP, is truly one of the most empathetic individuals I've ever met. The other, and ENFP, does not seem very empathetic to me at all and I would have pegged him for an NT, probably.

For possible NF males I've known I can only think of my ex, who seems like a likely INFP, but he could just as easily be ISFP and actually I think that is more likely. He could be very empathetic and I have very little doubt that he's an F, but he was also pretty self-absorbed - then again, he was quite young when we were together (early twenties). Hopefully he grew up a bit. :dry:

I also know a guy who apparently has tested as INFJ and I could see it as a possibility. He seemed quite empathetic, though sometimes a bit socially clueless (not that that would rule him out from being INFJ!). However, I'm not sure I ever knew him quite well enough, and I'm not that good at pegging people's types. I could see him as other INxx types as well.

Starry

[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] ftw.

I'm also going to say [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] although I don't know how well that translates in her posts. But if you know her you can see it quite plainly.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:fpalm: Shall we also do the smartest NT, the most honorable SJ, and the most fun-loving SP? How many more uncomfortable, stereotype-reinforcing, popularity contests can one forum have? Not enough apparently.

FWIW Avatar7, I do not believe this is your intent, I have no doubt you think very highly of certain NFs here, but I think this 'vote thread' is misguided.