• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Who's The Most Empathic NF On TC?

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
^^^^^^
I really did laugh out loud when I read this. :smile:

=======

I've got to say this thread just bugs me. No offense to [MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION] who I'm sure was just trying to stir up interesting conversation, but it smacks of.... well I'm not sure why this thread bugs me so much. I guess I just feel like people on this forum shouldn't be idolized. I must also note that I found it fascinating that such an overly sentimental thread would be started by an ENTP. I have considered if the whole thing were indeed a prank on us NFs by the NTs.
+1

I also laughed when I saw this thread...however I immediately thought of ENTP before clicking, their penchant for causing mischief; not doubting Avatar7's intent. Now I'm just waiting for someone a year from now taking this seriously and trying to compete for the title.

senza_tema: Try harder rebel.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*sorry, no matches, please try again*

(quietly leaves)

A

A window to the soul

The beautiful [MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION]

...that flies above the storm. <3

:boohoo:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I vote for zarathrusta.

Yeah, I initially read it as "most emphatic" too.

There are a lot of people here I consider empathic, but I wouldn’t know how to give one definitive answer to the op because “most” could mean a person’s empathy is spread the widest (tends to go to the greatest number of people, or is the most versatile/applies to wider variety of people), or runs the deepest (having tremendous empathy for select individuals), etc. Plus, there are ways of having empathy 'in theory' without demonstrating much in the practice of day to day living- I've known people who could issue profoundly compassionate insight without necessarily applying the same caliber of compassion to most individuals who crossed their path (and still others who feel immediate empathy with most people who cross their path, yet remain closed minded and apathetic about broader issues).

If I had to pick one, I’d agree with Evan and say fia. But there are too many different ways for empathy to manifest to really give one conclusive answer.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I initially read it as "most emphatic" too.

There are a lot of people here I consider empathic, but I wouldn’t know how to give one definitive answer to the op because “most” could mean a person’s empathy is spread the widest (tends to go to the greatest number of people, or is the most versatile/applies to wider variety of people), or runs the deepest (having tremendous empathy for select individuals), etc. Plus, there are ways of having empathy 'in theory' without demonstrating much in the practice of day to day living- I've known people who could issue profoundly compassionate insight without necessarily applying the same caliber of compassion to most individuals who crossed their path (and still others who feel immediate empathy with most people who cross their path, yet remain closed minded and apathetic about broader issues).

If I had to pick one, I’d agree with Evan and say fia. But there are too many different ways for empathy to manifest to really give one conclusive answer.

Yeah..'expressed empathy' vs. known...but known is dead unless expressed.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah..'expressed empathy' vs. known...but known is dead unless expressed.

Right. Because people behave exactly the same online as they do in real life?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right. Because people behave exactly the same online as they do in real life?

:fpalm: Shall we also do the smartest NT, the most honorable SJ, and the most fun-loving SP? How many more uncomfortable, stereotype-reinforcing, popularity contests can one forum have? Not enough apparently.

FWIW Avatar7, I do not believe this is your intent, I have no doubt you think very highly of certain NFs here, but I think this 'vote thread' is misguided.

Ohh, you mean, 'I'm so wanting to try and find out what fear(s) or weakness you might have so I can try and get under your skin'.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Feigning ignorance in public discourse to try and appear innocent to garner public favor.

Dude, I'm sorry you obviously feel the way you do, but can you take the narcissism over to another thread perhaps. That's really not what this thread is about.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feigning ignorance in public discourse to try and appear innocent to garner public favor.
Dude, take the narcissism over to another thread perhaps. That's really not what this thread is about.

Clearly you're upset that I dislike the thread idea, but it is possible (and in fact true) that I don't think it is a good idea and it has nothing to do with my ego, your reputation, or the nice peole in this thread.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly you're upset that I dislike the thread idea, but it is possible (and in fact true) that I don't think it is a good idea and it has nothing to do with my ego, your reputation, or the nice peole in this thread.

No, I just know when someone's trying to throw stones.

Anyway, I've said all I'm going to about this.

It's a healthy thread and it's meant to stay that way.

A

Anew Leaf

I have been waiting and waiting for someone to create the ‘Who is the most adorable, *sparkly*, charming ENFP 7w6 (that actually comes across like an INFP 4w5 on the internet)’ thread…because I’m going to blow that one out of the water.

[not to be confused with the ‘Who is the most adorable, *sparkly*, charming INFP 4w5 (that actually comes across like an ENFP 7w6 on the internet)’ thread. That one would go to [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION].

:wub:

I concur on both points.

:hug:

Well, I got mentioned and that is all that matters.

/Thread :coffee:

P.S. I would also like to nominate [MENTION=13147]senza_tema[/MENTION] because she is awesome and fun and super sweet but has a sharp tang of snark that is irresistable.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I just know when someone's trying to throw stones.

Okay brother, keep your teddy bear. Clearly you're determined to pretend that I'm the one being emo and unreasonable.

G

garbage

To be fair, iwakar gained my favor when she first stated her opinion of the thread, was civil with respect to the thread's intent, and made it clear that she in no way intended to make it about throwing stones at you.

And, to be clear, I'm not trying to throw stones either :hug:

This post with its apparent aversion to clear decisions made me laugh. Let me imagine how it came about:

Also: I will freely admit to often overanalyzing the hell out of inconsequential things in exactly the manner you describe.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do NTs get an exceptional price as well ?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why has no one mentioned me yet!? :cry: /drama