• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfps..what do you think about?

ladyISTP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
i haven't been able to find this post, but i'm very curious. what kind of thoughts go through your head?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because this is a hard question to answer, I decided to give it a shot. Here are the sorts of things that go through my mind on a daily basis. I think a lot of my thoughts on people and my relationship are subverbal, I don't think so much on those, they're more felt.

What's for lunch, what am I going to on my free day, what color shoud I paint my walls? Should I get over and talk to so-and-so today?
What kind of parts would I need to make a small robot to jet under the office cubicle walls, and how could it best be navigated?
Where the hell does a person buy a hat like that guy is wearing?
I've heard 3 people use the same odd phrase within the week. How could those 3 people using that phrase be connected?
What are the parallels between the beginnings of the game industry to other non tech industries?
What assumptions do I made about bald people.
What do I hear when I stop my thoughts?
[Observations about non-vebal, non visual thoughts]
[Observations and plans on self mental attitude manipulation/expirmentation]

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope to come back as an enfp in my next life! :)

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
Sadly, because of the way we operate, I believe you get to hear all of our thoughts. haha.

Mostly judging process. Inner Feeling. In a conversation with someone else its always what are they thinking? What are they feeling?

On my own its tommorow. What am I going to do? What can I do? What can I create? What would be fun? What could I do with the people I care about?

and lots and lots of daydreams.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I often think about what-I-am thinking. hahaha.
My most conscious thought is really funny because I'm aware that I'm thinking it every day. And it happens every day. There are a lot of doors in my workplace and as I walk into work I think about the straightest lines from outside to certain places in the building. "If Liz enters through that door and takes a left and I enter through that door and take a right, who would land at this office first? Who would land at that office first?? Who would land at this nurses station first? The dining room first?" (Etc.) But now that's just a silly head conversation that is mandatory because I'm hyper aware that I have that same conversation (different doors) every day while walking to work. (I noticed it when someone asked how I beat them in when parking farther away and I said "I took the straightest line" (and they looked at me like I had 9 heads). So now it's like an inside joke with myself.

Anyway, in general-
Lately I've been thinking about my own mood state a lot because I'm having mood troubles, so it's applicable, but that's not the "norm" I guess. General physical health tends to run in the background a lot. "Now I should take this vitamin and eat that vegetable and go to this class and do that exercise" etc.
Things that I should be doing always run around in the background of my head but then sometimes I'll impulsively act out one of those actions like, I'll be wandering around in a daydreamey, phone calley, wandery, smiley state (normal) and then all of a sudden I'll be like "I'M GOING TO DO THE DISHES!!!" (for some reason the dishes have their own little annoying place in my mind.)

There's a large section for sillyness and randomness and funny images and made up stories. Sometimes the made up images can turn bad though. "WHAT'S THAT SOUND?" (thinks of what the sound could be for a second, flipping through the pages of possibilities) "oh my gosh! there's a rat the size of a skunk in my ceiling!" (Shuts the door.) "It would be fun to just put ziplines all through a big city. Glowing bright ziplines called the "shooting star transport" where someone could travel all around the city from building to building!" "Wouldn't my life be funnier as a cartoon?" "I want to go to Whitney Houston's funeral, or any famous person's funeral, and meet all their friends and see how their funerals are different from funerals in my family!" Sometimes before sleep the images get super vivid and I like to specifically watch them like a movie... I think people should do this more, as it seems to pop out without any conscious effort. (Scary demons swirling around in tornadoes and stuff.) Stuff in waking tends to be more related back to something else I was thinking about but stuff before sleep can be really wild, vivid, and random.
A large section of my brain that gets curious and fascinated about the internet once the section of my brain that talks about things I should be doing gets too loud. Wikipedia, youtube, and anything else that is GUARANTEED hours of seeing and learning anything but what relates to my life.
PEOPLE!!!! people, people, people. What are they thinking? What do they think about me? What kind of lives do they lead? What are their goals and hopes and dreams? My friends and family.
Fun things I could do sometime. (I randomly act on those sometimes too but they tend to loom in the background overall.) "I'm doing the dishes and then I'm going to visit my elderly neighbor in rehab with my dog!!) (Drives past the rehab and decides to be at the beach taking pictures.)
A section for more academic topics- Specifically neuroscience. Psychology is starting to sound like a lot of guesswork or common sense, but neuroscience has a lot of answers that we're not really sure of yet. Some short online lectures or amazon books on the topic are perfect as I tend to like to litter it throughout my day without diving into it heavily. I like physics but tend to only like it for my own personal humor purposes. New topics on the web. Medical stuff.
Religion, spirituality, "I should go to church more. I wonder what drives people to go to church so much. It has to be external. I'm like, 'yay! I went to church. Then I'm like, 'wait, God wants me to do this every week? " :(

Section for reminiscing and vivid memories.
Lots and lots of anxiety about stuff when I get into more negative cycles.

I think this is turning out to be a wall of text. It's hard to quantify everything on my mind completely, as I'm sure it is for everyone else. It usually turns out to be a big mix/ mush or recombination of a lot of these things, though then I become aware of similar and circular thoughts and motivations so end up being somewhat spontaneous and vary it sometimes due to boredom with myself or my own perspective.

(Aka- 'who would I be if there was no internet? who would I be if there was no people? who would I be if there was no music? who would I be if there were no books?') All external things that vary my thoughts greatly. (I decided with out anything I would be like that main character "Powder" from the movie "Powder") Or without something I may replace it with something else external. Or perhaps I would become more linear and motivated and powerful and less inclined to be lazy and be concerned with "Everything Else." Or maybe I could just be in Africa carrying my own water around and hoping for a break.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
things like i wonder if i could turn that stair case into a slide...and what if i could set all my lights up on a dimmer that changed color and matched the mood of my music automatically...i'd also really like all my walls to be on sliders and furniture to be on wheels....and a sleeping loft that was open to the night sky and i might need a koi pond indoors also...and i wonder if this spot would be a good place for a shoot...what if i used this headband i saw at this place and that tutu from this one oh and those cute lil paper umbrellas hanging from a tree and this quit and those pillows and i hope this space works out for a studio i could do this with it and that...oh and what if i covered my light with this orange plastic clipboard...that might be cool behind them on the traintracks...and isn't it interesting that this person has the exact same personality as that person...how does that even happen? i've noticed this before...it's like a stock personality and this person has that one and i've seen this other one before...how does it happen? same life experiences? upbringing? i wonder if anyone has had that experience with me...i wonder if someone who knew these two people that i know would think the same thing...do other people think about this stuff? i wonder if i would be different if i lived here...instead of there or...what if my mom hadn't miscarried those two boys...would i still be here at all? would i be different? i wonder if we're meant to meet the people we meet or if it's all just random....am i supposed to be here doing what i'm doing right now? or would i be just as happy doing something else somewhere else? it's funny how one little decision puts you on a completely different path...or...if there are paths you're destined to take would they all lead to the same place with the journey only varying slightly?

etc etc...it goes on non stop

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha just read yours sns...i see the similarities...awesome!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ha just read yours sns...i see the similarities...awesome!

Haha, the similarities are funny, ideas are a given. But the Fi ones are even funnier.
"Who would I be if...?
"Do other people think like this?"

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
Haha. I think perhaps you're getting a misrepresentation here. You said you wonder what we think about and your response was, "It's all CandyCane Slides in our Brains! WOOO!!!"

In my experience it hasn't been that way at all. Not that I sit around being negative. But being an ENFP is difficult. Often times its frustrating. Constantly its frightening. Its not all Unicorns riding rocketship penguins to distant planets made out of bunnies with cotton candy rings.

With inspiration there is racing thoughts. Elation, we're all talking our idea's outloud to somebody else and waiting for our House like epiphany. But without that inspiration its like you're sitting around hopelessly waiting for your next fix. But it isn't a drug. It isn't something that we can just find. You never know what it will be. A song, a movie, a statement. A person.

Facts are annoying. They're there. But you can't always reach them when you want them. Have to find something else to lead into them. I think this generally leads to our greatest fears. Our biggest weakness. Its hard to know what you do well when what you do well is mediate. What you do well is build relationships. Its long term and you can't just say that you did it.

But boredom is the worst. I think that is the point of the daydreams perhaps. Anything to escape boring reality. Boredom is the worst. You're not inspired. Your thoughts aren't racing.

Problem solving is my favorite. We have so many mental tools to deal with difficult situations. Your racing thoughts, that multi-tasking is finally a boon. But then the opposite is worse. When you don't have the opportunity to deal with something. Then it just feels like obsessiveness. Anxiety and thousands of little mental loops as your Intuition, your strongest gift, tuirns against you. Its a terrifying tool in the wrong hands.

I apologize for the broken statements.

And INFP's are beautiful people. The majority of my best, my beloved friends are this type. You are a brilliant, wonderful people. You shouldn't want to change.

A

Anew Leaf

Haha, the similarities are funny, ideas are a given. But the Fi ones are even funnier.
"Who would I be if...?
"Do other people think like this?"

my biggest surprise in life has been "wait... other people DONT think like this?" :thinking:

growing up in an all NP household has it's drawbacks... at times.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
my biggest surprise in life has been "wait... other people DONT think like this?" :thinking:

growing up in an all NP household has it's drawbacks... at times.

Dude an NP household sounds awesome. Would be so much fun!

I know what you mean though, I used to think that everyone else thought this way too. That lead to a lot of projection and assumptions. It left a lot of people going 'wtf? When did I say that?' or 'where did that come from?'.

G

garbage

This is a difficult question to answer, since I'm pretty much everywhere.

Not gonna lie - a decent chunk of my thoughts are focused on where I fit in, how things affect me, and (as [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION] says) how I think. But I see commonality with most everyone and everything, and those thoughts are extremely broad and considerate of others.

So, less 'selfishness' and more 'realizing fundamental truths experientially.'

These truths, as I see them, guide absolutely everything else for me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aww, I was hoping for more responses in this thread! I'm inclined to flood the ispy with the same thread for all types. I love this topic.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think about what i'm doing with my life; where i'm going, and how i'm going to get there.

In my free time, I have a million ideas for projects that I know i'm never going to get around to. My most complete idea is for an entire fantasy setting I've been working on since I was about 8 years old which I've gotten numerous friends to give input and help build with me. Whether I'm going to use this fantasy world in a book, videogame, tabletop rpg, or whatever else is totally up to me to decide once I find a direction to put my mind to that I can follow through with.

I used to start little projects all the time, but didn't finish any of them. I've learned to curb that urge, so now if I'm going to put my effort and energy into something creative, I try to go for the long haul. Getting other people interested is a good method of keeping yourself in line, because you create your own peer pressure to keep you going.