• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] If INFP's ruled the WORLD

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
External changes are never lasting. True change can only come from within. Each person has to want to change for themselves. One can help a person who wants to heal, change, grow etc, but one cannot force growth on the mass of the people.

I see truth in this. I will keep it in mind! u__u

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Peace, but a lot of sadness would come with it. I don't think it would fun 24/7.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If INFPs ruled the world, there would be battle between the lightside and darkside INFPs which would bring about the end of days and then people would see Revelations as light reading by comparison... Only the other types keep us in check! ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If INFPs ruled the world, there would be battle between the lightside and darkside INFPs which would bring about the end of days and then people would see Revelations as light reading by comparison... Only the other types keep us in check! ;)

*hides lightsaber*

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
The Council is hidden in the mountains and guarded by all sorts of flying creatures. The cave leads into The Hall of Light which is followed by The Hall of Shadow. Candles and computer screens everywhere. Communication is based on e-mail, except for The Gathering of the Clans. Every tenth year the leaders of all the clans come to the mountain. They make The Just in Case Sacrifice for whatever god they believe in. They proceed to the white hall and they are scanned for weapons of steel. They enter the black hall and are scanned for weapons of mind. The Feast starts. Vegetarian food is the standard, but if you are man enough to kill the beast, you may have a barbecue.

In the valley people live in peace and prosperity. Everything is green and animals run free. All food is grown within walking distance. Farmers are respected highly. People trust their rulers since the rulers are not paid any money. They have free food and accommodation, but no luxuries. They call their job a Calling. Aside of farming, this village produces excellent carpentry and is well known across the region. Life is not easy, but it is honest and no one lives in poverty, since everyone knows that they will not survive alone.

Way up in north there is a weather and space station. It is one of the few places not self-sufficient. As the weather is cold and the land covered in snow all year the underground train supplies the station. To keep costs to minimum it is mostly automated. The reason for the station is to warn of any major weather patterns or possible threats from space. The equipment can be used for scientific purposes but it isn't the main objective.

Quite soon after The Government of Wisdom took over the overpopulation needed to be dealt with. There was many plans, but finally the most simple plan won. Everyone willing to take his own life was given The Pill of Martyrdom. The martyrs' families were compensated with tax cuts for the next five years. The plan wasn't perfect and there was starvation in regular families since their taxes were higher. Eventually The Sacrificial Families were treated like royals but to keep their status they had to pay high price. Some families developed incredible stories about the afterlife of the martyr, some gave the soon-to-be-martyred a life of a party for many years before the pill. Some of the greatest artists of the era were Martyrs. You have probably heard of the saying, "To rock like a dying man". It's supposed to be what Rob McNail's wife said of his late husband after he took the pill. Rob was at the studio making his last album "Breath" and as the last solo was about to be recorded he took the pill, glass of water and played like you never heard him play before. The guitar hit the ground, followed by Rob. His last words we're "Did you get it?", which also ended up the name of the song since no one could remember if he had named it before.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
if any single type ruled the world we would be screwed

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
External changes are never lasting. True change can only come from within. Each person has to want to change for themselves. One can help a person who wants to heal, change, grow etc, but one cannot force growth on the mass of the people.
sorry for the double quote but this one of my general philosophies that i follow

if you can change one person for the better, then that change can grow exponentially

Lizzy1813

MBTI Type
ENFP
INFPs ruling the world...Yeah, it'd be happy sometimes, and maybe even most of the time...but, at least in my experience, there would be many dark moods too where all those governed would need to take cover or get mowed over! :peepwall:

Also, my INFP bud is extremely indecicive (as am I...) and we can't ever get things decided when we're together! I would rather be ruled by someone who can make a choice without having to rock-paper-scissor it out!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well...I find that we don't really do a lot..and by we, I'm including myself, and though it may just be me, I feel like we don't do a lot, or that we aren't strong activists, like a lot of people think we are. I know, I myself, am not one to go out and support the cause. It's like Jude from Across the Universe, and how Lucy wants him to go support the cause, and he sings the song "revolution"

-You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're doing what we can
But when you want money
for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
Don't you know it's gonna be all right.

Now I'm not completely sure that people will draw the connection between the song and what I am saying, but it makes sense to me :p

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
We're not strong activists either. It is interesting you chose across the Universe. Lennon was an INFP :). It is quite similar to his other statements too. He didn't really rush to the front of the rally and say they are all evil, evil war etc. He just threw things in like "war is over, if you want it." and "all we are saying is give peace a chance". We aren't really dramatised.

On the topic, if INFPs ruled the world, I'd throw a huge party!!! :party2:

And I'd get a job as a thinker, and let all the organised driven types do the work, while I came up with the ideas.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Instead of the government writing non-binding resolutions, they will write non-binding poems.

The INFP rulers would hoard all of the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medicine for themselves.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
But when you want money
for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
Don't you know it's gonna be all right.

Now I'm not completely sure that people will draw the connection between the song and what I am saying, but it makes sense to me :p

Yeah, I get it. This is very close to my kind of thinking. There is a line I don't want to cross when it comes to changing the world. You know, I offered a vegetarian a candy and she took it, read the package and spit it out as she realized that there is some incredibly small amount of animal in it. And then there are the environmentalists who would go freakin nuts if you borrow a car to make your day easier just this time and then they fly to oslo to join a protest. :doh:

If I ever be as enthusiastic (read: paranoid and hateful) about anything, please slap me.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Think of old wise chiefs of villages, towns, and temples. It would take some time to organize the people, but it can be done. We would be like a benevolent emperor who would find a just and sensible way for someone to learn the error of their ways and disputes. Other types would marvel at such a humane wisdom and would allow the continued rule of one such as thus. It would just take some training to give INFP's time to learn against their more darker tendencies, which are caused by the society they live in. In a peaceful environment, where INFP is revered, we would want to live up to those expectations as best as possible.

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
No way. INFPs hold grudges, and when cornered will bite. The INFP-ruled world would rapidly devolve into cliques and rival factions, which would never actually wage war, but would secretly *hate* each other.

What type doens't hold grudges every now and then, and what type doesn't bite when cornered? We all do.

This is what I meant by 'vindictive.' An INFP-ruled world would have to agree on everything all the time to even function, and practically, that's impossible.

Well, I believe that on the contrary, NFPs are more prone to respect and endorse diversity. I might be wrong though.

Okay, okay... thanks for the clarification.

Well, whether it could happen or not, the world would quickly devolve into chaos, factions and groups fighting for ideological charges. Maybe not physically, but definitely terrible political, religious, and social struggles. Unforgiving, unrelenting... a veritable Hell on earth.

Isn't big part of the world already just like that nowadays?

I expect it would only be a matter of time before the INFPs come up with some sort of religion that says if dissenters are burned to death, they are transported to magical fairy lands where they will become normal and good (i.e., like the INFPs).

Naturally, the INFPs would take no part in the actual executions. They'd be too busy enjoying the fruits of their caste system.

A religion that slaughter people deliberately? By INFPs, are you sure? :D

Eh. Every INFP I know sucks at schedules and has turned at least one paper in a whole year late. Bar none.

That's me. Luckily I have my INTJ buds to keep me on track.

Since, deep down, all INFPs are conspiracy nuts, they'd probably start suspecting themselves of paranormal corruption and commit suicide to save the planet.

That's funny. But I think INFJs are more prone to be conspiracy nuts than us. :D

I'm sure an INFP could be a very capable leader in the world as it exists today. They would have a unique set of gifts and struggles and like any other leader, would likely be most effective gathering those around them who would complement their strengths and supplement those areas where they may have weakness.

However, I imagine an INFP best suited to a world of peaceful anarchy as defined below:

"A theoretical social state in which there is no governing person or body of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."

Anarchy

Which of course would mean no INFP leader, as there would be no leaders at all.

I think an INFP's most effective leadership might come from envisioning a populace mature enough to conduct themselves with the same loving consideration for their fellow human as is had for self and striving as best they are able within the constraints of current society to live that vision.

:worthy:

Last edited:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Too crazy. Need some stability, people can't be that emotionally intense all the time. Disputes happen. A LOT. I don't know if such a world could handle it.