• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] If INFP's ruled the WORLD

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, an enlightened anarchy is this INFP's political ideal.

cheers,
Ian

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
There would be a hell of a lot of agonizing and soul-searching over whether we had a right to rule over other types, and what we should do with our power. Do we have the right to force people to comply with our vision of the way the world should be run? What if we're wrong, after all? Or do we have a responsibility to force people to comply with our vision of the way the world should be run? How, in fact, should the world be run? How should we order the priorities of our rulership? Is overpopulation a more pressing problem than climate-change, for instance? When did we become so preoccupied with power, anyway? Do we really want to rule? Is this who we are? Did those ENTJs really just tell us that we're fucking up the planet with our indecision?! Don't they realize that these decisions are fucking monumental and can't be rushed into? Can't they see that we're fucking trying? They did it again! Off with their heads! OMG you cut all their heads off! And we told you to do it! What have we done?? We are unfit to rule! We are hopelessly corrupt and have become everything we thought we hated! We're monsters! We must be stopped!

Okay, maybe not.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Think of Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes fame - how would he rule the world? Megalomania, dinosaurs, spaceships, dinosaurs IN spaceships, spacechips for the hungrier dinosaurs, muchos-ordering-of-xNTPs to invent a working transmogrifier to satisfy the Godzilla/Mothra instincts... I WANT TO CRUSH BUILDINGS after they've been safely evacuated and all objects of sentimental value removed, random unbidden romances with unwilling NTs, GROS(insert-something-beginning-or-ending-with-S-here) clubs and no baths for kids who don't want 'em. Until they're too smelly, at which point, water hose fights and mass sprinkler parties for all! And everyone would be forced to look at cuteoverload until world peace has been achieved.

Then after it all collapses in a giant heap among the smoking Gozilla-footprint-shaped ruins, there would be a quiet handover to the TJs to fix the whole thing up so we can DESTROY IT ALL OVER AGAIN. MWA HA HA HA!!

Sorry, I just finished reading a Calvin and Hobbes collection. To be more serious, I agree with Tovlo.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I say keep your silly world, the one in my head is so much more pleasant and entertaining.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I've noticed that INTPs in particular seem to have difficulty distinguishing between these two functions.

Ok then. There would be a local therapist and massage parlor at every corner than. Weeping benches every block and a local Happy Times.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't mean to offend. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not wanted. I knew I shouldn't have wandered into the Idyllic. I definitely do not belong here.

And... 'sound logic'? Lol. What a joke. INTJs have none of that.

Then again, I'd rather have a world ruled by INFPs than INTJs, for what it's worth. INTJs have the bad habit of pissing people off (as seen here). That would mean war sparking everywhere. INFPs, even if they disagree, would likely not war, at least not so overtly...

No, no, feel free to wander over any time. Yes, that was meant to be a joke. I just had to write that eventually. No, it's actually not a feel-good thread. It also doesn't seem to be serious.

On a similar note (you can put this in another thread if you want) in terms of 'feel-good' threads, both extraverted judgement processes have what I like to call an "Amen-chorus" quality about them (I'll come up with a more positive-charactarizing word sometime). Which does NOT mean that these processes are inherently conformist, but does mean that they both evoke what is commonly agreed upon or readily apparent.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Hug stations at every corner.

*shudder*

Oh c'mon, you know you want some. :hug:

Think of Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes fame -

I'm thinking more like David Banner - "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" - mild-mannered INFPs get their buttons pushed and go on shadow-Te-fueled rampages. Destroying everything in sight now; much remorse and teeth-gnashing, Ben & Jerry's slurping, bad poetry purging later.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've noticed that INTPs in particular seem to have difficulty distinguishing between these two functions.

Good observation. That's because either 1) For real INTPs, it all looks like feeling 2) Many "INTPs" clearly prefer extraverted thinking and are NOT INTPs. For those people, I think it's a way for them to deny their own extraverted thinking, because of course introverted thinking sounds much cooler to some people. It's amusing, actually. Also, real INTJs seem to want to be most known for thier auxiliary function, so they often report as INTPs.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
On a similar note (you can put this in another thread if you want) in terms of 'feel-good' threads, both extraverted judgement processes have what I like to call an "Amen-chorus" quality about them (I'll come up with a more positive-charactarizing word sometime). Which does NOT mean that these processes are inherently conformist, but does mean that they both evoke what is commonly agreed upon or readily apparent.

I have not noticed this.

Then again, I'm usually too busy arguing on all fronts to receive enough of an amen chorus. Or maybe it's because my opinions just differ. I've noticed on the INFP-gc forum that there's quite a bit of amen-chorusing, even though extraverted rational functions should be their weakest point.

I think what I see here is that Ps are more likely to allow other people to disagree. Js are not. Thus, if they do agree on something, you get your 'amen-chorus'. I guess it's just that I find a lot of INFPs that happen to agree.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
:yay:
In my opinion, the world ruled by INFP's = Peace on Earth! :thumbup:
Well, much better than we're doing now, wouldn't it?

Who wouldn't agree?? What do you guys think?

I believe another INFP beat you to this hypothetical question. However given his wayward ideas, I don't believe he was looking for peace. As I remember it, he had prepared a hierarchy of types to run his kingdom like this...

The King: People like these are the prophets of the peace doctrines. They have introspected a great deal and know the great answer to our depression.
INFP

Social Perfectionist Role Models
: People like these show other types the truth to living. Their way of living has a positive effect on everyone. They have principle and ideas that they live up to.
ESTJ
ISTJ
INFJ

Social Organizers: People like these do the same as above, but are not as good. They are good at bringing people together.
ESFJ
ISFJ

Producers of Joy
: People like these make happiness through their music, art, sports, and movies. They make up a fundamental part of our joy in life.
ESFP
ESTP
ISFP
ISTP

Comfort Servants: People like these are self centered and manipulative. They should not be able to have positions of power. Instead they make good prostitutes.
ENFP
ENFJ

Slave Overseers: These people are not quite as dangerous. There job is to put the slaves in their place if necessary. They have extroversion which shows that they care a little about society.
ENTJ
ENTP

Dirty Labor Slaves
: These people and their dangerous ideas are a threat to everyone. They should be demoted to slave labor and any other undesirable trade. They are the most uncaring of society and are avatars of greed and selfishness.
INTJ
INTP

Well that's a taste of what's to come. I'm not quite sure if the INFP was half joking, but he was serious in his discussion about this. I am at a mistrust over the INFPs hypothetical competence because of this. Sure, they may understand how to solve our problem through feeling and not over rely on cold business or science, but an uprising will occur if they rule.

I will be the first to create a local chapter bent on dropping INFPs from their position as oracles of humanity. They will be put in their place again as great poets, novelist, essayist, artist, sculptor, teachers, and ect. I think this is one of the safest ways that they can influence humanity through their ideas. Why do they need to be in power anyway? They will only be seduced and corrupted by it.

heart

heart on fire
That website Electric quotes is obviously a joke and sounded more like a tongue in cheek INTx, who probably got burned by some INFP romantically or works with one he cannot stand or has a INFP parent.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i knew this INFP who liked to go out to the beach strip and "dance the night away" to those outside bands

me and him had a falling out early 2007, and haven't spoken since

so, i tend to view INFP with a bit more scrutiny

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
but for #1, there would probably be a whole helluva lots more flowers

lol!

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I don't want to rule the world. I didn't make this mess, why should I clean it up? External changes never last anyway. External control is futile at creating lasting change. People have to clean their own houses first.

That's interesting. In my opinion, one of INFP's primary roles -- in the grand scheme of humanity -- is to "clean up." We're a humanitarian type; we're ~*~supposed*~* to heal the sick and forgive people.

heart

heart on fire
That's interesting. In my opinion, one of INFP's primary roles -- in the grand scheme of humanity -- is to "clean up." We're a humanitarian type; we're ~*~supposed*~* to heal the sick and forgive people.

But only on one to one basis and those who are open to it of their free will, never group movements. I find this whole idea of global goverance and mass group action :sick:

I can understand and have empathy but forgiveness? Do I need to forgive others as a blanket idea? I don't think so. Each situation and person is different.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
But only on one to one basis and those who are open to it of their free will, never group movements. I find this whole idea of global goverance and mass group action :sick:

I can understand and have empathy but forgiveness? Do I need to forgive others as a blanket idea? I don't think so. Each situation and person is different.

Hm, I guess you're right about forgiveness. I don't think that I can, however, disconnect my self from wanting to help others globally.

To each his/her own, I suppose.

heart

heart on fire
Hm, I guess you're right about forgiveness. I don't think that I can, however, disconnect my self from wanting to help others globally.

To each his/her own, I suppose.

External changes are never lasting. True change can only come from within. Each person has to want to change for themselves. One can help a person who wants to heal, change, grow etc, but one cannot force growth on the mass of the people.