• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFPs & Change

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Anyone feel like they resist change? Under what circumstances do you embrace or retreat from it?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm.. I've always felt that change is my thing. I make it happen. There are definitely things I value and want to remain, but that doesn't have anything to do with the principal of change itself. I'm interested in hearing other answers. Maybe I'm missing something about myself here.

Burger King

I always say I want change. Something new for once. But when change arrives, it scares me.

G

Ginkgo

Anyone feel like they resist change? Under what circumstances do you embrace or retreat from it?

More often than not, change seems good to me. Of course I resist change. Every time someone takes my money, I resist. When it's too cold, I resist. However, necessity compels me even if I don't like a shift in my environment, and I work for a change I enjoy. Always. Kind of a silly question if you ask me. The kind of change that Fi and Ne tends to evoke in the mind is really microscopic in effect compared to the overall need to survive and thrive through change and conservation.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I go back and forth about this!

I am very tolerant of having routine, in fact, I probably gravitate toward it for security. But then I will immediately tire of the routine and want a change. It is a delicate balance.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It depends and it's a little obvious... If I like the change, I'm receptive to it and happy that that will change. If I don't like the change, I just resist it...
If something is changing to get more confortable, easier, closer to someone I like, farther from someone I don't like, to do something I like doing, etc, I embrace it. If it's the opposite, I resist it. I may also change my point of view (due to reasoning, thinking or someone convincing me) and change from embracing to resisting and vice-versa...

Last edited:
G

garbage

When things are stable, it makes me question the stability. It's much easier for me to start processes from scratch rather than use existing ones.

I ask myself questions constantly: Why do we have the traditions we have? Why does such-and-such a rule exist? What foundations have I rested myself upon--and should I have done so?

Sometimes, things need to be broken so that they can be built up even stronger.

Mia.

I fully embrace and even actively pursue change in all but the most core areas (i.e. elementary constants directly tied to established Fi values.)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I don't mind change. I like routine, as long as there's enough stimuli within that routine to keep me interested. With the existence of the internet, I would say that I may never get bored of my routine now. Big change can be scary, but also exciting, so I'm kinda neutral about it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like change a whole lot...i tend to constantly want to improve things. however...i often order the same things when i go to certain restaurants. which seems a bit odd for 7 maybe but i'm almost...nostalgic about it...like i'm recreating fond memories or something.