• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ self esteem help

elephantcaviar

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hi, I'm new to typology central :hi: and really liking what I have seen so far! So I thought I would give posting a try; I have a question and was wondering if any NFs, particularly NFJs, could help me out.

Here's the situation:
I have a really close friend who is ENFJ. He has pretty low self-esteem, not crippling, but he still seems to struggle with depression a lot. I asked him to tell me some things he likes about himself and he couldn't think of any positives.

help me out oh wise NFs! What do you find encouraging? what helps you create healthy self esteem?

Last edited:

elephantcaviar

MBTI Type
ISFP
Or if anyone can point me to a good thread about NFs and self esteem? I would appreciate it! :p

G

Glycerine

A little encouragement and motivation might help but he's got to figure it out on his own after a certain point.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
It might help to encourage him to cultivate his hobbies, or go shopping/do things for himself. I've been in kind of a funk for a while and just making a few doctors/dentist appointments that I had been procrastinating on did wonders for my mood and outlook.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope this helps

personally being ENFJ , it helps ALOT when people praise me for what I`m good at or mention my unique characteristics. another thing is adventure or new things that gets him out of his comfort zone ; ENFJs like the feeling of being needed and accomplishment it boosts their self esteem .
:thinking: and maybe it would be better to spend some fun time away from people who make him feel uncomfortable :unsure: ,and just with ones he truly love and feel confident around.
it needs good life experiments to build a strong confidence for an ENFJ.