• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Inspiration -how to?

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
OK So currently I am suffering from lack of inspiration therefore lack of motivation to do things. I am also at the cross-roads of my life- as in I need to make a decision on which country to live in, and Im all confused, since the possibilities for each choice are many!
So I need inspiration. Maybe even clarity.
How do I inspire myself? How do YOU Inspire yourself when you're stuck in a situation or have to make an important decision??
(Maybe Im mixing 2 topics- but there IS a correlation believe me, but I cant seem to articulate it)
:thinking:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well.......if you need a spark of light to show you which road is the way
go back to your basic motivations
return to a place where everything is as it is
like a park or meadow
a clean one, preferably
i go for walks at 12-2 am to de-gunk my psyche of others emotions and thoughts
since the night is so still and yet intricate
perhaps a place full of successful and happy people will define your success and joy

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
-I tell myself that I am wasting my time doing nothing and tell myself to do something. It works.
-I take a break from everything and enjoy some recreation or leisure, while I ponder the various things that go into making a good decision.
-Looking at all of the possibilities can be exhausting. Look at the practical possibilities and choose from them based on cost, distance, transportation, communication, and other conditions.
-Also consider the possibility of not moving to a new country.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
like a park or meadow
a clean one, preferably
perhaps a place full of successful and happy people will define your success and joy

What he said. Well.. nearly.. I quite like doing so in bright sunshine, too, as it lightens the mood.

Rasa

MBTI Type
INFP
Do something outside of your comfort zone, something that requires action rather than analysis. For example, if you're an urban type, camp overnight in the great outdoors. If you're a rural type, volunteer at a homeless shelter in the big bad city. Just make sure it's a real-life, first-hand, visceral experience--in this great Information Age, we live too much in the stories that others tell.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, in regards to the issue where you don't know which country to live in: Start making a list of the pros and cons of living in each. Seriously. It is much different to see it on paper than to let it float around in your head.

For clarity? Meditation.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The lack of motivation may be a side effect of stress. People can shut down when they're overwhelmed.

Here's what works for me: Shut out all emotion, get a paper and pen, and map out your options. Look at pros and cons. Make it as clear and simple as you can. Also write down your priorities, what's important to you, what you want to be and accomplish in the next X years (this is probably the hardest part). Find the strongest correlation, and make a decision. Invite trusted friends to your house and give them a power point presentation of your decision and how you got there. Wear a snappy suit. Ask for feedback. Then, reevaluate your decision, and make a final decision. As an ENFP, you'll probably start second guessing yourself and finding other things to take into account. That's fine; but this decision gets the benefit of the doubt. It should be right until proven wrong.

Hopefully, this will help you put things in perspective. The goal is to reap the benefits of an xSTJ, while remaining an ENFP.

Other than that, meditative repetitive activities can soothe the mind and aid the decision making process. My personal favorites: Practicing scales on the fiddle, yoga, crochet, and doodling.

Onwards and upwards my friend!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Go on a stroll outside... don't think that you have to accomplish anything, just go and observe things, people. Give in to the random impulses to do whatever (short of injuring yourself/other people of cause). It's okay to look silly... it helps for finding inspiration.

As to your decision about moving or not... yes try that pro and con list... or at least attempt at it. That helps get your thinking going. Then let it sit for a little bit and just pick one based on whichever feels right to you.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thank you all for the such great feedback. :) I appreciate it.

like a park or meadow
a clean one, preferably

Yes a place of purity where everything is balanced, truly does balance a person. I may actually go away on the weekend to such spot where I can just BE. Be one with nature, calm down and relax. Thanks for the idea! :)

-I tell myself that I am wasting my time doing nothing and tell myself to do something. It works.
-I take a break from everything and enjoy some recreation or leisure, while I ponder the various things that go into making a good decision.
-Looking at all of the possibilities can be exhausting. Look at the practical possibilities and choose from them based on cost, distance, transportation, communication, and other conditions.
-Also consider the possibility of not moving to a new country.
Yes sriv, Practical side of things help! I should focus on reducing my possibilities to actually what is achievable in the end. Good stuff. :)

What he said. Well.. nearly.. I quite like doing so in bright sunshine, too, as it lightens the mood.
Yes, sunshine works for me too. Preferably early morning, dawn.

Do something outside of your comfort zone, something that requires action rather than analysis. For example, if you're an urban type, camp overnight in the great outdoors. If you're a rural type, volunteer at a homeless shelter in the big bad city. Just make sure it's a real-life, first-hand, visceral experience--in this great Information Age, we live too much in the stories that others tell.
Yeah I havent tried that in a long time, Ive been in my comfort zone for quiet some time, maybe thats why im stressed because Im thinking of going out of my comfort zone. Yeah I may look into that. Thanks :)

Well, in regards to the issue where you don't know which country to live in: Start making a list of the pros and cons of living in each. Seriously. It is much different to see it on paper than to let it float around in your head.

For clarity? Meditation.
Lists always work for me! Yeah I should do that. Thanks :)

The lack of motivation may be a side effect of stress. People can shut down when they're overwhelmed.

Here's what works for me: Shut out all emotion, get a paper and pen, and map out your options. Look at pros and cons. Make it as clear and simple as you can. Also write down your priorities, what's important to you, what you want to be and accomplish in the next X years (this is probably the hardest part). Find the strongest correlation, and make a decision. Invite trusted friends to your house and give them a power point presentation of your decision and how you got there. Wear a snappy suit. Ask for feedback. Then, reevaluate your decision, and make a final decision. As an ENFP, you'll probably start second guessing yourself and finding other things to take into account. That's fine; but this decision gets the benefit of the doubt. It should be right until proven wrong.

Hopefully, this will help you put things in perspective. The goal is to reap the benefits of an xSTJ, while remaining an ENFP.

Other than that, meditative repetitive activities can soothe the mind and aid the decision making process. My personal favorites: Practicing scales on the fiddle, yoga, crochet, and doodling.

Onwards and upwards my friend!

Thanks dear for the heads up :) Great points pheonix. I think I really should write down things. Thats what i usually do when Im confused, it simplifies things.
I think at this point Im not comfortable involving friends, family etc, maybe I will use that at level 2 of the decision making, AFTER its been clarified in my own mind. Good suggestions. :)

Go on a stroll outside... don't think that you have to accomplish anything, just go and observe things, people. Give in to the random impulses to do whatever (short of injuring yourself/other people of cause). It's okay to look silly... it helps for finding inspiration.

As to your decision about moving or not... yes try that pro and con list... or at least attempt at it. That helps get your thinking going. Then let it sit for a little bit and just pick one based on whichever feels right to you.

Yes nighting, thanks. I will try to just BE and write down my thoughts too.
:)

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Usually, inspiration always comes from a person for me. A newcomer in my life or a spiritual experience with God. I'm motivated when I have a person to please or to conquer so to speak.