• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What would an Alpha INFJ male act like?

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or is there even such a thing?

noopept

Permabanned
Judgemental.

They can be very uppity and snobbish people, as sensitive as they are.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Judgemental.

They can be very uppity and snobbish people, as sensitive as they are.

Just a question for ya?? How do you view Alpha males overall?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've never met a truly Alpha INFJ male. But I've met one who tried to operate as if he were one. U-G-L-Y. Ugly indeed. Snobbish doesn't even begin to describe it.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe like an ENTJ? Just a guess though.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A sort of George Clooney, I'd guess (no, I'm not implying he is an INFJ). He'd probably not be very dominant though.

Starry

I have only known one 'confirmed' INFJ male in my lifetime... and he was not what I believe most people would consider an Alpha male. He did possess some of the characteristics described above though. Like he could kinda *switch/snap* and become very critical, judgmental of others, arrogant <--- but those aren't Alpha characteristics. They are more like 'I'm suddenly pissed that I'm NOT an Alpha' characteristics.

E

Epiphany

He would probably adopt a stage persona after realizing that his artistic pursuits wouldn't live up to his dreams, become bitter and impassioned with another ideal, seduce a nation into believing that he's a messiah and try to take over the world with an indoctrinated army under his command.

Should've stuck with painting.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have only known one 'confirmed' INFJ male in my lifetime... and he was not what I believe most people would consider an Alpha male. He did possess some of the characteristics described above though. Like he could kinda *switch/snap* and become very critical, judgmental of others, arrogant <--- but those aren't Alpha characteristics. They are more like 'I'm suddenly pissed that I'm NOT an Alpha' characteristics.

These characteristics can be "alpha" traits, particularly the arrogance. Absolutely.

He would probably adopt a stage persona after realizing that his artistic pursuits wouldn't live up to his dreams, become bitter and impassioned with another ideal, seduce a nation into believing that he's a messiah and try to take over the world with an indoctrinated army under his command.

Should've stuck with painting.

True story.

Starry

These characteristics can be "alpha" traits, particularly the arrogance. Absolutely.

I see what you’re saying.

[MENTION=1654]Evan[/MENTION] was on the right track – asking for a definition of ‘Alpha’ as our individual understandings of ‘what this is/means’ will differ. I guess when I think of an ‘Alpha male’ I imagine a gentleman that is extraordinarily confident…but not arrogant. Kinda like a big ball of sunshine. Maybe like Halla on the site if you are familiar with him? (the INFJ I mentioned above is nothing like Halla haha!) But again…I fully recognize that everyone’s definition will be different and now I am feeling I spoke to soon. I did give the INFJ I mentioned the ‘occasional badass’ label in a different thread…and so maybe he is an Alpha? (wow…that is a stretch in my mind haha!).

redacted

I just see INFJs having a tentativeness that's pretty contradictory to the general use of the term "alpha male". Even confident INFJs seem to be comfortable being in the background a bit.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
hitler1.jpg

Cmon, how could I not mention that

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see what you’re saying.

[MENTION=1654]Evan[/MENTION] was on the right track – asking for a definition of ‘Alpha’ as our individual understandings of ‘what this is/means’ will differ. I guess when I think of an ‘Alpha male’ I imagine a gentleman that is extraordinarily confident…but not arrogant. Kinda like a big ball of sunshine. Maybe like Halla on the site if you are familiar with him? (the INFJ I mentioned above is nothing like Halla haha!) But again…I fully recognize that everyone’s definition will be different and now I am feeling I spoke to soon. I did give the INFJ I mentioned the ‘occasional badass’ label in a different thread…and so maybe he is an Alpha? (wow…that is a stretch in my mind haha!).

No worries. In my definition, a calm, polite, appropriately assertive but genuinely respectful male is a "nice guy." However, others seem to feel that "nice guy" automatically denotes a certain weakness or lack of confidence, and therefore they seem to prefer the alpha stereotype...which so often involves aggression, rudeness, arrogance, and all manner of negativity that really doesn't appeal to me, personally.

hitler1.jpg

Cmon, how could I not mention that

Moniker beat you to it.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No worries. In my definition, a calm, polite, appropriately assertive but genuinely respectful male is a "nice guy." However, others seem to feel that "nice guy" automatically denotes a certain weakness or lack of confidence, and therefore they seem to prefer the alpha stereotype...which so often involves aggression, rudeness, arrogance, and all manner of negativity that really doesn't appeal to me, personally.

I think the bolded is an Alpha male. I say this because my father is an ENTJ Alpha, and he is one of the nicest, genuine people ever, but will get in someone's ass if they violate him.

Rude, critical and judgmental people I tend to see as weak and I always get the feeling that there is some huge pile of insecurity in them somewhere. That's how I view Hitler too. I'm really weirded out by him being classified as an Alpha male, as I really think he was just the perfect manipulator, Alpha not having much to do with it... *shrug* what do i know, and I don't have the credentials to be psycho-analyzing dead dudes.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So tired of this alpha garbage.. what would a 107 person be!!?! (keep in mind the average person is only 34 or 39, sometimes 51)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Quiet influence and leadership. Snobbishness doesn't work as Alpha at all. A quite leader can still have a lot fo influence.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe like this? What do you guys think?

[YOUTUBE="VZPtLNkCCxI"]INFJ male[/YOUTUBE]