• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I tricked an ENFP ;)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Your friend might not appreciate what you've done. :dry:
It's not nice to fool people and ENFP's I know (at least the one) is not very forgiving when notices somebody was playing a game with them. So watch out! :devil:

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think age should be a factor in this.

So in other words the person is 21 or under (or you'd use the age as an argument against age being a factor instead of what you think ought to be). Let me just say I disagree. Age definitely is a factor, especially for ENFP and being gullible. Sure you have older people believing in ghosts, but the likelihood of an ENFP doing so decreases rapidly from age 20 or so.

(Before age 20 tricking an ENFP is indeed a bit like taking candy from a baby though, as whatevs pointed out. :D)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Whatever your types may be, hopefully your friend will find out sooner rather than later how unbelievably boring you must be to concoct such a ridiculous scheme.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
See that's the thing with Ne combined with Fi, it may seem like my real feelings are expressed to everyone but it's not. I don't care about being superior because it has nothing to do with my purpose in life. Although I did accuse ENFPs of being susceptible, I am not intending this for a serious discussion. Also, I have SeFi so whatever I unconsciously or instinctively feel is localized to myself only. That's way different from your emotional understanding so don't be connecting or bullshitting things together about how I feel.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I don't care about being superior because it has nothing to do with my purpose in life. Although I did accuse ENFPs of being susceptible, I am not intending this for a serious discussion. Also, I have SeFi so whatever I unconsciously or instinctively feel is localized to myself only. That's way different from your emotional understanding so don't be connecting or bullshitting things together about how I feel.
I think it's safe to say we don't care how you feel and being superior has everything to do with who you are if you are indeed an entj.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Whatever your types may be, hopefully your friend will find out sooner rather than later how unbelievably boring you must be to concoct such a ridiculous scheme.

Ridiculous schemes are rarely boring. :D

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
I think it's safe to say we don't care how you feel and being superior has everything to do with who you are if you are indeed an entj.

Maybe you're correct on this one. I do like to be in the right. Of course, your perspective on this is a tad bit off. I'm getting you picture ENTJs as the stereotypical villainous business leaders who seek to enslave people under legal indentures and want to be gods. For example, Lex Luthor.Lex Luthor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

??

Lets ignore the MBTI for a second because so far this makes no sense.
This has less to do with MBTI than logic. Think about this way. Why would being superior to someone have any worth? I would find texting while driving a more worthy and enlightening experience.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Snip SNAP

Settle down Tiger.

I've never seen someone use cognitive functions to prove it's impossible to make observations about their observations?

Once you put an opinion or fact or post out there, i.e. "I tricked an ENFP", you're going to get people extrapolating observations and forming opinions about you. That's just kinda how (social) interaction works, and unfortunately no amount of stating "my internal workings exist only inside my head and are completely unobservable and not understandeable to the outside world according to MBTT" doesn't really cut it.

You seem very sensitive about someone possibly making 'incorrect observations' about how you feel or how your type functions, which is ironic considering this all leads back to your OP.

Also, considering there are several other members who've chimed in on what they think of your joke, maybe you should widen your diatribe re: "I'm not a bad person, you're just projecting onto me!" to the whole thread, instead of just me.

And I'm pretty sure people got that you meant this all as a big joke and were not taking it seriously, which I think is part of the reason you're getting the responses that you are.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Settle down Tiger.

I've never seen someone use cognitive functions to prove it's impossible to make observations about their observations?

Once you put an opinion or fact or post out there, i.e. "I tricked an ENFP", you're going to get people extrapolating observations and forming opinions about you. That's just kinda how (social) interaction works, and unfortunately no amount of stating "my internal workings exist only inside my head and are completely unobservable and not understandeable to the outside world according to MBTT" doesn't really cut it.

You seem very sensitive about someone possibly making 'incorrect observations' about how you feel or how your type functions, which is ironic considering this all leads back to your OP.

Also, considering there are several other members who've chimed in on what they think of your joke, maybe you should widen your diatribe re: "I'm not a bad person, you're just projecting onto me!" to the whole thread, instead of just me.

And I'm pretty sure people got that you meant this all as a big joke and were not taking it seriously, which I think is part of the reason you're getting the responses that you are.
....you are way too paranoid. All this negativity started with your post anyways. Might as well address the base of this discord than to address the rest. I'm pretty sure people after didn't bother reading the OP and skipped to your post as you seem more influential here...Consistency/support after is probably likely too. Your Ne leads you to way too many possibilities that you can bullshit a simple post to something dangerous. I'm pretty sure there are worse problem out there compared to my satire of ENFP...Perhaps if you're so committed to this argument, you could apply the same stamina to making lots of money or solving a social injustice? Then again, people do complain over almost everything despite how reasonable good or bad it is.

I use Jungian functions to point out different ways of looking at feeling. Not necessarily infer that it was impossible to make observations or that my feelings were undetectable. I just wanted to point out that the way you look at it is not the universal truth. It's like if a guy was genuinely happy and he cried. A person may perceive he is sad.

Now I'd like to debate this in a diplomatic way where we can both win, but it's difficult. Your seemingly unjustified anger is confusing the heck out of me especially over my trivial post. Perhaps this problem is associated/influenced by past perceived injustice or character flaws?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Your original post was kind of negative, IMO.

If you are in fact being satirical, wouldn't that mean that the story you relayed in the OP was fictitious, and not factually based?

So, please enlighten me.

What did you intend to convey in posting this thread?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
:doh:

Electric, are we even having the same conversation? I'm not angry at you or your post and at most I was annoyed at your tone and like I said originally I am always wary of posts that make blanket assumptions about type.

Considering almost every other poster so far has had a negative view of your prank, your post, and you, I think you have more important damage control to do than nitpick my posts.

I am seriously baffled by your reactions -- other members have called you immature, boring, and pathetic -- and these get no response from you. Yet you're gonna waste a paragraph trying to start an argument with me over your cognitive functions? And get indignant and single me out for getting "overly personal" and "angry"? What about the dude who threatened to punch you in the face?? And yeah, members who've called you and your prank out for being pathetic, boring, and immature. I mean....are you serious??? Where are your priorities man???? LOLZ.

Okay, this is actually starting to amuse me...and annoy me simultaneously. I'm in the thread Twilight Zone.

Obviously my good deed has not gone unpunished. I was actually doing you a courtesy by going the t-r-o-u-b-l-e of typing out my thoughts and reasoning to give you some perspective as to why people may have a negative reaction to your post. But, apparently you prefer pithy name calling? :huh:

Hey, it's all good. It's your thread so whatever floats your boat. ;)

Well, I'm done trying to dispense free advice here. I shall now gracefully wander over to greener pastures and dispense sage advice on metric versus english, voltage adaptation, maybe do a jig or you know, some other amusing ENFP trick.

BTW, FWIW (and any other acronyms) I do agree it's a matter of POVs, but as we don't even seem to be talking about the same thing (?) why stress about it. And, while I am flattered to hear you think so highly of me that I somehow influenced the tone of all the responses (step 2 to world domination complete!) dude, trust me, the disapproval people are expressing is their own honest reaction to your OP, not me. You are obviously not seeing any off-putting element in your OP but other people are. The only way I might have contributed to the responses you're getting is by bumping your thread for 5 minutes thereby allowing more people to read it and thus share their authentic responses. (Seriously, content wise my posts are really wordy, most people skim over them.) If it's any consolation to you, it's not a big deal. You're getting an unexpected reaction to your thread, it's a learning experience not a personal attack.

So in other words enjoy your thread and PEACE OOUUUUUT! :insert peace out sign here:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Blackmail her!!!!!

Get her to pay you off for not revealing her secrets, and while doing so try to learn some of them. Then get her to tell two friends who in turn tell two friends and so on until you have commune of people who think you're inside their heads.

Then convince them to erect a camp out of town and then keep them all on the compound by having guards stalk around with guns, take your share of sexual favours from them, then when the government turns up have them all kill themselves.

It's foolproof!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmmmm...

It would seem that what only began as a silly joke is beginning to go a bit too far... Can't we relax, boys? :huh:

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmmmm...

It would seem that what only began as a silly joke is beginning to go a bit too far... Can't we relax, boys? :huh:

Never!

xkcdwrongoninternet.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Can't we relax, boys? :huh:

I'm not a boy. :dry:

Wait, unless you weren't referring to me. :holy:

In which case I agree! :yes:

"Settle down, boys! Stop being so serious!" :nono:

And Carebear, I know you got that pic from ScantilyClad. :ninja:

Okay, I've injected enough emoticons into this thread. Now I'm gonna PEACE OUUUUUUT!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Maybe you're correct on this one. I do like to be in the right. Of course, your perspective on this is a tad bit off. I'm getting you picture ENTJs as the stereotypical villainous business leaders who seek to enslave people under legal indentures and want to be gods. For example, Lex Luthor.Lex Luthor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This has less to do with MBTI than logic. Think about this way. Why would being superior to someone have any worth? I would find texting while driving a more worthy and enlightening experience.
Wow you really are psychic.