• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] um, if i could get some advice?

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sixteen. I don't know much about myself, I don't really know what most of my ambitions are. I think I'm having an early life crisis. All the thoughts in my head feel like that fuzzy snow on a T.V when you switch to the wrong station, it just doesn't want to work. I want to make a beautiful collaboration of words and I know I'm capable of doing so. I've just been taken out of highschool to live with my father and I haven't been in school or been able to socialize with people my own age for about a month and a half. The reason I got taken out of school was for personal reasons with me and my mother we had always had a rough relationship and it wasn't healthy for me, I ended up being really emotionally low. I'm going to do online courses hopefully soon. I came here to maybe be enlightened I think? I don't want to seem like a whiney kid, because most people on here are much older, but I just wanted to see what people had to offer and surround myself in some wise words.

My dad introduced me to the MBTI test and I tested twice as en ESFP but also tested as an ENFP, I'm not particularly sure which I am between the two, I'm still developing as a person. I have a mixture between the two. I have strong feelings for both.

I'm not really positive what I'm asking for here. It'd be nice to talk to some kind people.:bye:

Last edited by a moderator:

VagrantFarce

Hi :)

There are some people twice your age who still don't know what they want to do with their lives, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just do whatever interests you and have a good time with your friends - there's not much else that's important in life.

Can I ask why you were taken out of high school?

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I reposted in NF idyllic, but the main reason really is I didn't have a healthy relationship with my mother. It became increasingly strenuous on my emotions and how I handled stress so I went to my dad's and my mum asked for me to be taken out of highschool and do an online course.

xisnotx

Permabanned
When i was 16 i dropped out of high school too. For personal reasons as well..i ended up getting a ged and going to college a couple years later.

Im a little older than you, about to finish college, and still have little idea what id like to do with my life. Youre not alone.

My advice would be to not neglect your social life.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Firstly, I can tell that you have a talent for writing. Do you love it? then never stop. transcribe your thoughts. Don't edit until later. let thoughts live by themselves before you cut them up.
You will always be learning, expanding. You will always feel that you don't know enough. you may always feel that you aren't good enough, but that's a problem of perspective, meaning that you, like me, like most people, can't see themselves clearly. So feel it, put it aside, do what you love anyway. [END TRANSMISSION]

sculpting

welcome ms happy! :hug: I would suggest you are likely an enfp-your avi is very beautiful-the way the birds become trees and the trees branch into everything is quite divergent.

My son is a 15 yo enfp and he complains about having fuzzy thoughts as well. He also did something very funny the other day. He said "Mom, I was sitting in class and I realized that evrything I do today could affect what I do for the rest of my life". I recalled doing this when I was 16, and it was really scary as I didnt know what I wanted to be or where I mght go....It is a bit like a little midlife crisis as suddenly you face having to figure out where you are going....

If you love writing-then make yourself write. Recognize at times you will feel very tired or bored or like you just cant keep writing-then make yourself write just a little more-just a few more minutes.

Pay attention to those moments in everything you do...when your brain feels fuzzy and you feel like quitting, work just a bit longer. Then look with pride on what you have done. That will be your baby Thinking side growing in, which helps you turn all of the beautiful ideas and emotions you feel into something you can share with others. But it is a bit like building muscles-it takes some work, especially at first.

As for family issues, it seems part of being a teenager sometimes...often you may not communicate the same way as a parant or maybe you are just like a parent and you drive each other a bit bonkers. As adults we get to place distance between others, even if we love them, if they are very different from us. We can even move to another town and only visit on holidays, but as a kid you get stuck having to live day to day with someone who may think about the world very differently from you. It can be pretty hard and the constant negativity can accumulate inside of you and weigh you down and make you feel kinda guilty-like it is your fault, when it is really just how relationships between people go sometimes.

This place is fun, but I would suggest you limit the time you spend here...be sure to find beauty and love in the world around you in those you see everyday-that is more real that the internet :)

redacted

You seem pretty introspective. I know it seems important to know where you're headed right now, but you really have plenty of time. All the bad things and good things that happen will give you more insight into yourself in the long run -- just have some experiences and work on accepting that you're going to be in a transitional phase for many many years.

Do you want to go to college?

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
welcome ms happy! :hug: I would suggest you are likely an enfp-your avi is very beautiful-the way the birds become trees and the trees branch into everything is quite divergent.

My son is a 15 yo enfp and he complains about having fuzzy thoughts as well. He also did something very funny the other day. He said "Mom, I was sitting in class and I realized that evrything I do today could affect what I do for the rest of my life". I recalled doing this when I was 16, and it was really scary as I didnt know what I wanted to be or where I mght go....It is a bit like a little midlife crisis as suddenly you face having to figure out where you are going....

If you love writing-then make yourself write. Recognize at times you will feel very tired or bored or like you just cant keep writing-then make yourself write just a little more-just a few more minutes.

Pay attention to those moments in everything you do...when your brain feels fuzzy and you feel like quitting, work just a bit longer. Then look with pride on what you have done. That will be your baby Thinking side growing in, which helps you turn all of the beautiful ideas and emotions you feel into something you can share with others. But it is a bit like building muscles-it takes some work, especially at first.

As for family issues, it seems part of being a teenager sometimes...often you may not communicate the same way as a parant or maybe you are just like a parent and you drive each other a bit bonkers. As adults we get to place distance between others, even if we love them, if they are very different from us. We can even move to another town and only visit on holidays, but as a kid you get stuck having to live day to day with someone who may think about the world very differently from you. It can be pretty hard and the constant negativity can accumulate inside of you and weigh you down and make you feel kinda guilty-like it is your fault, when it is really just how relationships between people go sometimes.

This place is fun, but I would suggest you limit the time you spend here...be sure to find beauty and love in the world around you in those you see everyday-that is more real that the internet :)

Thank you so much! :hug: I will take your advice to heart. I write every night before I fall asleep for a half an hour, to either reflect on my thoughts or anything I feel like writing down. That seems to be a huge help for my mood or whatever. My dad is a really down-to-earh and amazing individual and he's on here as well, he suggested Typology to me instead of facebook and stuff and it's already helped alot. I'm greatful for people like him and you for giving me the kind of thoughts I probably wouldn't come across on my own.

As for the family stuff it's strange I only have 7 people in my family. And at the moment I only feel a strong connection to three of the people in it. I'm sure over time that will change, it's just a strange awkward phase. I feel like the connections I have with the family members I am close to are beautiful and something that will help me through these years.
Again, thank you so much. :)

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem pretty introspective. I know it seems important to know where you're headed right now, but you really have plenty of time. All the bad things and good things that happen will give you more insight into yourself in the long run -- just have some experiences and work on accepting that you're going to be in a transitional phase for many many years.

Do you want to go to college?

I have a very introspective father, he's been a great role model for me.
Thank you for your advice sir. I'm actually thinking about going to this college; http://www.evergreen.edu/
I've read into it quite a bit and I have trouble learning in an ordinary class-like environment. It seems like an awesome place.

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When i was 16 i dropped out of high school too. For personal reasons as well..i ended up getting a ged and going to college a couple years later.

Im a little older than you, about to finish college, and still have little idea what id like to do with my life. Youre not alone.

My advice would be to not neglect your social life.

Maybe I'll end up getting a GED. But I'm gonna try the highschool thing. What are you in college for?

redacted

I have a very introspective father, he's been a great role model for me.
Thank you for your advice sir. I'm actually thinking about going to this college; http://www.evergreen.edu/
I've read into it quite a bit and I have trouble learning in an ordinary class-like environment. It seems like an awesome place.

Sounds pretty cool -- I also had a lot of trouble with school and regret not going to a small liberal arts school. It took me 7.5 years to graduate because I kept taking semesters off and withdrawing... I got pretty lost at my school.

My only concern is the no grades thing. It'll be really nice during college but maybe a bit harder to take seriously as an employer. Have you ever heard of/thought about Colorado College? It's also non-traditional in that you only take one class at a time and the classes only last a month. My friend did really well there and also had trouble during high school.

So are you done with high school completely? It might be nice to put yourself in an environment where you can meet peers even if most of them are kinda annoying...

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds pretty cool -- I also had a lot of trouble with school and regret not going to a small liberal arts school. It took me 7.5 years to graduate because I kept taking semesters off and withdrawing... I got pretty lost at my school.

My only concern is the no grades thing. It'll be really nice during college but maybe a bit harder to take seriously as an employer. Have you ever heard of/thought about Colorado College? It's also non-traditional in that you only take one class at a time and the classes only last a month. My friend did really well there and also had trouble during high school.

So are you done with high school completely? It might be nice to put yourself in an environment where you can meet peers even if most of them are kinda annoying...
that sounds like what's going to go on with me, highschool feels like such a big stress. and alot of places now wont hire if you don't have a highschool graduation certificate.
and the no grades thing also worried me, but if I wanted to get into the arts that'd be great I think. I'm still not sure what I'll do, I'll definitely take your advice and look at Colarado, non-traditional seems like the way to go. And no, at the moment i'm not doing anything but getting kinda grounded but my dad wants to enroll me into an online program for a year, and if I do alright on that i'll go to a regular school of his choice.
My peers were a huge part of my life, now i'm pretty much a loner cause I don't have much contact with anybody. So i'm going to get my license and get a job and yeah @.@

Thanks for talkin' with me by the way. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
so trying to find yourself, young whippersnapper :newwink:

my advice? go out and experience some stuff... not bad or dangerous stuff (I would know) but check out any occupation or future that you find interesting by shadowing... most professionals are flattered and love to show a young person the ropes... they usually will help you out as far as what you need as well :yes:

read, talk to people, volunteer... just get out there, you'll figure things out :)

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so trying to find yourself, young whippersnapper :newwink:

my advice? go out and experience some stuff... not bad or dangerous stuff (I would know) but check out any occupation or future that you find interesting by shadowing... most professionals are flattered and love to show a young person the ropes... they usually will help you out as far as what you need as well :yes:

read, talk to people, volunteer... just get out there, you'll figure things out :)

THANKYOU :D! I'll definitely use your advice.
I was going to go to a soup kitchen for my first time and I'm really excited, so wish me luck :smile:!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
soup kitchens are fun... you get to meet all kinds of interesting people on both sides of the line (volunteers and the down and out) :cheese:

and I was quite the indecisive person at that age... I hung out in a variety of drs offices and county buildings and things of the sort to get a feel of what I wanted to do in life... and then ended up doing something completely different in the end because I don't like spending time in an office :laugh:

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
soup kitchens are fun... you get to meet all kinds of interesting people on both sides of the line (volunteers and the down and out) :cheese:

and I was quite the indecisive person at that age... I hung out in a variety of drs offices and county buildings and things of the sort to get a feel of what I wanted to do in life... and then ended up doing something completely different in the end because I don't like spending time in an office :laugh:
I dont think i'll like the office much either. I just wana have fun with my work, and make people happy. I'm thinking maybe an advice column :gleam:.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd suggest getting some practice by starting one online with advice for teens... the earlier you start the better :yes:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I sort of.. made a last minute command decision to join the army :laugh: I really had no idea what I liked as a teenager, or where I was going.

What I think I'd suggest to teenagers now that I have time to reflect.. is to work at many different kinds of jobs. See what you like. do you like working with people? Or by yourself? Do you like helping others, or leading them? Do you like working with your hands, or in a fast paced environment?

Entry level jobs let teenagers know what they like. It teaches them to deal with things like management (both the literal kind with people telling you what to do, and the sort where you have to figure out when to hold your tongue and when to stand your ground), money, budgeting, and the ever-so-important responsibilities of being in the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform. I worked as soon as I was old enough to all through high school, and ended up buying my own car myself when the time came. So I'd suggest finding human interaction and some guidance through working part-time jobs.

Maybe you think you'd like to work as a scientist or something, but then realize you just HATE quiet, meticulous work and love fast paced, loud stuff.. so even if the subject is interesting, it's good to know you'd hate the job and resent it regardless. Entry level jobs help sculpt you through experience, so I'd start there if I was you. :yes:

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sort of.. made a last minute command decision to join the army :laugh: I really had no idea what I liked as a teenager, or where I was going.

What I think I'd suggest to teenagers now that I have time to reflect.. is to work at many different kinds of jobs. See what you like. do you like working with people? Or by yourself? Do you like helping others, or leading them? Do you like working with your hands, or in a fast paced environment?

Entry level jobs let teenagers know what they like. It teaches them to deal with things like management (both the literal kind with people telling you what to do, and the sort where you have to figure out when to hold your tongue and when to stand your ground), money, budgeting, and the ever-so-important responsibilities of being in the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform. I worked as soon as I was old enough to all through high school, and ended up buying my own car myself when the time came. So I'd suggest finding human interaction and some guidance through working part-time jobs.

Maybe you think you'd like to work as a scientist or something, but then realize you just HATE quiet, meticulous work and love fast paced, loud stuff.. so even if the subject is interesting, it's good to know you'd hate the job and resent it regardless. Entry level jobs help sculpt you through experience, so I'd start there if I was you. :yes:

I like working with people alot, and I don't care weather I'm a leader or a follower even though I'm good at either one, I don't mind the environment either. My parents are super "DO IT YOURSELF so I have been taken out of Highschool for alittle bit and have to do everything for myself aswell before I can get a job I have to get a drivers License so I can drive to my job >.> My dad also said he doesn't want me to be working at a grocery store cause he knows I'll have too much fun with my job, talking with people every second. so I'm going to work somewhere like a plant nursery.
:|