• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] um, if i could get some advice?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I like working with people alot, and I don't care weather I'm a leader or a follower even though I'm good at either one, I don't mind the environment either. My parents are super "DO IT YOURSELF so I have been taken out of Highschool for alittle bit and have to do everything for myself aswell before I can get a job I have to get a drivers License so I can drive to my job >.> My dad also said he doesn't want me to be working at a grocery store cause he knows I'll have too much fun with my job, talking with people every second. so I'm going to work somewhere like a plant nursery.
:|

Seems silly that he'd not want you to enjoy your job, unless you mean he thinks you'll neglect your duties to talk to people. In which case, that really isn't up to him to decide.. People have to learn how to balance pleasure and work in the work environment themselves. That's part of the experience of it all.

School should be your top priority though. Even if you don't know what you want out of life yet as far as what you want to do, school is going to be the way to get you there. Work will give you the experience you need to get what you want..

Lastly.. When I was 18, I made a list in basic training of what I wanted to do with my life. What truly would make me happy. "If I died tomorrow, would I have done these things?" sort of list. Every year, around that same time, I re-create that list. I don't look at the old one, I just make another one. I think it sort of helps me keep on track and never lose sight of what I need out of life. I think "Eat delicious food" has been on there every year.

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems silly that he'd not want you to enjoy your job, unless you mean he thinks you'll neglect your duties to talk to people. In which case, that really isn't up to him to decide.. People have to learn how to balance pleasure and work in the work environment themselves. That's part of the experience of it all.

School should be your top priority though. Even if you don't know what you want out of life yet as far as what you want to do, school is going to be the way to get you there. Work will give you the experience you need to get what you want..

Lastly.. When I was 18, I made a list in basic training of what I wanted to do with my life. What truly would make me happy. "If I died tomorrow, would I have done these things?" sort of list. Every year, around that same time, I re-create that list. I don't look at the old one, I just make another one. I think it sort of helps me keep on track and never lose sight of what I need out of life. I think "Eat delicious food" has been on there every year.

That's a great outlook on things :eek: with my dad, he just wants the best I suppose and I guess he knows me best.
Hopefully I'll get started on school sometime soon, I'll keep you updated if I do.

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd suggest getting some practice by starting one online with advice for teens... the earlier you start the better :yes:
While I was in school I did, It was really great actually :eek:
I will pursue what I love :D

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's ok to not know what you want to do in the future :) youre still super young and still have time to figure things out :). After you get your high school diploma maybe go to a community college and check out a few different courses to see what you like. A lot of people I know, including myself have switched majors. I wish I could go back in time and feel out a few classes first before diving in to a specific major at an over priced school. What a waste because I changed my mind! Until your ready for college (if you choose to go that rout) dont worry so much, enjoy your youth!

G

Glycerine

Based on what happened earlier, maybe going into something criminal/ forensic psychology with a bio emphasis might be up your alley. :) If you are really into the psychology side of it you could look into becoming a FBI special agent or for more the biology side, a medical examiner.

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's ok to not know what you want to do in the future :) youre still super young and still have time to figure things out :). After you get your high school diploma maybe go to a community college and check out a few different courses to see what you like. A lot of people I know, including myself have switched majors. I wish I could go back in time and feel out a few classes first before diving in to a specific major at an over priced school. What a waste because I changed my mind! Until your ready for college (if you choose to go that rout) dont worry so much, enjoy your youth!
yeah, thats what I heard about it. I thought I'd take a few years after I graduate to figure myself out. all that kinda junk.
Thankyou :)

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on what happened earlier, maybe going into something criminal/ forensic psychology with a bio emphasis might be up your alley. :) If you are really into the psychology side of it you could look into becoming a FBI special agent or for more the biology side, a medical examiner.

hahahaha, that made me laugh ^,^
but yeah maybe something like that. it interests me but theres SO MUCH schooling. I dont think my brain could handle it.
but i'll do what i'm good at. maybe chopping people up isn't for me- but oh well i'll get over it. :rock:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you'd make a great spy. I'd rather not explain why, but the suggestion is sincere.

G

Glycerine

hahahaha, that made me laugh ^,^
but yeah maybe something like that. it interests me but theres SO MUCH schooling. I dont think my brain could handle it.
but i'll do what i'm good at. maybe chopping people up isn't for me- but oh well i'll get over it. :rock:
Unless you go to a trade school or have an entrepreneur spirit, there is a lot of school for w/e field one wants to do. :(

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you'd make a great spy. I'd rather not explain why, but the suggestion is sincere.
you know what, maybe I would :eek:
Thanks for being kind even if you think I'm loony :)

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unless you go to a trade school or have an entrepreneur spirit, there is a lot of school for w/e field one wants to do. :(

I haven't done very well in school.
I'm a sophomore with freshman credits + out of school :eek:.
It's not like overwhelmingly THE THING I want to do (being a medical examiner) I mean I'm still young. maybe this fascination with death is just a phase or maybe it's only something I can tolerate looking at pictures of or, who knows. BUT It's the fact that I'm not sure. I don't think I'd do well in the medical field.

G

Glycerine

ahhhh you have time.... the hard part is narrowing it down. I am almost out of undergrad but still don't have a clue what I want to do. lol

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ahhhh you have time.... the hard part is narrowing it down. I am almost out of undergrad but still don't have a clue what I want to do. lol
And that's the great thing about living, we don't really have to figure it out untill we want to :D.
or until life gets suckish and we should to make things easier, and stuff.:blush:

imhappytoday

MBTI Type
ExFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And that's the great thing about living, we don't really have to figure it out untill we want to :D.
or until life gets suckish and we should to make things easier, and stuff.:blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:hug:

hi, welcome. i had a similar crisis earlier this year. and have been having them periodically for a long time (though this was the worst i have ever had). sucks. but maybe not. if we have these sort of crises early than maybe we avoid really big ones later.

so what kind of hobbies are you into?

as for advice if you are an EFP too it sounds like you could use more people activity in your life! that is what helps me when i am feeling low. new people, new ideas, new experiences.