• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJS

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mine too but there is always duct tape.
That stuff just doesn't run out of uses!

I work with an ENFJ and the best thing I've found to have him talk less is to give him a mental task. He is so focused you can almost see the smoke coming out of his ears! Failing that, a physical one, but those are hit and miss as he tends to talk while doing.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I honestly feel like I do a lot more listening then talking...just sayin. RAWR!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
why are you guys so good at killing all chances of meaningful conversation? can't you have a bit more fun conversation that isn't 100% technical?

I agree with you though, Fe babble can make this ENFP want to reach for the cyanide pills

100% technical? are you serious? I would consider my conversations to be a mix of both humor and analytical prowess.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
One of the things I do when I'm around Fe doms (who tend to suck me dry of any want to engage with humans after awhile) is to find another victim for them to suck on. That way I can chime in as/when needed without getting the full suckage that comes from interacting with Fe vampires. This is cause for a sense of guilt at times. True story.

All I thought about in this sentence was "Fe and suckage" :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fuck that I'm dry as shit, and I like my conversations to the point.

that's what I was getting at. I feel like my conversations with a lot of ISTPs have to be premeditated and tweaked for efficiency before I even say anything. in a business setting this is understandable but I almost feel like they expect this from anyone who talks to them in any setting (not all people are men of few words.)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I honestly feel like I do a lot more listening then talking...just sayin. RAWR!

I'm sorry but I couldn't listen to this girl for more than 2 minutes before my brain went to mush can someone please tell me why. :shrug:
[YOUTUBE="-vQKBdXk-6s"]ENFJ[/YOUTUBE]

jixmixfix

Permabanned
that's what I was getting at. I feel like my conversations with a lot of ISTPs have to be premeditated and tweaked for efficiency before I even say anything. in a business setting this is understandable but I almost feel like they expect this from anyone who talks to them in any setting (not all people are men of few words.)

Well personally I enjoy listening to ENFPs because I find them interesting, although they can be annoying and too talkative at times as well. All It really comes down to is communication style. I tend to talk alot more freely with other "S" types than "N". N types either will ignore what you say completely or just babble and talk way too much. I know too many EN types at work who just go on and on and on I don't even bother bringing something up sometimes because they will babble till my head explodes.

G

Glycerine

And this is another reason why I question my ENFJness. ;) People usually get pissed at me for not expanding on things enough.
But I don't agree or disagree with the observation in the OP though.

You would love being around a boy crazy one who checks out guys while talking with people. :laugh:

G

Glycerine

Do they seem different from INTPs to you in this regard? The INTPs I know seem to have the ability to expand on things for days just by asking a question. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do they seem different from INTPs to you in this regard? The INTPs I know seem to have the ability to expand on things for days just by asking a question. :D

yes. ISTPs and INTPs don't seem similar to me at all (similarly, ENTPs and ENFPs the more I learn about them seem to be worlds apart)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ISTP's just don't want to be bothered unless it is worth the trouble, sometimes.
Some people just naturally have personalities that aren't too bothersome for me. Others, everything that comes out of their mouth irritates me. And, it can be of any type. There are some isfj's that never say anything that irritates me. Then, there are intp's that bug the hell out of me. So.... it's a personal matter. As long as a person is not imposing on me, I will leave them be. But if they are bothering me AND they are irritating, the situation becomes one of "get out of my hair". There are more important concerns and purposes in my life to be bothered with wasting time on some people and situations.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP's just don't want to be bothered unless it is worth the trouble, sometimes.
I can understand that

Some people just naturally have personalities that aren't too bothersome for me. Others, everything that comes out of their mouth irritates me. And, it can be of any type. There are some isfj's that never say anything that irritates me. Then, there are intp's that bug the hell out of me. So.... it's a personal matter. As long as a person is not imposing on me, I will leave them be. But if they are bothering me AND they are irritating, the situation becomes one of "get out of my hair". There are more important concerns and purposes in my life to be bothered with wasting time on some people and situations.

works for me.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm sorry but I couldn't listen to this girl for more than 2 minutes before my brain went to mush can someone please tell me why. :shrug:
[YOUTUBE="-vQKBdXk-6s"]ENFJ[/YOUTUBE]

I stopped the video at 1:19. Her high pitched voice was annoying and her inability to understand that no one cares about her hair, pretty much pushed me over the edge.

Also the fact that she kept mucking up saying ENFJ just boggled my mind. Four letters are tough I guess.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Please keep that girl out of counseling, psychology, social work and education- I agree with her- that would be "freaky deeky"

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Crap I missed that part. *goes back to watching train wreck-*

Seriously. I think I may survive the whole seven minutes living off my own peanut gallery comments.