• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP: What'sYour Daily Life Like?

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Being very type-confused, I'm trying to learn more about each type, one at a time, planning to find the one that fits best. Today and tomorrow are for INFP.

Would anyone like to share details about how your days go, the parts that are most important that you think are because of your being INFP? I'm talking about little things, like whether you eat health food, take a daily walk, read a newspaper or get the news from TV or the internet (or whether you avoid the news).

Many thanks for any help.

Edit: If the run-together letters in my title, which I can't find out how to fix, annoy you--even that would be information. :doh:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I live unhealthy; I don't care a lot about eating healthy, although that doesn't mean I eat only fast food or so (I nearly never do), but my eating habits are not very varied. I don't do sports or so and I don't really take a walk to take a walk, however when I go to university and home the distance I have to walk could be nearly called a walk ^^. I don't read a newspaper but I sometimes look some news in the internet, but overall I am just feeling more and more indifferent about what is going on in media.

So, otherwise, how does my life look like... not very exciting to other people I guess, to me it is kinda ok. When I am not at university I sit at the computer a lot doing this and that, I read sometimes a book, I daydream a lot, my thoughts are always somewhere... since I lack real life friends I don't go hang around with friends.

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Thanks for the answer--it helps. I do most of the things you do, and this fact may push me towards the right direction. It's very hard to find details like this on the internet.

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Wow, thanks for the honesty, although I hope it was a joke. Nah, seems too real.

Someone famous once said that the majority of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm just depressed, not desperate. I know several people who are desperate, and I my shadow is different than theirs...they have given up, wait for their pensions, slowly die. I want to live, when I find out a better modus operandi. And I will.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
To quote Simple Plan, here's the depressed version :)

"Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place,
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you?
Do you ever wanna run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room
With the radio on turned up so loud
That no one hears you're screaming?

No, you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels all right
You don't know what it's like
To be like me

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
Welcome to my life

Do you wanna be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more
Before your life is over?
Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With their big fake smiles and stupid lies
While deep inside you're bleeding

When nothing feels all right
You don't know what it's like
To be like me

To be hurt
To feel lost
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life

No one ever lied straight to your face
And no one ever stabbed you in the back
You might think I'm happy but I'm not gonna be okay
Everybody always gave you what you wanted
You never had to work it was always there
You don't know what it's like, what it's like

To be hurt
To feel lost
No, you don't know what it's like (What it's like)

To be hurt
To feel lost
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life"

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
On a more serious note, I don't think INFPs are really that different on the outside from the rest. I work 9 to 5 (ok, it's more 8.30 to 5.30) and is more T-like at work with all the deadlines and stuff.
I do have some quirks and idiosyncrasies but they're usually in the department of personal choice especially when it relates to what is fashionable and what is not :) For example, my personal laptop is a bright orange Sony Vaio and I like very colourful shirts (at least relative to my more staid colleagues)
images

The other thing is that most of my hobbies tend to be creative but individualistic such as origami, jigsaw puzzles and aircraft models. Most people will find it excruciatingly boring :)

Oh, and I'm very picky when it comes to food but at the same time I can eat the same thing every day and have no complaints... Not sure if that's type related though

Edit : Forgot one other thing. I'm a big believer in old-fashioned good manners and stuff like saying "Thank you" and holding doors open for others, etc. Seems a bit archaic for the modern age though

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Whats my life like now! A few years ago I would give you the atypical lost and depressed answer or the cheerful and bubbly one, then I found the plug that unplugs from the matrix and ha...almost professional exorcist and ghost buster at your service. :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Defining yourself by daily activities sounds so "sensing" to me :tongue: ;).
I can't define myself that way; maybe if I had a more interesting life I would.

Anyhow, I will answer your question... I dislike routine. When I work, I have something like a routine because I am forced to. I don't work everyday right now, and I have no certain schedule for when I do work. I work at different locations too. I think the variety suits me. I like novelty in almost everything. I sometimes create a faux sense of novelty, by doing the same thing a different way, so as not to become bored with it. I'll spontaneously change direction en route to some goal, just to mix it up. I don't like being bound to a path, so to speak.

The only thing I do pretty much everyday is drink coffee when I get up. I go to church every week too, but even that is often prompted by family, not as a guilt-trip, but simply a reminder. I volunteer via my church also, usually 1-2 times a week, depending on what I feel like doing. I have a poor concept of time, which is likely why I don't maintain routine & kind of dislike it (it takes a lot of energy out of me).

I am also ruled by moods, meaning I do what I am in the mood to do & avoid what I am not in the mood to do. Mood is different from emotion; it's more like a mental atmosphere, not a reaction you can label like "sad" or "angry". Sometimes it feels like inspiration vs. lack of inspiration. I am rarely inspired to, say, do the dishes, but other mundane chores like grocery shopping can catch my interest. It really can boil down to how much the task allows me to be creative, express myself, and experiment with new ideas. Simple things can be pleasant to me because of that, but in general, I probably expect too much out of life.

I will take care of tasks I am obligated to do that I am not in the mood to do, but I won't be happy about it. It feels like prying something open with a cro-bar. Every cell in my being is moaning & groaning. I like to put off tasks/chores & explore more interesting things, be it within my own imagination or in books/music/art. I like to imagine I have another life, one much more interesting.

I have little interest in the news or goings-on of most people. I get obsessed with understanding impractical stuff though - like Jungian theory. I also like to sleep late & stay up late. Night feels energizing. However, this disorganized approach in life leaves me frustrated with myself, over the things I did not accomplish.

When I devote myself to something, I take it seriously though. This is usually what propels me to go through with it when not in the mood. I have high standards, probably why I am mostly disappointed with myself. I work well with tight deadlines - I kind of need the panic to motivate me. I'm surprisingly self-motivated & productive if I care enough & have an expectation to meet.

When it comes to food, well, I forget to eat sometimes. I get lost in my head. I mostly make healthy choices, because I don't like to feel bad physically. I also go for convenience & lots of spices (not just sugary/salty). However, when I may indulge myself when I'm in a certain mood. I also like to cook sometimes, and when I eat out I like to eat a great variety of foods. I especially like rich &/or spicy foods.

I don't like TV shows that much & can't maintain any routine well enough to follow a series. I mostly will like a show when it's reruns because of that. I do like movies though; when I had cable/satellite I mostly watched movie channels. So if I am in the right (or maybe wrong) mood, then I can veg out in front of the TV, like anyone. When I was depressed one summer after losing my job & moving back home, I watched a bunch of reality crap on Bravo, for instance :D . I can & have gone weeks without turning the TV on too though.

That's what my typical day is like....I push myself to do stuff out of principle, I am often less than happy with the results, and then I soothe myself by indulging in some interest or fantasy that is more interesting to me than everyday life.
----

Well, I blathered on for quite awhile there... :D