• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs obsessed with knowledge.. just like NTs.

Chloe

Are there?
There's a stereotype that NTs are obsessed with knowledge.. but i relate to this more and more.. I couldnt care less about some stuff like some exact hystorical data, but I am obsessed with knowing about everything just enough. I couldn't walk on Earth if I didnt know how does the human body functions. It shocks me when people dont care or dont know it. I mean, it's your residence for 80+ years, and you dont know the basics - you dont know what exactly is chromosome, or meiosis?!
Stuff like that. The same with internet stuff, web design etc., it will never be my career but I cant sleep if I dont know what is it all about, how it functions, I feel paralysed. I feel like my knowledge lust is expansive, I want to grab the wide portion to get the big picture and the more you learn the more you see there is never the end.

Can you relate? Could this be SP dom in instinctual variants related ?

I care more about the knowledge, career etc., than about close relationships <- weird?! i mean, i can not live without love, but knowledge is my passion, not only holding in knowledge but putting it to use.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are there?
There's a stereotype that NTs are obsessed with knowledge.. but i relate to this more and more.. I couldnt care less about some stuff like some exact hystorical data, but I am obsessed with knowing about everything just enough. I couldn't walk on Earth if I didnt know how does the human body functions. It shocks me when people dont care or dont know it. I mean, it's your residence for 80+ years, and you dont know the basics - you dont know what exactly is chromosome, or meosis?!
Stuff like that. The same with internet stuff, web design etc., it will never be my career but I cant sleep if I dont know what is it all about, how it functions, I feel paralysed. I feel like my knowledge lust is expansive, I want to grab the wide portion to get the big picture and the more you learn the more you see there is never the end.

Can you relate? Could this be SP dom in instinctual variants related ?

I care more about the knowledge, career etc., than about close relationships <- weird?!

Kind of. Not to the extent of NT's- it's not my lifeline, but I think that life would be awfully dull without it. Not much to think about with the extra supplementation of information. I think it's easy to get really sucked in in this era- because there is so much information available to us, it's easy to get on a line of thought and keep wanting to research more and more and more. It's like a bad vicious cycle. Fresh new books are addictive, too. I am definitely a surface skimmer. Getting too depthy with stuff tends to make me tired and curious about stuff related to it, rather than actually sticking with what it is I'm supposed to be learning. My favorite are the Barnes and Noble trips. Especially the science section, it's ADD central, three pages here, two pages there. It can go on all day long. It's just a malfunction that occurs from too much googling. Googleitis or something. Wikicephaly.

Chloe

I relate .. but i definately have it as "life purpose", there are times in my life when i ignore all there is to learn but that's when i dont feel like "myself"..

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14598]Chloe[/MENTION]
I have a fascination with zoology, human evolution (still waiting for scientists to clone a neanderthal :D) and various aspects anthropology. I don't tend to do a lot of textual research into it, but i have an addiction to documentaries :laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I relate .. but i definately have it as "life purpose", there are times in my life when i ignore all there is to learn but that's when i dont feel like "myself"..

Yeah, it would be extremely awkward to get rid of the information all together.

"The day the information died...." :laugh:

I do it with school, too. If i'm not in school, I tend to want to sign up for classes all the time. I don't know what I would do if they told me that I couldn't keep learning stuff.

Chloe

Yeah, it would be extremely awkward to get rid of the information all together.

"The day the information died...." :laugh:

I do it with school, too. If i'm not in school, I tend to want to sign up for classes all the time. I don't know what I would do if they told me that I couldn't keep learning stuff.

if I am in school, i want to be out of school, if i am out of school, i want to go to school. :laugh: but that's totally different topic :doh:

Chloe

[MENTION=14598]Chloe[/MENTION]
I have a fascination with zoology, human evolution (still waiting for scientists to clone a neanderthal :D) and various aspects anthropology. I don't tend to do a lot of textual research into it, but i have an addiction to documentaries :laugh:

i adore anthropology, but what i was saying is that I am just obsessed with knowing everything about stuff like economics, politics, internet business/programming etc... so i can have everything "covered"... all that is happening in the world needs to be "covered" in my head or else i feel like i am missing out on stuff.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i adore anthropology, but what i was saying is that I am just obsessed with knowing everything about stuff like economics, politics, internet business/programming etc... so i can have everything "covered"... all that is happening in the world needs to be "covered" in my head or else i feel like i am missing out on stuff.

you sound like my INTJ friend.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm quite obsessed with knowledge and learning. I'm an avid learner... I love studying science, history, music, philosophy, cultures, and the like. Stick me in front of a TV with a documentary on, and I'm zoned in on it. Also love reading. It feels like the more I find out about different aspects in life, the more I don't know, and question after question crops up. I love learning. :bookish:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha, but I really am unsuccessful next to my ESTJ 3w4 sp/so MD-at-24 sister :laugh:

she's an ESTJ, school is built for SJs and ESTJs have the second highest salary of any type.

Chloe

she's an ESTJ, school is built for SJs and ESTJs have the second highest salary of any type.

yes, and they are the criteria for success, so i was right when i said: i am unsuccessful :(

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, and they are the criteria for success, so i was right when i said: i am unsuccessful :(

Lets turn that sentence right around young lady! You're a success at something, and that's being unsuccessful! Persistence. And the little Chloe that could! And- all sorts of other corny things.

:cheese:

Chloe

Lets turn that sentence right around young lady! You're a success at something, and that's being unsuccessful! Persistence. And the little Chloe that could! And- all sorts of other corny things.

:cheese:

you're right, short and sweet :hug: i am very successful at being unsuccessful :)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I can be quite obsessive, depending on the subject. But I have to feel a strong connection with the subject to retain anything.

Chloe

I can be quite obsessive, depending on the subject. But I have to feel a strong connection with the subject to retain anything.

interesting.. to me "the strong connection" means that the subject is relevant in today's world... that makes the world go round... because i want to be able to effect the world in some way so being in tune with whatever is going on is where i feel the strong connection.
this is bad because i end up following anything there is to follow.