• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs! who can you relate to?

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Who can you relate to on television or in movies?

I find I cannot relate really to anyone whenever I play this game with my friends.

EDIT: I can only relate to aspects of personalities of characters in TV and stuff, so maybe if their were mixed up in one then possibly.

Like..

J.D (Scrubs) His thought pattern and randomness, the thing his mind thinks of. Also he seems to have some interest deemed feminine, so I agree with that too.

Elliot Reid (Scrubs) Her neurotic being and some insecurities she has, only I don't let a lot of the insecurities show on the outside.

Ross Geller (Friends) His dryness, but how he idealized him and Rachael's relationship, Definitely his interest in any Anthropological and Paleontological topics, and some friends thinking its not as interesting, also he seems somewhat logical like me.

Ted Mosby (How I met your mother) Again how he views love and idealized some of the people he's with. Only thing is I would never do what some of the stuff he does with Barney.

Any character in a movie or TV that is in slump looking for someone to make them feel alive again.

So who can you all relate too? Any of these maybe? It can be from a book or anything like that.

Last edited:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
In what way? I can relate to just about everyone with my Fi. I'll say the over the top, loony type characters you see on cartoons are often the easiest for me to relate to. Obviously I'm not ever gonna be quite so silly, but I understand that life's too short not to have a good laugh along the way. I also believe that your sense of humor should never be any indication of how smart or dumb you are. I often relate to the person who get misunderstood because of their playful nature for stupid.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it easy to imagine myself as almost any character, even if they are very dissimilar to me. I can also find certain qualities or aspects of situations of many characters relatable, but that doesn't mean I feel I am like that character as a whole. I empathise easily too, even if I don't relate directly to anything about them.

When it comes to characters I relate to in that I feel similar personality-wise, then those are few & far between (especially on TV). It's even rarer when I can relate to a character's situation AND their personality, probably because most movies/TV shows have extraordinary situations in order to be entertaining.

A few I relate to are:
Amelie
Daria
Jane Eyre
Angela (My So Called Life)
Penelope (The Brothers Bloom)
Celine (Before Sunset/Sunrise)

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In what way? I can relate to just about everyone with my Fi. I'll say the over the top, loony type characters you see on cartoons are often the easiest for me to relate to. Obviously I'm not ever gonna be quite so silly, but I understand that life's too short not to have a good laugh along the way. I also believe that your sense of humor should never be any indication of how smart or dumb you are. I often relate to the person who get misunderstood because of their playful nature for stupid.

I see, maybe that is a indication of Fi, but I agree with you about the sense of humor thing :) What I meant is more like characters from tv shows or movies that have the same characteristics, but it is interesting that you see your yourself as the playful misunderstood character on the show, at the most I relate to the romantic guy. Interesting Thank you!

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I find it easy to imagine myself as almost any character, even if they are very dissimilar to me. I can also find certain qualities or aspects of situations of many characters relatable, but that doesn't mean I feel I am like that character as a whole. I empathise easily too, even if I don't relate directly to anything about them.

When it comes to characters I relate to in that I feel similar personality-wise, then those are few & far between (especially on TV). It's even rarer when I can relate to a character's situation AND their personality, probably because most movies/TV shows have extraordinary situations in order to be entertaining.

A few I relate to are:
Amelie
Daria
Jane Eyre
Angela (My So Called Life)
Penelope (The Brothers Bloom)
Celine (Before Sunset/Sunrise)

Very interesting thank you!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
it's always cartoon characters.

1221_BishoujoSenshiSailorMoon.jpg

c:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dr. Dorian from scrubs, and this is not a T.V. character, but I always think of that kid from Catcher in the Rye for some reason for a fictional character. A lot of people in real life call me Cindy Lou who because of my appearance. :ng_mad:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
all my friends say i'm an exact copy of the girl from the korean version of 'my sassy girl'
0:49 hahahha

i can't think of anybody i relate to fully

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
it's always cartoon characters.

1221_BishoujoSenshiSailorMoon.jpg

c:

Sailor Moon! :)

Dr. Dorian from scrubs, and this is not a T.V. character, but I always think of that kid from Catcher in the Rye for some reason for a fictional character. A lot of people in real life call me Cindy Lou who because of my appearance. :ng_mad:

I agree with J.D, but not really is ability to be soo out there, meaning in the world..

all my friends say i'm an exact copy of the girl from the korean version of 'my sassy girl'
0:49 hahahha

i can't think of anybody i relate to fully

I like that movie :) any movie like that. I was thinking about making a thread about it actually a topic having to do with the movies like that.

Thanks everyone.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Liz Lemon (30 Rock) - Her social awkwardness and general introversion. Her frustration at people who make things difficult for themselves and refuse to get things done in an orderly manner. I can especially relate to the way she is generally withdrawn from everything on her show and seems to spend much of her time watching it all (only occasionally stepping in to save the show at the last minute, because my god are all of her co-workers incompetent idiots--she should have burned them alive in the meeting room when she had the chance...).

Susannah (Dark Tower, Stephen King) - Her tendency to visualize the potential of a place. Her sometimes "aggressive" method of trying to get someone to say what's on their mind or what they feel. As well as her tendency to accurately guess at someone's true feelings or easily see that something is amiss with them. Her ability to pinpoint the right piece of advice to give for that moment. Her direct nature.

Matt_s

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I relate most to musicians. I rarely see a movie or read a book that I feel is directed at me. I hear songs that make me feel this way once in a while. Often from artists one would stereotype as INFP (Elliot Smith, Nick Drake, etc). Almost every Bill Evans song seems like he's speaking directly to me. I suppose artist's public personae are as fictional a character as any. I relate to everybody on some level. Hell, here's a short list brainstormed over pumpkin seeds and iced tea;

Remus Lupin
Flycatcher (Fables)
Leonard McCoy

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is surprisingly difficult D:

Probably the closest I've got is Werther from Goethe's 'The Sorrows of Young Werther'. It was a few years ago that I read it so mebbe things have shifted by now; but at the time I was underlining furiously and scattering exclamation across liek every page, because of the sheer, wonderful degree he mirrored my thoughts, feelings, values and worldview :)

Also:

I...find certain qualities or aspects of situations of many characters relatable, but that doesn't mean I feel I am like that character as a whole. I empathise easily too, even if I don't relate directly to anything about them.
+alot

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Television:
Helen Magnus (Sanctuary)
Samantha Carter (Stargate SG-1)