• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Impossible Fe

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Maybe someone wants to start a new-thread discussion on the philosophy undergirding Saw and/or spoilers?

I'll remember that for a Halloween thread as a kind of a tribute sense they aren't making another this year. Great idea!

Back on track:

Humanizing everything an Fe-er sees seems a little much. When you feel that way do you try to fight it as irrational, or chuckle? Or just let it maintain those traits?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i do this too. i feel bad for food i have to throw out, because it didn't fulfill the reason it was made.

ReflecTcelfeR said:
Humanizing everything an Fe-er sees seems a little much. When you feel that way do you try to fight it as irrational, or chuckle? Or just let it maintain those traits?

eh, both. i don't know about others but i used to be worse about it when i was little. sometimes it's good, it makes you take extra care of things and makes you feel more connected to places and people. other times you just have to get over it.

mostly i logic my way through it - like with the food, well, it's not really just food, it's wheat and butter and apples, and in reality it's all particles and they are going to continue dancing through the universe as they undergo chemical changes, so there's really no reason to feel bad for it, it's only an illusion of attachment to a single form...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

eh, both. i don't know about others but i used to be worse about it when i was little. sometimes it's good, it makes you take extra care of things and makes you feel more connected to places and people. other times you just have to get over it.

mostly i logic my way through it - like with the food, well, it's not really just food, it's wheat and butter and apples, and in reality it's all particles and they are going to continue dancing through the universe as they undergo chemical changes, so there's really no reason to feel bad for it, it's only an illusion of attachment to a single form...

Do you believe that maybe the purpose of humanizing is to make sure you take care of the physical aspects of the object? You would blindly throw it away if you didn't?

A

Anew Leaf

I'll remember that for a Halloween thread as a kind of a tribute sense they aren't making another this year. Great idea!

Back on track:

It was a lot harder to resist when I was younger. Along the lines of impossible. I almost got hit by a car one time because I was chasing down a kleenex in a parking lot. My parents were NOT down for hearing my tear streaked reasoning. I am sure my dad thought "here is a future Darwin Award Recipient."

Now... I am able to be a bit more rational about things. I may have the first impulse of "oh noes!!!" But then I realize I am being a bit silly and so I try to curb the impulses a bit.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you believe that maybe the purpose of humanizing is to make sure you take care of the physical aspects of the object? You would blindly throw it away if you didn't?

hm, i'm not sure. i do suspect it's carryover from heightened attunement to people... like you just start to see everything as a person. which is really a very NFy thing to do, when you think about it, since we tend to globalize, so globalizing human attributes and feelings is an unsurprising step. i don't know if it's so much purposeful as vestigial.

i just try to find advantages it could have, since i seem to be mostly stuck with it anyway. :laugh:

A

Anew Leaf

I know this isn't to me but I shall jump into ze conversation anyways. :D

I don't think that's it. It's like this weird compulsion to connect with the world around us via feelings. Everything has emotional impact on me - at least it used to much more than now. The older I get, the more boundary lines are being drawn... but if I am not careful, I will connect to things. (Welcome to impulse shopping.)

My ENFP mom and I would go look for stuffed animals for me when I was younger. We always had to find the "cutest" one, but sometimes we would feel bad for the "rejected" toys and end up buying one of them instead. Then later the reality of the imperfect toy would begin to gnaw upon us and we would resent this toy.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do stuff like that sometimes, too, and I'm a T! :shocking: wth??

(Like feeling sorry for the strawberries I'm throwing away because they went bad, and imagining them being sad and yelling "NOoooOOooOO!" as they fall into the trash.... I need help.... :unsure:)

Me too!

I think it's because we ENTPs are the most sensitive and idealistic of all T types. Sometimes I think we are more sensitive than NFs too and they seem cruel and rude compared to us.

I actually bury old flowers instead of throwing them in the garbage because I don't want them to end up in one of those terrible dumps.

ENTPs are very sensitive and kind hearted.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know this isn't to me but I shall jump into ze conversation anyways. :D

I don't think that's it. It's like this weird compulsion to connect with the world around us via feelings. Everything has emotional impact on me - at least it used to much more than now. The older I get, the more boundary lines are being drawn... but if I am not careful, I will connect to things. (Welcome to impulse shopping.)

My ENFP mom and I would go look for stuffed animals for me when I was younger. We always had to find the "cutest" one, but sometimes we would feel bad for the "rejected" toys and end up buying one of them instead. Then later the reality of the imperfect toy would begin to gnaw upon us and we would resent this toy.

This reminds me of when I make a pathetic attempt of using an old Xbox or ancient microcomputer to do something useful. It sucks, because these things deserve some sort of recognition besides being put into the dump, damn it. But.. they're a huge time waster. It's infinitely easier just to get something new. I feel bad for rejected electronics.

gps

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Today I was labeling boxes with stickers and a sharpie marker, and I found myself feeling sorry for the labels that I didn't like and ended up throwing in the trash.
I felt like they weren't experiencing their life potential, or what they were created to be.
Then I realized that my F is so high that it is actually ridiculous.
I need to get some T desperately.

Then picture poor T, sitting on the bench, not allowed into the game because your super star F is hogging all the time in the spot light.
Then you might try imagining clumps of mollecules -- such as labels -- as having no feelings whatsoever ... while poor T has feelings too and needs to feel wanted and helpful for contributing to your life. :)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How did a thread about feeling bad for inanimate objects turn into a thread about horror movies?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Wow, this is fascinating. It certainly explains the tendency of some people to hold on to what others would consider useless crap anyway.

I spent about half an hour thinking I was an IxFP. If this is any kind of representative, then I'm definitely not. My bedroom looks like a military bunker, I will throw away anything that crosses my path.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me too!

I think it's because we ENTPs are the most sensitive and idealistic of all T types. Sometimes I think we are more sensitive than NFs too and they seem cruel and rude compared to us.

I actually bury old flowers instead of throwing them in the garbage because I don't want them to end up in one of those terrible dumps.

ENTPs are very sensitive and kind hearted.

This is true. Also wildly impractical.

G

Glycerine

I don't relate at all to the OP. I am only slightly attached in the sense that I HATE LOSING THINGS, damaging things and replacing them...

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are times when I feel mildly sorry for inanimate objects. Like sitting on my stuffed animals (I have a huge collection of them.) Or when things get ripped and damaged. I know the stuff is not living and doesn't have feelings and it's weird. My art teacher joke about dead markers going to "Marker Heaven" when they're out of ink and have served their purposes. I have trouble letting things go and tend to be a hoarder.

Caribelle

Lol. I'm auxiliary Fe, but don't feel like this towards inanimate objects. I do feel bad for ants, spiders, and centipedes when I kill them, though.... :-(