• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are you childlike?

rav3n

*invades NF turf*

No, not childlike at all. That is unless I see soft and fuzzy baby animals. Then I melt. But stuffed animals make good doggy chews.

My doggy would eschew stuffed animals in favour of shoes and books every single time. Especially if they happened to be library books. :dont:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know the microbe soft toys on THINK GEEK, I really want some for my lab. Except they end up full of real microbes.
Plus it amused me that I would be giving people the "clap".
Yeah, not too grown up. I'm told I'm kinda innocent and idealistic....a bit of dreamer. I think people get a little irritated by my runaway imagination sometimes.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Generally, NFPs (especially the extraverted ones) seem a lot more 'youthful' to me than NFJs. I guess to sometimes though, idealism and passion read as childlike.

FWIW, I've had people told me that I'm rather childlike but in a good sort of way. I wonder if some INTPs are perceived as childlike? INTPs can have a childlike enthusiasm for something that really holds their interest.

Well, we're described often as having a silly/whimsical/goofy side, which can certainly seem childlike. Some definitely show it a lot more than others. The INTPs and INFPs on here seem to range from very serious to very silly.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah I seem to agree a lot with these posts...As a child I never really enjoyed "kid things" but pretended to fit in of sorts, but I always maintained some sort of childishness to me, I never ever could relate to people my own age, as a child I couldn't being in my early twenties I definitely can't.

I've also notice outside of the forum that INFPs that I've spoken to agree with me also I've gotten response from INTPs.

So my next question is do you all think it has to do with cognitive functions that leads someone to act more childlike?.

Or a combination of personality types and gender and that is why guys my age typically do not act childlike in that I mean?

Might have something to do with strong Pe in general, I think. I know a lot of xSFP adults who have that young tone, though it manifests itself a little differently.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Might have something to do with strong Pe in general, I think. I know a lot of xSFP adults who have that young tone, though it manifests itself a little differently.

Sum tiemz.

Maybe :)

My mom is an ISFP, (and fits the description), but she acts like adult but tries to be laid back and relaxed but she isn't that way. hehehe.

My oldest sister is supposebly a ENFP, but Se may fit her better, anyway she acts like immature person, but not really childlike, but culture influence can play a part too.

Thanks for your responses. :)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In some ways I'm probably "old soul", apparently I've mostly come across as more mature/older than I am...good and bad, I guess. But in some ways I am probably "younger" now than I was when I was younger. I laugh more easily and don't take myself so seriously and find more pleasure in fun silly humour. And I haven't let go of my youthful obsessions, whether it's rock music or Sherlock Holmes. I might approach them a bit different but they're still very much part of who I am.

I think I'm quite young in some ways, quite old in others. My friends have tended to be more a few years older than I am, though I also have some close friends the same age or a few years younger - however, the somewhat older friends I have also tend to have friends in a variety of ages, too.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seriously too funky crazy sometimes to be considered an adult.

When I feel comfortable I turn into the male version of her:

pinkie_pie_is_not_amused_by_ninjaferret22-d3dflia.png

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I wanna play.

Yes .. I don't like children a lot but they seem to zone in on me and it brings out a quality in me i enjoy. Children are not overwhelmed with responsibility, cynicism and have a fresh outlook on the world which is refreshing.

I was skipping yesterday and playing with childrens toys at the local supermarket.

I think people would benefit from holding onto their childlike qualities, its a brilliant way to relieve stress and it has a creative component which could be helpful. I think anyway :)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a mix of old-soul and inner-child. There's a part of me that feels like I was born in the wrong decade and should be older than I really am now, and maybe the culture I would have grown up in would have suited me better... old-fashioned romantic, feeling years ahead of myself. Yet at the same time I feel like the child that hasn't outgrown her inner dreams and fantasies and wanting to make them real in some shape or form. Yearning for happily ever after in the end, I guess.