• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Those INFJ Facebook pages can be scary

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
...Am I the only person who is slightly irritated with being an INFJ? I don't see it as something to be proud of. I mean, it fits and it explains why I've always felt like I handle things differently from others (especially NT's and SJ's) and knowing I am an INFJ makes it easier in terms of "how do I come closer to interacting normally" with other types.

Besides.

Listen up maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. ~ Tyler Durden

**Disclaimer**
There are good things about being an INFJ. I just sometimes wish I had a personality with a different set of flaws/handicaps.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...Am I the only person who is slightly irritated with being an INFJ? I don't see it as something to be proud of. I mean, it fits and it explains why I've always felt like I handle things differently from others (especially NT's and SJ's) and knowing I am an INFJ makes it easier in terms of "how do I come closer to interacting normally" with other types.

Besides.

**Disclaimer**
There are good things about being an INFJ. I just sometimes wish I had a personality with a different set of flaws/handicaps.

I admit to having moments of feeling "special." ;) Or a bit superior. It does happen. It's not something I pursue, though. I'd rather look for common ground. It's just stupid when people fetishize a certain personality type. Or can't see any disadvantages to it, while making certain other personality types scapegoats for all that is evil.

It freaks me out when people say things like "I don't like any S people." Which is the kind of thing that gets said on that Facebook page. And they seriously seem to have it in for ESTJs, and to a somewhat lesser extent ESTPs.

It can be quite entertaining in a :shock: kind of way, though.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I admit to having moments of feeling "special." ;) Or a bit superior. It does happen. It's not something I pursue, though. I'd rather look for common ground. It's just stupid when people fetishize a certain personality type. Or can't see any disadvantages to it, while making certain other personality types scapegoats for all that is evil.

It's not so much people feeling special that annoys me - it's how they assume that means other people are "common/plain/dull". Can't we all be special? :puppy_dog_eyes:

/NF moment

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I admit to having moments of feeling "special." ;) Or a bit superior. It does happen. It's not something I pursue, though. I'd rather look for common ground.

Yep. this is always something I'm checking myself for...if I even begin to think "well this person is an idiot", I immediately begin to push myself into understanding why someone may be "acting up". This is also a reason why I have a tendency to ignore people. If I don't feel like I can be objective in dealing with someone's behavior, or I can't even reason myself into attempting to build a relationship with the person, I just erect a boundary to prevent what I perceieve to be an eventual blow-up/fallout.

*not saying this is right but it's what I do*

Renn

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
1w9
I am a member of two infj groups in facebook. The first one is quite scary since it has a big number of members and there's been bullying and trolling but I like my second group with fewer members. The people in the second fb group is quite accepting and the group has this congenial atmosphere.

I use my knowledge of being an infj as a way of understanding myself and other infjs. I am quite over with the I am very rare that is why you don't understand me attitude. But, I do admit I have been there. Perhaps, it is because I learn to acknowledge my weaknesses as an infj and I appreciate the strengths of other types.

My close friends have different types, enfp, infp, istj. My siblings are NT's. I have lots of non-infj friends and acquaintances (they're SJs, NTs and SP's) that I truly value.

I guess it all depends on how healthy an individual is. My father is quite an unhealthy infj and he has this me against the world attitude.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a member of two infj groups in facebook. The first one is quite scary since it has a big number of members and there's been bullying and trolling but I like my second group with fewer members. The people in the second fb group is quite accepting and the group has this congenial atmosphere.

I use my knowledge of being an infj as a way of understanding myself and other infjs. I am quite over with the I am very rare that is why you don't understand me attitude. But, I do admit I have been there. Perhaps, it is because I learn to acknowledge my weaknesses as an infj and I appreciate the strengths of other types.

My close friends have different types, enfp, infp, istj. My siblings are NT's. I have lots of non-infj friends and acquaintances (they're SJs, NTs and SP's) that I truly value.

I guess it all depends on how healthy an individual is. My father is quite an unhealthy infj and he has this me against the world attitude.

This is the thing - people who can acknowledge their own weaknesses, and see the strengths of others, won't come across so precious.

I think "the first" FB group you mentioned is the one I'm mainly thinking of. There was a thread about "what do other types not like about INFJs". It seemed like everyone was saying things like "well, we're just SOOOOO right about them and their motivations, and most people are such hypocrites that they're scared of us because we uncover all their lies" and "I'm so deep, while others are so shallow." GROAN. I didn't notice many people saying "well, we can be a bit self righteous" or "sometimes we doorslam people when we really shouldn't" or anything like that. If there was a thread like that on TypeC, I think you'd find (as usual) that a lot of the INFJs are pretty honest about where they screw up, and they're capable of appreciating other types.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Besides.

**Disclaimer**
Yes, you are the only one who feels this way. Or at the very least, one of a very few. I would never want to be any other personality for any reason.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm with Wanderer. I get sick to the teeth of the blindspots and flaws/handicaps.

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, you are the only one who feels this way. Or at the very least, one of a very few. I would never want to be any other personality for any reason.

lul; not sure if sarcastic or not xD

Hmm, I don't see an issue with seeing the world as an opponent.. as far as I'm concerned it's me and mine against a big bad world; is that really so unhealthy?

Renn

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
1w9
Hmm, I don't see an issue with seeing the world as an opponent.. as far as I'm concerned it's me and mine against a big bad world; is that really so unhealthy?

I think the issue lies on one's definition of "the world". My father's definition involved us, his children. His definition is not consistent actually. He sees conspiracies that doesn't exist.

I personally believe in the importance of acknowledging other people's viewpoint. And of letting go of past unnecessary grudges in order to live a healthy life. If someone sees everyone as his opponent, what good will it bring him in the long run?

But if "the world" for you is the collective term for all the cruel and wicked people with no conscience, I think its normal.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Facebook, ew. Facebook INFJ groups that attract hordes of unhealthy/fixated/self-absorbed/maddeningly unselfaware individuals, ew x an extremely large number.

I remember when I first typed as INFJ and tentatively joined a group...it was a deeply disturbing experience...-shudder-

Listen up maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. ~ Tyler Durden

WORD :nice:

Kinda wanna go trolling on those groups nao and spam this everywhere...-scheming grin-

...And on the topic of insufferable INFJs, let me just also say: Vicky Jo. GOD BUT I HATE THAT WOMAN.