• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Top 5 enneatype + wing types for NFs

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guesses are

ENFP
1) 7w6
2) 3w4
3) 6w7
4) 7w8
5) 4w3

INFP
1) 9w1
2) 4w5
3) 9w8
4) 6w5
5) 5w4

ENFJ
1) 2w3
2) 3w2
3) 2w1
4) 8w9
5) 1w2

INFJ
1) 4w5
2) 1w9
3) 6w5
4) 2w1
5) 4w3

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Awesome list! :yes:

I'd wager that 9w8 INFPs are a bit rarer, though - aren't most 9w8s ISFPs? :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strange, because I see more 4w5 INFPs than I can imagine.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think there are probably more 4w3 enfp's than 3w4.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guesses are

ENFP
1) 7w6
2) 3w4
3) 6w7
4) 7w8
5) 4w3

INFP
1) 9w1
2) 4w5
3) 9w8
4) 6w5
5) 5w4

ENFJ
1) 2w3
2) 3w2
3) 2w1
4) 8w9
5) 1w2

INFJ
1) 4w5
2) 1w9

3) 6w5
4) 2w1
5) 4w3

Well, you got me. :laugh: I'm not sure if I'm 1w9 or 1w2, though. I think I'm more 1w9, but...how does one really tell the difference? I've done some reading on it and find similarities with each. :shrug:

Anyway, nice list.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, you got me. :laugh: I'm not sure if I'm 1w9 or 1w2, though. I think I'm more 1w9, but...how does one really tell the difference? I've done some reading on it and find similarities with each. :shrug:

Anyway, nice list.

I'm not an expert on 1s but from my understanding

1w2 is the advocate. their focus tends to be more more people/society/politically oriented. their perfectionism tends to be more worn on their sleeve than the 1w9 and they tend to be extremely selfish and expect the same of others.

1w9 on the surface is mellow, amicable and accommodating like a 9, but underneath they are still opinionated and perfectionist like a 1. 1w9s are less upfront with their perfectionism and it tends to be in a broader context than the 1w2.

PS: do you know your instinct variant?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think there are probably more 4w3 enfp's than 3w4.

I think a lot of ENFPs think they're 4s, but I don't think a lot of them actually are.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not an expert on 1s but from my understanding

1w2 is the advocate. their focus tends to be more more people/society/politically oriented. their perfectionism tends to be more worn on their sleeve than the 1w9 and they tend to be extremely selfish and expect the same of others.

1w9 on the surface is mellow, amicable and accommodating like a 9, but underneath they are still opinionated and perfectionist like a 1. 1w9s are less upfront with their perfectionism and it tends to be in a broader context than the 1w2.

PS: do you know your instinct variant?

Hmm...I am political and I believe in fighting for social justice, working for a cause, "doing the right thing," etc. I'm also very much a perfectionist. But! I tend to introvert most of that perfectionism. I aim it at myself more than anyone else, because I find it really hard to get vocally nit-picky about someone else's small-scale habits. I recycle, exercise, and become active about certain things because I just feel that's what I should do. If asked about my behaviors, I'll explain and defend myself. However, I'm not necessarily going to criticize a friend for smoking, keeping a less-than-tidy apartment, or having different views than I do. If a messy apartment-keeper wants me to be his roommate, then I'll speak up. Otherwise, I just don't feel the need to lord it over anyone. I do have high standards, but I just choose not to become close with people who don't meet them. I feel more concerned with the big picture.

A coworker recently commented to me that she thought I'd make a good couple with another of our fellows because we're both such "eccentric but mellow" people. I guess to some, I must appear really laid-back on the outside. Once they step into my personal sphere, though, I'm typically described as "emotional" and "chaotic." I've noticed I tend to draw lines between personal and professional. I don't bark often over small things. I bite rarely, but I bite hard, if that makes any sense. And I'm meanest to myself most of all.

I'm not absolutely sure of my instinctual variant, but most often I test as sexual (occasionally self-preserving). I never test as social.

I think I've actually read about 1w2 being a common enneatype for INFJs, but there's something about a two wing that kinda rubs me the wrong way. Not sure why (and no offense to any 1w2 people out there).

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm...I am political and I believe in fighting for social justice, working for a cause, "doing the right thing," etc. I'm also very much a perfectionist. But! I tend to introvert most of that perfectionism. I aim it at myself more than anyone else, because I find it really hard to get vocally nit-picky about someone else's small-scale habits. I recycle, exercise, and become active about certain things because I just feel that's what I should do. If asked about my behaviors, I'll explain and defend myself. However, I'm not necessarily going to criticize a friend for smoking, keeping a less-than-tidy apartment, or having different views than I do. If a messy apartment-keeper wants me to be his roommate, then I'll speak up. Otherwise, I just don't feel the need to lord it over anyone. I do have high standards, but I just choose not to become close with people who don't meet them. I feel more concerned with the big picture.

A coworker recently commented to me that she thought I'd make a good couple with another of our fellows because we're both such "eccentric but mellow" people. I guess to some, I must appear really laid-back on the outside. Once they step into my personal sphere, though, I'm typically described as "emotional" and "chaotic." I've noticed I tend to draw lines between personal and professional. I don't bark often over small things. I bite rarely, but I bite hard, if that makes any sense. And I'm meanest to myself most of all.

I'm not absolutely sure of my instinctual variant, but most often I test as sexual (occasionally self-preserving). I never test as social.

I think I've actually read about 1w2 being a common enneatype for INFJs, but there's something about a two wing that kinda rubs me the wrong way. Not sure why (and no offense to any 1w2 people out there).

you sound 1w9 to me :yes:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

A lot of that applies to me, and I just settled on 1w9.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i would guess ENFP is something more like

7w6
7w8
4w3
2w3
6w7
8w7
3w4

Elfboy said:
I think a lot of ENFPs think they're 4s, but I don't think a lot of them actually are.

why?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know very many ENFP 7w8s, 8w7s or 2w3s

no? some seem fairly prevalent on other boards i haunt.

hard to get any real numbers though... it's not like we have a fair population sample. my guess is an ENFP 8 or 2 is less likely to be puttering around on the internets, anyway.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no? some seem fairly prevalent on other boards i haunt.
you're officially awesome :cool:

hard to get any real numbers though... it's not like we have a fair population sample. my guess is an ENFP 8 or 2 is less likely to be puttering around on the internets, anyway.[/QUOTE]

ENFP 7w8s can look a lot like 8s, but perhaps ENFP 8s don't look like ENFPs (even as a 7w8, I look pretty T-ish most of the time). I still think 7w8s are less common than 6w7, 3w4 and 4w3 though