• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF men, don't you ever wish you weren't so empathetic?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How dare you men think so low of yourself! I'd rather a tough, tenderhearted teddy bear than a punk, thug action figure! :nono:

Edit: I'm not trying to be ugly. It's just that maybe I'm not getting why you guys are selling yourself short when you shouldn't be. Maybe it's just an assertion issue. (Thankyou Evan.) Or maybe a fear of getting hurt, too.

The problem I see is that "tenderhearted teddy bears" are often automatically associated with being very empathic. I dont see that, in all cases to be an automatic connection.

The more assertive punk types then, who happen to be empathetic are most often automatically associated to be non-empathetic. So are for example tough-minded INTJs types. And what comes to my mind about this is that actually its the superficiality of people that makes them think like that. If they were more empathetic this problem wouldnt persist.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
NF men, don't you ever wish you weren't so empathetic?

hehe, see what I did there?

Joke, of course...:shrug:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm realizing that I'm losing pieces of my empathy every day and I'm liking it.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wait, what about NF Females? Just have to say that this makes sense for us too! I'd love to be more thick-skinned, do better in conflict (both lay down the law a little more strongly, as well as hate it less), and be more certain of what I think rather than dwelling in nuance so much. I have an ESTJ mother-in-law, and it is really helping me see what it's like to be an NF in comparison to her personality. I'm not talking about all ESTJs being very, very different from all NFs, but just that me and her are worlds apart in how we see things and what we prioritize.

All this being said, I REALLY wish there were more NFs in my inner circle...

[MENTION=6466]nebbykoo[/MENTION] -- source? The mirror neurons idea is really interesting!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Wait, what about NF Females? Just have to say that this makes sense for us too! I'd love to be more thick-skinned, do better in conflict (both lay down the law a little more strongly, as well as hate it less), and be more certain of what I think rather than dwelling in nuance so much. I have an ESTJ mother-in-law, and it is really helping me see what it's like to be an NF in comparison to her personality. I'm not talking about all ESTJs being very, very different from all NFs, but just that me and her are worlds apart in how we see things and what we prioritize.

All this being said, I REALLY wish there were more NFs in my inner circle...

[MENTION=6466]nebbykoo[/MENTION] -- source? The mirror neurons idea is really interesting!

I don't have a link (sorry). I think it's in an article about Dario Nardi. It may be posted somewhere here.

Matt_s

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If I were less empathetic I'd be somebody else. It felt like a curse growing up but has evolved into a source of strength in my daily life navigating the other meatbags. Frustration from a perceived lack of empathy in others can be overwhelming but an ability to clearly communicate emotional understanding is an asset. To answer the subject title, I've wished for it but it didn't change much. I'm mostly okay with me today.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Please don't stop being empathetic. :(

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It boring to be laughed at all the time. I'm strong enough not to let it affect me but, in those quiet moments, I do sometimes think "I wish I didn't care for people that don't really care for me."

It's simply that there are different levels of care.