• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Primarily ENFJ ... sometimes ESFJ? What?!

cranez

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lately, I've noticed a swing in my attitude lately. It seems to happen frequently, especially after something traumatic happens. I've noticed that I've been less emotional, more status driven & more concerned about how people perceive me. All about networking & professional life.

Personality Test Site pinned me as an ESFJ and not an ENFJ. Does anyones N and S ever flop like mine does?

Also took the Humanmetrics typology test as well and it also stated ESFJ. Taking another just to be triple sure. Urgh.

Extroverted (E) 63.16% Introverted (I) 36.84%
Sensing (S) 55.56% Intuitive (N) 44.44%
Feeling (F) 68.42% Thinking (T) 31.58%
Judging (J) 65.71% Perceiving (P) 34.29%

Any other NFs have this similar issue? I tend to clash with my best friends when in this mode...I hate it.

I think I'm a fairly healthy ENFJ but when in ESFJ mode...watch out. Destructive. :(

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
the ENFJ's I know are very driven and one of them is very success-oriented.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
the ENFJ's I know are very driven and one of them is very success-oriented.

VERY driven. Their standards can be set astronomically high for themselves (others too). I think the concern about how people perceive them lessens some as they age, though. Still, they play the game (networking and professionally) better than anyone.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
Lately, I've noticed a swing in my attitude lately. It seems to happen frequently, especially after something traumatic happens. I've noticed that I've been less emotional, more status driven & more concerned about how people perceive me. All about networking & professional life.

http://similarminds.com pinned me as an ESFJ and not an ENFJ. Does anyones N and S ever flop like mine does?

I believe that's called being dom-tert. You overuse your tertiary function and become Fe-Se instead of Fe-Ni. A true ESFJ is Fe-Si.

Any other NFs have this similar issue? I tend to clash with my best friends when in this mode...I hate it.

I think I'm a fairly healthy ENFJ but when in ESFJ mode...watch out. Destructive. :(

Dom-tert mode is supposed to be really unhealthy. Introverts become disconnected from reality and extroverts lose track of who they are and what they believe in.

If find you've gone dom-tert, you need to reconnect with your Ni. Spend some time by yourself -- meditate or take a walk in the woods or something like that. Let yourself find some peace and inner calm.

cranez

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I took another test recently and the results were INFJ.

ENFJ, ESFJ, INFJ...

Lately I have been more introverted. I think I am finally taking time to myself.

Living in San Francisco, it's easy to lose yourself when networking / socializing. Especially since I work in the tech industry, it's easy to get caught up in the bubble.

My boyfriend, an ENFJ is a well known software engineer in the area as well. He's also SUPER extroverted too. To the point where it drives me nuts sometimes. Everyone always wants a piece of him lately because he's done a lot of amazing things lately.

But he always wants to include me on all his adventures and meet all the incredible people he knows. He's also super well connected in SF & in NYC. He's in NYC right now and so I've had some time to simmer down and be myself a bit more. I think with not having to face all the craziness over the last few months it has given me some perspective on what I need to do to stabilize myself so I can be a healthy ENFJ again.

Think I'm going to go out with my two ENFP friends tonight. :D Bar hop a bit and simmer down a bit later this week.