• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs & INFPs: Our Relationship

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
There's not much on this forum about this relationship so I thought I'd ask what you make of it?

I'm a big fan of ENFPs, I must say. They're always very cheery. I think they like INFPs but I'm not sure why (hence my question). I think it might have something to do with being laid-back and a bit caustic...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's not much on this forum about this relationship so I thought I'd ask what you make of it?

I'm a big fan of ENFPs, I must say. They're always very cheery. I think they like INFPs but I'm not sure why (hence my question). I think it might have something to do with being laid-back and a bit caustic...

I know I am :D
lots of ENFPs (self included) are pretty much wannabe INFPs. INFPs are innocent, pure, cuddly and don't have the overwhelming urges to do/say something stupid that ENFPs have, pretty much they are everything some (but not all) ENFPs wish they were. likewise, ENFPs are more assertive, sociable, cheerful and charismatic, so I can see our appeal to INFPs. plus we have the added bonus of saying everything you think so that you don't have to :D

karambolage

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
what's the prob??? I love you guys! what i love about you guys? i look at you, you make me call down, inspect the feeling of the moment and focus on what matters/genuine. you're like the no bullshit guys, let's go back to emotion. and me, i make you laugh and drop the intensity of your feelings. and just live the intensity of the moment. we're a great couple, ENFP and INFPs :)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
One of my best/oldest friends is ENFP. We're not exactly the same, but there is enough in common to keep us friends for a very long time.
And it is about the differences: I'm quieter and more shy, he is bold and quiet extroverted, but those things complement each other.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he's my valium and i'm his happy pills haha

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do ENFPs find that INFPs auxiliary Ne "turns them on"? Is it like speaking the same language and, therefore, making less of an effort?

I like ENFP optimism, the way they can see the bright side to all situations and cheer me up.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wub INFP's, i sometimes think i am more like them than other ENFP's. When INFP's are comfy i have have great bouncy ball convo's with them and yeah they get me. The more comfy the situation the more abstract and obscure and silly the talk can get, i like this. Plus INFP's have a great innocent flirt about them, and they ALL have big doey eyes which seem to scream (sing it) rescue me.
Hmmm, what else... i think in general ENFP's do love to council and advise emotionally and INFP's seem to have a never ending flow of self doubt and/or worries that we can thrive on curing, or at least attempting to.
Oh and INFP's can get all kick assy and be all objective intp whilst (at the same time) retaining emotional attachment which just rocks.

cen98

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It's been a while since I've spent time with an INFP, but I've had two friends that were definitely INFP. My E is quite low so I didn't bother them as much as some ENFPs I know did. I liked that they were laid back and warm and I admired their creativity and intelligence, I would get overwhelmed by all the feelings flying around sometimes, though. Overall, they're wonderful though :hug:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Only after I learned about MBTI did I learn that my two best friends were INFPs. I certainly didn't pick them because they were INFPs. We just picked each other because it felt right. So I can speak from personal experience that INFPs and I get along great. Love you guys.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know I am :D
lots of ENFPs (self included) are pretty much wannabe INFPs. INFPs are innocent, pure, cuddly and don't have the overwhelming urges to do/say something stupid that ENFPs have, pretty much they are everything some (but not all) ENFPs wish they were. likewise, ENFPs are more assertive, sociable, cheerful and charismatic, so I can see our appeal to INFPs. plus we have the added bonus of saying everything you think so that you don't have to :D

That's not true. I just barely make the extroverted line and would much rather be on that side of things, I've always had question of introversion (with wanna be extroversion.)

On the OP topic, I get along fine with them- communication is natural, doesn't seem to be any barriers at all. I almost take them for granted, they are a comfort zone/no conflict type for me. They don't stop me from being myself. Emotional nudity. :laugh:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually get along very well with them. We're sort of natural buddies.

I've had a few think I was snobby at first or they project other stuff onto me because I am quiet, but then once they actually get to know me they retract that opinion. These are usually the more "unstable" ones though. ENFPs are actually more likely to read me correctly than others in general.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes! i seriously cannot think of a more adorable type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is one of the reasons why I doubt ENFP for myself...as much as I love some INFPs as platonic friends, there's really not a type of man other than perhaps a really obnoxious ESTP douche who I'd rather push off of a bridge. INFP men get on my last nerve.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's because a lot of them are so surly and whiny and passive-aggressive.

I really love some INFPs as friends though. Like I said mainly some of the guys. I wouldn't date one.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok, i get it. :)

It's because a lot of them are so surly and whiny and passive-aggressive.

I really love some INFPs as friends though. Like I said mainly some of the guys. I wouldn't date one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol I don't actually push people off of bridges...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate to hurt any INFP feelings.. I think INFPs are sweet, but some go wrong. As far as I can tell INFPs seem to be the most likely to use a position of fuzzy harmlessness as a manipulative tool, kind of the 'don't hit me, I'm wearing glasses' effect. It also seem to lead to disingenuous ingratiating behavour (also an ENFP flaw), which I also hate. I it all goes directly against my personal directive of facing everything head on.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I am either an INFP with really good social skills, or I am an ENFP that needs tremendous alone time. I like both groups and seem to get along with both just awesomely, however, ENFP's can get on my nerves at times. The things that bug me out about the ENFP's I've been friends with is that while they are on the same page intellectually, and we can bounce Ne forever.. they seem to be a bit shallow. They share many of the same opinions and interests, but they always come at it from more of an intellectual, detached angle (Head type 6w7 or 7w6) and they sometimes seem very afraid of dark emotions and recognizing any dark qualities in themselves, which makes me feel that at times they greatly lack self-awareness. The other thing is that dom Ne's can go bat-shit crazy with assumptins at times. They just ne it to death without ever leaning heavily on fi and saying... okay, is this TRUE though? Does it feel right? So It's not unusual for me to watch an ENFP make great errors of jugement, especially in others intentions and charactor.. which is a bit baffling because I know they can have profound insight into others motivations.

As far as INFP's go.. I sometimes feel that they are a little too sensitive and un communicative. This REALLY sucks because I can at times be very crass in my behaviors without thinking to hold it back, and unintentionally hurt their feelers. I don't WANT to do this, but then they doorslam and I don't get the opportunity to catch it right in that moment and resolve it. So with INFP's I sometimes feel alot of unnecessary bullshit going on. But I still LOVE INFP's, and actually prefer conversations with them over ENFP's because of that dom FI.. they have highly weighed the value of their ideas, and when they talk about an idea it's not typically fluff.. they have pondered this for some time, and their ideas are often spot on.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why don't you take a cognitive processes test?