• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs from the perspective of other types

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread makes my head ache. I do have a little more understanding why INFJ's always misread me. It's all so tiresome, and head fuzzing though. No offense really intended but INFJ's really are a bit precious, and I usually give up because they do tend to hold us XNFP's to higher standard. I don't hate you guys, but you can be exhausting.

Okay, another thing that slightly annoys, but doesn't apply to any of you here that I am aware of, the whole psychic pheonomin (sic). It's all a bit fruity....and I read tarot cards as sideline business. Is that Ni completely disconnecting from reality? There is nothing quite like INFJ losing the plot, you see, and I'm not bringing this up to insult y'all, or anything like that. I have a friend who has unfortunately gone down this path, and I'm just plain uncomfortable around her now. She's just in this cloud of new age sentiments and fuzzy theories, completely disconnected from reality, and as she runs her own business she gets so little input from the world around her, and she fancies herself a spirit guide, and can see into the future. She's quite grandiose about it, but it seems just plain crazy.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry if I was all let's be negative about INFJ's, but I really am mystified at this turn of events with my friend. I know it's kinda your thing to believe six impossible things before breakfast, but what I'm trying to acertain, is she maybe having mental health issues? I'm not worried yet, as it seems pretty benign, but it is kinda out there even for the new age/physic crowd.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry if I was all let's be negative about INFJ's, but I really am mystified at this turn of events with my friend. I know it's kinda your thing to believe six impossible things before breakfast, but what I'm trying to acertain, is she maybe having mental health issues? I'm not worried yet, as it seems pretty benign, but it is kinda out there even for the new age/physic crowd.

I can so relate with your previous post...but I was embarrassed to say so. :huh:

I believe that if someone is dominant Ni and introverts their second function, in this case Fi, or their third function Ti, for long periods of time, it can make them neurotic. Psychotic even if the aux is in the same orientation as the dominant for years at a time (my theory, mind you).

So, yeah, she might be neurotic. Nothing you can do about it. When we need to go inside, we do, and that is that until that phase is past. At least that is my opinion and experience.

purpleloosestrife

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My general perspective of INFJs

-Deep personalities are intimidating and very attractive
-Become recluses when you begin to date. I dislike this.
-Intelligent
-Charismatic when they speak and open up.
-Witty
-Very invested and committed to what they do, even if it's a commitment to being lighthearted

INFJ types have so much depth and liveliness. They experience things in very beautiful ways, and are able to express ordinary experiences very profoundly. When they become expressive and tell a story, I get quiet as if I'm watching a private performance. Truly inspiring and complicated people. As romantic interests, this complication is unattractive.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can so relate with your previous post...but I was embarrassed to say so. :huh:

I believe that if someone is dominant Ni and introverts their second function, in this case Fi, or their third function Ti, for long periods of time, it can make them neurotic. Psychotic even if the aux is in the same orientation as the dominant for years at a time (my theory, mind you).

So, yeah, she might be neurotic. Nothing you can do about it. When we need to go inside, we do, and that is that until that phase is past. At least that is my opinion and experience.
Sigh, she has had quite a few shake ups in the past couple of years, and she is exceptionally sensitive. It would make sense if she turned inward. Thank you for your perspective.

nomoreshallwepart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The ESTJ perspective (or at least, the introspective female ESTJ perspective):

I like INFJs a lot, for the most part. I'm drawn to them because they're nice and considerate people, we tend to share values (e.g. civility, loyalty, justice), and I like their sense of humor and their almost aggressive uniqueness. ("Yes, I am wearing a hat with alien eyeballs on it to school. Got a problem??") Also, for some reason, I tend to be pretty quick to draw out the talkative side of INFJs -- to the point that my first impression of them is that they're extroverts! <-- I mention this because I know a lot of people who don't know a lot of INFJs because they have a hard time getting to know them, but for whatever reason that has never been a problem for me.

I also like that we balance each other out -- in many ways, but the most important way is that we are really good at solving each other's problems. If the ESTJ wants to get someone to do something but can't figure out how to say it without sounding like a jerk, the INFJ will know. If the INFJ is bogged down in a huge mess of details and is too overwhelmed to know how to even begin to sort through them, the ESTJ can calm them down and talk them through it. (Actually, from my experience, ESTJs and INFJs are good at calming each other down, in general.)

The only times I get really annoyed with them are when they are passive-aggressive, overly conflict avoidant, or closed-minded. People complain about SJs being hard to reason with, but the truth is that all you need to do is give them enough evidence, and then they'll believe anything you say. That method does not work with INFJs, which frustrates me to no end. I have yet to figure out a way to win an argument with an INFJ.

I've a friend who's an ESTJ and it works very well, the differences are trivial enough not to become conflict points. We've worked on many a college project together and on a political level he is the enforcer whilst I am the diplomat in working with difficult people. I've noticed we have differing opinions of people though, he likes people or he doesn't whereas I keep people distant for a while whilst trying to see the best in them (I have judged some too early though, usually if they said something I didn't like).

In terms of arguing, I just give up when it gets a bit too heated as it's rarely worth the raised voices. This ESTJ is a meticulous planner and gets annoyed by those who are disorganised, not sure if this is true of all of you. He'll plan a project in a sensible manner in order to take a certain amount of time whereas I'd be more interested in the more qualitative stuff what will be going on in that time.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
-Become recluses when you begin to date. I dislike this.

This is true in my case. I do feel guilty about it, especially toward my friends. But then, I think there are two reasons for this. First, I don't think INFJs have a lot of opportunity to be romantically involved with someone and dating at the same time. I'm quite certain it has to do with we tend to have less romantic experience as compare to your type. So I tend to cherish it and to beome exclusive to one individual because we want to learn everything about the person I date.

As romantic interests, this complication is unattractive.

I don't know why but it always saddens me when people put a tag on INFJs as complicated. Actually I think most of us have complexity inside us, but INFJs tend to be more vocalize about their complication as we are so used to vent our disappointments out. So I think we might seen as more complicated than other types in general.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know why but it always saddens me when people put a tag on INFJs as complicated. Actually I think most of us have complexity inside us, but INFJs tend to be more vocalize about their complication as we are so used to vent our disappointments out. So I think we might seen as more complicated than other types in general.

I think that in a relationship a lot of us are "low-maintenance" in traditional terms, but we are emotionally complex. So as I probably mentioned before (if not in this thread, then elsewhere), we can be fantastically easy to get along with and "maintain" most of the time if we are treated with kindness and respect and at least a good attempt at understanding...but if those things go consistently missing in the way our partner is treating us, it can turn both complicated and nasty.

I agree also about being more "vocal" about our complexity. I have realised that one of the things that can really confuse people about an INFJ is how emotional and rational we can be at the same time. Like, describing our emotions in almost a dispassionate way. I think this gives a strange impression, and people really aren't sure if we're very emotional or very logical. We're kind of both :D

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this gives a strange impression, and people really aren't sure if we're very emotional or very logical. We're kind of both :D

Yep.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
At two point nine percent of the population...

I really doubt the average typology user's ability to type :doh:

Yeah but since type statistics were gathered from groups of people self-identifying through tests...I wouldnt worry about it too much. As for INFJ's...as a grouping?

I generally find them ok. Usually some individuals are much better than others, but this is such a generalised statement it could be applied to any type.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At two point nine percent of the population...

I really doubt the average typology user's ability to type :doh:

Nice thread necromancing. :voodoo:

And ya, INFJs are rare little black ducklings.]

Also, most people think they can type better than they can, just as you say.

Personally, I know my typing judgments are not to be trusted.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Nice thread necromancing. :voodoo:

And ya, INFJs are rare little black ducklings.]

Also, most people think they can type better than they can, just as you say.

Personally, I know my typing judgments are not to be trusted.

Great points, guys. I've pondered this myself so many times.

Nicki

Retired
I have an INFJ friend who's so over-emotional, it's not even funny...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NFJ from the perspective of ESTx:

"You brave little soldier! :cry: I acknowledge your pain."

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NFJ from the perspective of ESTx:

^....Win. :D:D:D

in my head Sammy is totes ma INFJ brah so it's always cool when other peeps actually type him as such too lol

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^....Win. :D:D:D

in my head Sammy is totes ma INFJ brah so it's always cool when other peeps actually type him as such too lol
He is the INFJest of INFJs. :yes: I've read INFP, for him, but he's just got too much Fe for that, imho.

I have an INFJ guy friend who's similarly touchy-feely, and my internal reaction is a lot like Dean's, whenever my friend flips his empath switch. :laugh: Though I wouldn't ever tell him that he "always says pansy stuff like that". (Or at least I wouldn't tell him to his face...)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I like Sam. Don't care much for the show, though. Quit watching it a couple of years ago.