• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs from the perspective of other types

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]:.............you don'tttt~~~? :C~ Bububut it's so amazingg~ (lol)
..Nah, SPN does have its problems, if you're looking at it from a more critical/analytical-ish point of view. Like, if u ask yourself "How could this show be improved?" and look at it in terms of pacing, screenwriting &c you cld probably come up with a lot of things, fo sho
But~ idk i just love it from an emotional-ish sorta place; i love its melodrama (..as in, the proper sense of melodrama as a genre rather than the dismissive/pejorative "bleh x is so full of melodrama" sense) - and on that level, actually, the show strikes me as pretty damn 4-ish - it's all about amplified emotions and characters' oh-so-painful psychological suffering/trials/conflicts and blahblahblah...&as the seasons go on it's like "ANGST ANGSTANSGTTT. HMM WHAT ABOUT SOME ANGST OH HERE HAVE SOME MORE ANGST" and personally my 4ishness fucking loves that even as im curled up on the floor sobbing lmao~

But anyway yuh. Sammy is best. [DISCLAIMER: This assertion may be extremely biased] :D

And, re: the thread topic, i literally have no idea how i come across to others [...in person, that is; online, its like im kinda more in control of the "image" i present or..something to that effect, so it's different.]. i know that, @least when meeting new ppl, i tend to compensate 4 social anxiety/nervousness etc by sorta going chill/kinda extrovert, being superenthusiastic/vehement abt stuff; sorta, idk, presenting a kinda "big" personality? lmao. i think my sx/so may be showing? xD (..this behaviour is probably also to do with the fact that i find people who behave like this superattractive so it's kinda like a mating signal: "Enthusiastic/passionate/blahblah ppl, come over here! we r same! let us connect...in allll possible ways~ -insert suggestive eyebrow-wiggle here-". it probably grates on some other types - idk, maybe so-firsts would find it the most bothersome?- which makes me sad, but...idk how else to do it so yuh :/)

but yeah~ basically, it's interesting and valuable to hear other type's perspectives on INFJs.

..so

that was a post

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that INFJs (who actually are) tend to be the type that I admire the most. Principled yet accepting, imaginative but down to earth--they're just cool cats. :)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you sure, because that sounds a little funny?

I can imagine INFJs being "over-emotional" in a sort of hyper-sensitive way. Perhaps taking offense at everything, and the like. Though I don't associate INFJ "over-emotionality" with demonstrative displays of emotion, usually.

sorenx7

INFJs may not be as emotional as you think. However, if you do think that, then maybe the joke's on you. Learning this info the hard way, by the way, may not necessarily be worth it.

Note:

Posted at the same time as SilkRoad and not intended as a specific response, but as a general statement.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs may not be as emotional as you think. However, if you do think that, then maybe the joke's on you. Learning this info the hard way, by the way, may not necessarily be worth it.

Note:

Posted at the same time as SilkRoad and not intended as a specific response, but as a general statement.

My take on this is that we're emotional (in general), but we're logical about emotions - so it's a bit weird and confusing.

If you hear something like this from someone:

"My heart was ripped from my chest when we broke up, leaving a gaping wound. I obsessed for months and eventually concluded painfully that I needed to remove him from my life forever. It was hell on earth. However, my atrocious pain and suffering has taught me that I must avoid involvement with that type of individual in future, and how to do so. You, too, can learn from my experience in this regard."

...then there's a good chance they're INFJ :D

W

WALMART

Some bulleted thoughts:

- complex, perhaps needlessly so
- driven to objectify self-worth
- untethered to reality
- enjoys a wide array of information to draw from
- can be safeguarded against differing opinion
- mentally limber with associations and judgements

:wub:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Darling Devotee,

I like Sam's character. I like the way he and Dean play off each other, BUT I confess that I have a lot of problems with television shows in general, because I can't turn off the analytical side of my brain and the constant angst just gets to me. So while I love the characters and their personality developments, I have problems with the screen writing, the plot line, etc. It's hard to be a writer and enjoy television. Stephen King says he doesn't even watch television unless it's a movie. I do like some series a lot though. I just have to "forgive" all the plot holes and illogical things that happen [example Stargate: Huge language barrier is rarely addressed]. I'm not a real fan of angst for the sake of angst. haha.

Like you, I have no idea how I come across to others. I hope that I come across as humane, genuine, authentic, rational, calm, somewhat intelligent and creative. I like what Silk Road says, "My take on this is that we're emotional (in general), but we're logical about emotions - so it's a bit weird and confusing."

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, and thank you Wind up Rex. Everyone likes to hear something positive, even an INFJ.

sorenx7

My take on this is that we're emotional (in general), but we're logical about emotions - so it's a bit weird and confusing.

"My heart was ripped from my chest when we broke up, leaving a gaping wound. I obsessed for months and eventually concluded painfully that I needed to remove him from my life forever. It was hell on earth. However, my atrocious pain and suffering has taught me that I must avoid involvement with that type of individual in future, and how to do so. You, too, can learn from my experience in this regard."

I agree that that's accurate. But I'll also say that when something like that comes across as being eccentric and a little bizarre even to an INFP, then...well, I suppose it speaks for itself.

W

WALMART

This is interesting, can you elaborate? I mostly agreed with your bullet points, btw.

I believe it has to do with Fe and Fi.

Fe implies Ti being present - Fe is almost like metabolizing how you should feel about things instead of how you do feel about things. From this, I think Ni/Si+Fe users can become prone to seek external confirmation of emotions from various outlets, giving rise to objective criteria for defining their self-image.

Nicki

Retired

LOL this. Though I'm only talking about the one INFJ I know, not INFJs in general.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree that that's accurate. But I'll also say that when something like that comes across as being eccentric and a little bizarre even to an INFP, then...well, I suppose it speaks for itself.

Can you elaborate? I'm curious now. I really don't think NFPs usually find NFJs "eccentric and bizarre" - that's unusual.

LOL this. Though I'm only talking about the one INFJ I know, not INFJs in general.

Yeah, individuals are always different. But that "quote" is really an awful lot like me :D

sorenx7

Can you elaborate? I'm curious now. I really don't think NFPs usually find NFJs "eccentric and bizarre" - that's unusual.

Yeah, individuals are always different. But that "quote" is really an awful lot like me :D

Eccentric and bizarre were probably not the right words to use. To sum it up, though, it seems to me INFPs and INFJs are extremely different, think and process info in extremely different ways, and find it difficult to communicate. I like INFJs (the ones I know anyway,) but trying to engage in extended conversations can get tedious and frustrating for all involved. There is just too much unintentional misunderstanding and misinterpretations that are produced on both sides, actually. It doesn't matter how earnest or sincere the people are, either. They're just going to be apt to look at the very exact thing two different ways. At least, that has been my experience. With the INFJ friend that I'm most in contact with, I find it best to keep contact limited and not spend too much time getting into details on anything. Just do what you need to do, say what you need to say, and then move on. The friendship is kept at a distance (on purpose by both sides,) but overall it's pleasant and very meaningful.

ms-mngrl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wow! I have to say that OrangeAppled wrote an amazing description of an infj. IMO I didn't see it all as being negative--rather just very realistic. I kept thinking--she doesn't know me, yet how can she know all of these kinds of things about me?!

I especially agree with her point that the infp is the counselor to the counselor. At least in my case. My younger sister is infp and she is such a good listener. She has always been much more of an emotional support for me than I am sure I have been for her. Our mom is an intj (a female Spock...ha!) so I think we have relied on each other for emotional support over time. She is very intuitive and I have been lucky to have such a caring, wonderful sister/friend/infp in my life.

That's all. :)

timewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
wow, what positive thoughts! as an infj, it's nice to be appreciated because I feel like everything you said but often feel like no one understands :)

timewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a lot of respect for INFJs because they seem to be able to manifest qualities that I feel, but can't show. They are very caring and it's amazing to watch them at work in that capacity. ... I am fiercely protective of INFJs because I recognise that they are almost like the INFP's hands in the world. They do the things I wish I could but can't because it's too emotionally tortuous: if I see a child that's upset, I get upset for them; an INFJ will actually go and make things better. In this sense, I feel like I will take the slings and arrows on their behalf so they don't ever have to feel bad - they've got too many gifts that might be wasted if they feel sad. I'd rather that I feel sad for them and they feel happy and caring! ...

wow, what positive thoughts! as an infj, it's nice to be appreciated because I feel like everything you said but often feel like no one understands :)

wildflower

I find that INFJs (who actually are) tend to be the type that I admire the most. Principled yet accepting, imaginative but down to earth--they're just cool cats. :)

am i remembering correctly that you're an ENTJ? as an INFJ i find if anyone is going to be helpful when i'm upset it is an NT, usually an ENTJ or INTJ. i really appreciate their directness and practicality. they seem to help me get out of being stuck in my emotions and into problem solving & action.