• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What happens to Enfps as they get older?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would love to hear any personal evolution stories from other ENFPs out their own personal transformation over the years, or anyone that knows anything about the subject. The only old ENFP I now is my grandfather, and we got him to take the test last night. The dude seems like an old kid that is all I can say, everyone has fun hanging around him except my dad, who is an ESTJ, and only respects his father but will try to avoid him at all costs, just because my granpa keeps him in check and my dad can't reply to him.

at 21, I will admit that over the last few years I have changed so much and became more comfortable with who I am, but only as of recently do I feel like I understand myself. Will this evolution continue, or will have I kind of settled on at a comfortable place.

Please tell me your stories of evolution, I would love to hear them, and everyone is welcome, younger or older than me.

redacted

my aunt is an ENFP; she's 57. i don't know how she was before, but she has a very very prevalent Te now.

my grandpa was an ENFP (he died about 4 years ago), and he barely ever used any functions other than Ne and Fi. probably the most P person i've ever met.

i guess i'm trying to say that it depends on the person and their environment. i think my aunt learned to lean on her Te because her dad didn't use it much at all.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What a choice: Fat or wrinkled.

(I'm glad I'm an INTP: I get to choose between social isolation vs. public eccentricity.)

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I am a 46 year old ENFP. The good news for me is I am a LOT more assertive. I will pound someone's ass if they do something hurtful or disrespectful to me or someone I care about. I am much more sure of myself and my choices. I am a huge risk taker and find that I am even more so as I get older. I relate incredibly well to younger people/children and am still as flexible (even more so!) in my thinking as ever. Damn glad not to be shut down like SJ's who get more rigid as they get older.

Oh, and I am more affectionate and expressive/extroverted than I was as a youth. I was incredibly introverted until my mid-twenties.:shock:

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am a 46 year old ENFP. The good news for me is I am a LOT more assertive. I will pound someone's ass if they do something hurtful or disrespectful to me or someone I care about. I am much more sure of myself and my choices.

I find that's not type-dependent in talking to lots of women... happened to me between 45 and 50. My theory is that's why some men go to younger women they can still control.

*running with arms covering head*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and then...

:vader1::vader1: THEY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vader1::vader1:

or.... turn into THIS!!!!! <cue dramatic horrifying music>

Stay-puff-neca-toy.jpg

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am a 46 year old ENFP. The good news for me is I am a LOT more assertive. I will pound someone's ass if they do something hurtful or disrespectful to me or someone I care about.

Hormones? HRT maybe? :thinking:

:D

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hormones? HRT maybe? :thinking:

:D

Nope! Just making up for all those years when I was pushed around because I was not assertive enough to stick up for myself! Paybacks are hell. :devil:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ghostbusters Marshmallow Man! HAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Nope! Just making up for all those years when I was pushed around because I was not assertive enough to stick up for myself! Paybacks are hell. :devil:

In other words, being the societally acceptable female of the day. :yes: Ladies do speak up sometimes.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
and then...

:vader1::vader1: THEY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vader1::vader1:

That's that what like you to believe. :ninja:

or.... turn into THIS!!!!! <cue dramatic horrifying music>

Picture of fat puffy marshmallow man

Jennifer -- how could you??

:boohoo:

Have you been spying on me???

So what if I'm married to my deep fryer. So what if I eat smores for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So whhhhhattt???

You INTPs are all the same!!!

:wails and runs out of room:

Um, I'm going to seriously answer the OP later.

(And you guys all say it's NF's who derail, sheesh)

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
OK, the one ENFP I know used to be a monk. Then he was unhappily married. He divorced, then met and married his true love, and is a rare bookseller specializing in William Blake. He's in his 60s now and probably would say he's in the prime of his life.

Jae Rae

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP

Im glad ur more assertive now and can stick up for yourself. :)

As for OP:

Couple of my relatives (aunts) are ENFPs. The one constant I noticed about them is change! They seem to seem crazier and crazier by the years. Like they do things more at a magnified rate, more louder, more wilder and more bolder!
Its like as years go past, they dont really care about what people say, and seem to follow their heart more. Its like their causes get bigger, their searches more deeper and the expressions of themselves more amplified.
This is what I have noticed about them.
:)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm glad I'm an INTP: I get to choose between social isolation vs. public eccentricity.
You choose? Go for both, you deserve it :D

There's nothing like true public eccentricity to drive off the herds :smile:
I find that's not type-dependent in talking to lots of women... happened to me between 45 and 50. My theory is that's why some men go to younger women they can still control.

*running with arms covering head*
But like the Murphey's... she's not bitter.

You know men do progress too.... well some of us do...
Just because it may still pass over our heads that if you buy two pairs shoes for

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Im glad ur more assertive now and can stick up for yourself. :)

As for OP:

Couple of my relatives (aunts) are ENFPs. The one constant I noticed about them is change! They seem to seem crazier and crazier by the years. Like they do things more at a magnified rate, more louder, more wilder and more bolder!
Its like as years go past, they dont really care about what people say, and seem to follow their heart more. Its like their causes get bigger, their searches more deeper and the expressions of themselves more amplified.
This is what I have noticed about them.
:)

This does bring something to mind at least where I am concerned. I find that "sheep-like" unquestioning behavior in others drives me insane. It has gotten worse over the last few years. I can't understand not challenging stupid policies or going by certain religious beliefs just because "that's the way it has always been." If something is ridiculous it is ridiculous and it deserves to be questioned. Just because someone in authority or from some deity said it was right doesn't make it so. I do think ENFP's can become even more rebellious (as needed of course!!) as they grow older.