• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What happens to Enfps as they get older?

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Robert Downey Jr (my favourite ENFP) once said something along the line that he used to be the oldest young person and now that he is over forty he is the youngest old person.

This happens to me all the time! It's a running joke with all my friends (organized independently of one another) that I'm about 70 years old--this is funny sometimes...

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
We love to contemplate multiple things, the thought of something as perfectly final and inescapable such as death might be overruled by spirituality or "there is always another way out"-hopes which we are so good at latching onto.

I'm not sure about what it means to grow old and die as an ENFP.
But if I had to venture a guess,
We die alone, confused, unresolved.
Ne having provided countless of different personas which all pointed to nothing and as much as embodying them felt meaningful and indicative of something .. they were all equally arbitrary.
Fi being really a personal cage rather than a communication device to reach the common humanity.
Te being useful but inherently meaningless.
Si reminding us that in this world everything changes and that all our attempts at inspiring others will be forgotten.

ENFPs growing old.. are like the comedians who shoot themselves out of psychological loneliness and everyone goes "oh, but they seemed so happy.."

Champions and heroes of nothing..

I've met about 4 ENFPs, 2 said they would kill themselves at 40 because they will be unable to inspire. (in their defence, they are not the brightest people I know, but they are 30+)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so....that sucks to feel that way...it's twisting and turning beautiful things so much they become ugly....let go of it...it's an inaccurate skewed perception that will feel like reality if you let it but...why choose that for yourself...seriously...let go of it...see things differently... :hug: