• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What happens to Enfps as they get older?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
what happens when ENFPs get old? i was always of the impression that NPs would die young because of risks taken by them. i wouldn't even mind it at that.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I'm 30.

-I learned to STFU and watch.
-I become less gushy about my heart-felt feelings toward people and only carefully let them out.
-I am more likely to call BS and not just let people walk on me.

I've also become extraordinarily talented at ending forum threads. You want a thread ended? PM me. For realsies.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We turn into pure energy and become star children. :cheese:

Getting out of my twenties meant being a lot less willing to take people's garbage. I've found myself getting flintier, and I don't care what most people think of me anymore - meaning, I'm much more in tune with myself, and so I can't be pushed off my center by every unwarranted or unkind comment aimed at me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The unfortunate fact about ENFPs is that they have no way to keep their tusks from growing. The large tusks, which are at first useful for maintaining a position of social dominance, continually grow upward and curve toward the cranium. Eventually, they grow into the skulls and brains of the ENFP and kill it. Gruesome, but true.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
my dad, who's now 56, is an ENFP. he's a pediatrician, so any logic he has is only in the realm of medicine. otherwise, his behavior is mostly childlike. only imagine that the child was transferred into House's body and given 20 hits of acid. slightly insane, loves painting, completely confused by his ENTJ daughter. dances like a marionette, sings off-key and adores talking to cats. watches more WWII documentaries than should be legal. chainsmoker who goes to the gym for an hour every day. has not, in 20 years, managed to play moonlight sonata without messing up or getting distracted before the end of the song.

in any case, he's still having fun.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They finally sprout wings and fly off into the horizon.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my dad, who's now 56, is an ENFP. he's a pediatrician, so any logic he has is only in the realm of medicine. otherwise, his behavior is mostly childlike. only imagine that the child was transferred into House's body and given 20 hits of acid. slightly insane, loves painting, completely confused by his ENTJ daughter. dances like a marionette, sings off-key and adores talking to cats. watches more WWII documentaries than should be legal. chainsmoker who goes to the gym for an hour every day. has not, in 20 years, managed to play moonlight sonata without messing up or getting distracted before the end of the song.

in any case, he's still having fun.

omg..i LOVE this...sounds so much like my dad. :smile:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
The only older ENFP I know is Galusha's dad. She is constantly confounded by his behaviour and I sometimes catch her INTP mother looking at him with the same expression (part annoyance, part amusement and part somewhat impressed) that my INTP boyfriend occasionally scrutinises me with.

Her dad is incredibly intuitive and simultaneously uses a lot of Se. It's really quite incredible to see because he can make Ne connections superfast. Discussing movies with him is fantastic because the two of us can work up quite a Mystery Science Theater-esque banter while channel surfing between several shows. I can only barely keep up with him.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what happens when ENFPs get old? i was always of the impression that NPs would die young because of risks taken by them. i wouldn't even mind it at that.

You make an interesting point here. I'm an NP and took risks when I was young that I'm amazed that I lived through relatively unscathed (relatively). However, now that I'm closer to thirty than twenty I'm not as inclined toward risky behavior at all. Maybe it's because I'm an introvert.

However, don't SPs take even crazier risks than NPs? At least NPs will take more time to reflect on what they've done or what they're about to do, I would assume. I've known some SPs who did crazy things to screw up their lives and then had the audacity to say, "how did this happen to me?"

Not that I don't love SPs. I have SPs in my love whom I love. I'm not knocking them.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My younger sister is a crazy thrill-seeking ESTP and my (INF/TP) boyfriend's dad is a formerly thrill-seeking ESTP. He is really glad that I can engage his father in "adventures" in ways he never could as a child. I think EN_Ps can use an intuitive motivation to engage sensing activities.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
They finally sprout wings and fly off into the horizon.
Hurrah! *Gives a twirl and flies off into the horizon*

I've become more appreciative of my child-like side. Almost to the extent that I feel a little bit sorry for people who can't express this side of themselves. Wonder what it must be like to live without extreme levels of curiosity, wonder and enthusiasm.

My Fi has become better developed in that I know what my values are, and will defend them with energy. I'm starting to experiment more with my Te and S. In some situations (such as public speaking), excessive quantities of Ne and Fi need to be tossed out of the window.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was thinking "patchwork family" when I read the thread title, but I came to the conclusion I cant make a joke out of it :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm only 16. I don't know what happens, becuase I don't think I know any male ENFPs that are elderly. I imagine we'd have to be more inside the box, unfortunately, due to our health, and lack ability to do some of the things we love. Who knows, that's just what I think..

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Is this a trick question? ENFPs don't get older.

Lightyear

Robert Downey Jr (my favourite ENFP) once said something along the line that he used to be the oldest young person and now that he is over forty he is the youngest old person.

So whatever ENFPs do they seem to be put into the category of younger than everyone else despite their age.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Robert Downey Jr (my favourite ENFP) once said something along the line that he used to be the oldest young person and now that he is over forty he is the youngest old person.

So whatever ENFPs do they seem to be put into the category of younger than everyone else despite their age.

interestingly enough, i am always expected to be older than i am. from various people they have always said +3-7 years of my age at the time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

yep...totally identify with that and how weird that is! when i was a teenager i passed for an old enough to drink person...niiice. i know. :blush:

and now people assume i'm quite a bit younger than i am...my enfp dad always seemed about 10 years younger than he was too...weird thing that.