• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFPs, goals and focus

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mm, yes. Your answers all kind of align with the conclusions I'd come to about my Fi friends.

They always struck me as differently proactive and decisive about what they wanted to do —*especially if it was just something for fun. My friend used to do a lot of hands-on things like paint her table purple. I don't even think it mattered whether or not she thought it was a good idea. It was almost as though the doing was more important than the product…presumably because the doing entertained her?

In contrast, my T friends often can't be bothered to do much unless they can see the point first. Always feels like they have to be a bit more invested before they can make a start.

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, Ne changes it's mind about what it wants to do all the time.

That's really interesting. What do you do about those changes of whim? Do you have to reason them out? Does Ne have its own reasons? Interested in Ne at the moment, too, actually. Quite like to develop that a little more, too — I seem to distrust it completely!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's really interesting. What do you do about those changes of whim? Do you have to reason them out? Does Ne have its own reasons? Interested in Ne at the moment, too, actually. Quite like to develop that a little more, too — I seem to distrust it completely!

I don't trust it at all. It's changeable. Normally my commitments keep me grounded, but thoughts change all the time. It's helpful in the sense that a lot of times I can change where change is due, though. Sometimes a change gets pushed to the surface and I think about it for days, (more than a few minutes or a day.) And that's when I know to think about it more and maybe act. I don't know how you develop Ne, I try to do the opposite.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

As a Fi dom Ne aux, Ne is like someone tapping on my shoulder saying "Hey - have you seen this? How does that make you feel? What does this scenario do for you?"

I then daydream on that scenario for a while, extracting all of the emotional juice from the possibility and dwelling within it until I feel I have gathered all of the "potential" emotion-data I can. After that I sort of weigh up whether I want to take any action and, if not, start dreaming about something else.

Ne is great when I use it properly, because it immediately changes the world from within. With a positive Fi catalyst, Ne twists the kaleidoscope to a new and fascinating arrangement which I get to experience anew. This does not have to be externalised in any way, and I am free to indulge myself in feeling.

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a Fi dom Ne aux, Ne is like someone tapping on my shoulder saying "Hey - have you seen this? How does that make you feel? What does this scenario do for you?"

I then daydream on that scenario for a while, extracting all of the emotional juice from the possibility and dwelling within it until I feel I have gathered all of the "potential" emotion-data I can. After that I sort of weigh up whether I want to take any action and, if not, start dreaming about something else.

Ne is great when I use it properly, because it immediately changes the world from within. With a positive Fi catalyst, Ne twists the kaleidoscope to a new and fascinating arrangement which I get to experience anew. This does not have to be externalised in any way, and I am free to indulge myself in feeling.

I never thought of it like that but I understand what you're saying. Thanks for that.

cen98

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It always helps me to have other people working around me. It depends on my environment as well... If I'm around a bunch of people that aren't working that I have a great time with, it usually trumps my work :mellow: If I don't have anything better to do, it's much easier for me to work. It also helps when I keep a larger goal in mind when I have to do things I don't naturally enjoy... I knew I needed to get a 3.0+ GPA or better or a lot of opportunities would be shut off to me. I made myself think about the things that would happen if I didn't do it...no internships, no grad school, no job :panic: That worked wonders.